Ninomiya Kazunari's starring film 'Asadake!' wins Best Asian Film at 'Warsaw International Film Festival'

Misa

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,611,300

1603067752-20201018-asadake.jpg

'Asadake!' ('The Asadas') has won the Best Asian Film Award (NETPAC Award) at the '36th Warsaw International Film Festival.'

Directed by Nakano Ryota, the movie was motivated by photographer Asada Masashi’s photography books 'Asadake' and 'Album no Chikara.' It stars Ninomiya Kazunari (Arashi), Tsumabuki Satoshi, Fubuki Jun, Kuroki Haru, and Suda Masaki.

The awards ceremony was held on October 17 in Warsaw, Poland. On 'Asadake!' the judging committee commented, "It was truly an inspiring and enjoyable film filled with hope that is needed for these current, chaotic times. We are conferring the Best Asian Film Award (NETPAC Award) for its wonderful portrayal of the sadness and joy of a unique family in which everyone has a big heart and is unwilling to give up on their pure dreams." This is the first Japanese film to be selected as the Best Asian Film at the Warsaw International Film Festival.

While Ninomiya and Nakano were unable to attend the ceremony due to COVID-19, they released a comment after receiving the good news. Ninomiya expressed, "Film festivals like these provide the opportunity for people around the world to watch our films. I think people were able to see the 'shape of family' that is relevant around the world." He continued, "It's an honor to receive this award, but after hearing people's impressions, and learning that 'Asadake!' became the reason that many people went to the theaters after a long time, made me very happy."

Nakano also stated, "I am very happy that this film has overcome language barriers and borders to be accepted from people abroad."

Source:

----

Congrats! :peepopbirthday:

Top Bottom