Official Football thread

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭798,250
Without Pogba, Kante, Benzema, Nkunku, Kimpembe, Lucas Hernandez, Maignan, I didn't expect them to go that far and even beat England.
None of those players could have had as much impact yesterday as the ref did. It's like they