Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,545
under construction

but basically

giphy.gif

B

bumbers

Have you been watching the Women's World Cup? If so, who are you rooting for? I only recently got into football but I also enjoy American football. :LOL: Actually, there's very few sports I'm not into but football definitely is my new love. :love:

ruppi

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,545
Have you been watching the Women's World Cup? If so, who are you rooting for? I only recently got into football but I also enjoy American football. :LOL: Actually, there's very few sports I'm not into but football definitely is my new love. :love:
Im supporting my own national team Germany, sadly I hadn't had much time to keep up with all games

edit: ups just realised that my tags might make it look like a thread for american football^^

nah sorry folks this is pure football :shablob:

Last edited:

ruppi

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,545
Hummels went back to Dortmund ...

I can see why dortmund went for the transfer but feeling wise ...I ain't really happy. Him leaving left a really shit taste

Carefree

Real/Fiction Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,280
hi I'm just here to say that Man City in my FMM save are the biggest mess I've ever seen

- Sacked Guardiola after being 6th in February in season one
- Hired SEAN DYCHE as the man to push them into the top 4
- Man City, shockingly, don't improve under Dyche's 19th century hoofball and having Aguero as a target man
- He gets sacked obviously and they hire Antonio Conte, who spent 108 MILLION on Benzema to be a backup striker and 40m on Jose Callejon despite not playing a formation with wingers (he plays a 5-2-2-1 with two MCs and two AMCs)
- Callejon, Mahrez, Sterling and Sane are all understandably upset at their lack of minutes, while the likes of Delph and Aleix Garcia are basically starters
- Also spent 21m and 34m on two centre backs and both are "Key Players", but they've made a combined two appearances this season as of late November, because Hummels-Mangala-Stones has become Conte's favourite back three. Poor Laporte can barely get a look-in.
- Despite all this, they're 3rd in the table and one point back of 1st, so I suppose I have to assume Conte actually does know what he's doing?
I think Arsenal and Tottenham are the only well-managed PL top 6 clubs in my save, the other four are just... :doge: A small part of me wishes I was managing a PL side just so I could see this mess up close

Also I'm really happy for the Canadian women's team, they qualified for knockout stages ? hopefully the men's team can do the same in the Gold Cup

RoisinDubh

👽 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
nice to see you guys here, long live the Football thread :shablob:
it's good to have a place to rant about the transfer window

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Platini has been arrested for corruption in regards to the Qatar 2022 World Cup

RoisinDubh

👽 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
You guys think Hazard will stay the biggest/most expensive transfer this summer?

It's impressive how quickly Real Madrid got their deals done, it's still early in the transfer window but there's a possibility.
Griezmann is available in the market, I believe he would cost around the same amount as Hazard, or a bit more.

PSG's owner said that he doesn't want players who behave like celebrities anymore, what could hint a possible Neymar exit.
Barça might be in for both, but they would need to sell Coutinho for a hefty sum before considering a move.

There's also Pogba who said he wants a new challenge, but I believe United won't sell him.

It's an interesting transfer window for sure, there are many players who had a great season and are keen to move, like the Ajax players, but it's hard to predict where they are going.

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935
PSG's owner said that he doesn't want players who behave like celebrities anymore, what could hint a possible Neymar exit.
Barça might be in for both, but they would need to sell Coutinho for a hefty sum before considering a move.

To add to the Neymar thing there was a report, I don't remember from which Spanish newspaper, that Neymar and Barça are very advanced in their talks. That almost everything has been agreed to. All they are waiting for is Neymar to do the things he has agreed to in negotiations and a deal should be done. Some of the things included in the report were accept a lower salary than what he got in PSG and announce he wants to play for Barça. The report was from one of the big Spanish newspapers so there is weight to it, but as with all reports and ongoing negotiations it could be wrong or the deal can still fall through. Personally I think he will play for Braça on the 19-20 season.

Pseudo

Lifetime Orbit
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,760
Dear Ewar Woowar,

Sign a centre back please.

Love,
Pseuds

PS: I hope to not have to hear De Ligt's name ever again until at least the Champions League KO stage.

fromisSakura

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl VIP+ Donor Early SupportersTop Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,646,500
Aaron Wan-Bissaka . This player is what Man Utd been missing. Totally a joy to watch him against Inter Milian. Fully deserve his MOTM Award.

Carefree

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,280
Premier League is back in 4 days, who wants to play predictions?
  • City win the league convincingly
  • 1 City, 2 Liverpool, 3 Spurs, 4 United, 5 Arsenal, 6 Chelsea (switch Arsenal and Utd if Arsenal get Tierney + new CB)
  • 7 Leicester, 8 Everton, 9 Wolves, 10 Watford
  • Villa, Brighton, and Palace (if they sell Zaha, if not then SHU) get relegated.
  • Tottenham will be kinda in the title race until around Jan, then they'll suffer an unexpected loss and that will be it.
  • United have the best defence in the league, aside from City and Liverpool obviously.
  • Arsenal have the second best attack in the league, behind City.
  • Chelsea get knocked in CL group stage, but still have a reasonable season.

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,646,500
Premier League is back in 4 days, who wants to play predictions?
  • City win the league convincingly
  • 1 City, 2 Liverpool, 3 Spurs, 4 United, 5 Arsenal, 6 Chelsea (switch Arsenal and Utd if Arsenal get Tierney + new CB)
  • 7 Leicester, 8 Everton, 9 Wolves, 10 Watford
  • Villa, Brighton, and Palace (if they sell Zaha, if not then SHU) get relegated.
  • Tottenham will be kinda in the title race until around Jan, then they'll suffer an unexpected loss and that will be it.
  • United have the best defence in the league, aside from City and Liverpool obviously.
  • Arsenal have the second best attack in the league, behind City.
  • Chelsea get knocked in CL group stage, but still have a reasonable season.

A new season, a new beginning for Ole. I know many UTD fans want more players in but I am happy with the signing so far. I hope more youth players get a chance to play in the main team. I am actually positive about UTD Season, so let me make one of the boldest prediction, that UTD will finish in the top 2. I might end up with eggs on my face for this prediction, but we never know what might happen. We been playing some nice football in Pre season and the new pressing style will hopefully be effective as long as Ole can properly rotate players in and out. If Pogba can maintain his form, and the likes of Martial and Rashford stepping up with Sanhez finally having a decent season, I expect us to do well. Our defense finally look really decent, and as long as De Gea stay confident..I am expecting us to do well. Although our first test is against Chelsea who also want to do really well after a disappointing season last year. How will Chelsea do with Lampard at their helm and without Hazard will be interesting to see.

1. Man City
2. Man UTD
3. Liverpool
4. Spurs
5. Wolves
6. Arsenal/Chelsea

Wolves have an amazing season last year, so I am hoping that they will build on it.

Carefree

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,280
David Luiz went from fan favourite to being compared to Courtois within roughly 24 hours :doge: football is so fickle.

A new season, a new beginning for Ole. I know many UTD fans want more players in but I am happy with the signing so far. I hope more youth players get a chance to play in the main team. I am actually positive about UTD Season, so let me make one of the boldest prediction, that UTD will finish in the top 2. I might end up with eggs on my face for this prediction, but we never know what might happen. We been playing some nice football in Pre season and the new pressing style will hopefully be effective as long as Ole can properly rotate players in and out. If Pogba can maintain his form, and the likes of Martial and Rashford stepping up with Sanhez finally having a decent season, I expect us to do well. Our defense finally look really decent, and as long as De Gea stay confident..I am expecting us to do well. Although our first test is against Chelsea who also want to do really well after a disappointing season last year. How will Chelsea do with Lampard at their helm and without Hazard will be interesting to see.

1. Man City
2. Man UTD
3. Liverpool
4. Spurs
5. Wolves
6. Arsenal/Chelsea

Wolves have an amazing season last year, so I am hoping that they will build on it.
Your optimism is commendable, my United supporting friends are all doom and gloom at the moment and can't stop complaining about how terrible they thought United's window was. I think they'll settle down, likely just the heat of the moment.

I like the Wolves prediction, I might have them in the top 6 too if it wasn't for their Europa League obligations, they did good business this summer imo. I think Chelsea are the only top 6 team who can't expect to finish top 4. I really hope Lampard is given a free year, if he's going to be a success it will take time and patience.

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,646,500
David Luiz went from fan favourite to being compared to Courtois within roughly 24 hours :doge: football is so fickle.

Your optimism is commendable, my United supporting friends are all doom and gloom at the moment and can't stop complaining about how terrible they thought United's window was. I think they'll settle down, likely just the heat of the moment.

I like the Wolves prediction, I might have them in the top 6 too if it wasn't for their Europa League obligations, they did good business this summer imo. I think Chelsea are the only top 6 team who can't expect to finish top 4. I really hope Lampard is given a free year, if he's going to be a success it will take time and patience.

It take time to rebuild a squad and I am trusting Ole since he know the Utd DNA in and out. Fans expecting a huge transfer window are in fo a rude awakening. After all, we are in the Europea League..we can't expect to attract huge stars unless they really want to play for Utd.

I like Utd going for young and promising players with some of the academy players getting a chance to prove themselves.

Yup Wolves being in Europea League make me think that they are not ready for Top 4 yet. How they manage their squad this season will be interesting.

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,646,500
Latest EPL result:

Liverpool vs Norwich 4-1
Man City vs West Ham 5-0
Crystal Palace vs Everton 0-0
Burnley vs Southampton 3-0
Watford vs Brighton 0-3
Bournemouth vs Sheff Utd 1-1
Tottenham vs Aston Villa 3-1

Carefree

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,280

Interesting lineup to say the least. I think most people (me) expected a 4-2-3-1 with Pulisic - Barkley - Pedro as the three AMs, but I think this is a 4-4-2 diamond. Jorginho as the holding, Kovacic and one of Mount/Barkley as CMs, Abraham and Pedro as centre forwards. Pulisic probably comes on at the 60-65' mark to attack tired legs in United's defence. nah it's 4-2-3-1, Barkley - Mount - Pedro. Mount started off really well, tapered off a bit since the MU goal but has still been good. Barkley and Pedro just look bad. One of them needs to come off for Captain America.

Chelsea and hitting the woodwork, name a more iconic duo. Oh wait, you can't.

Last edited:
Top Bottom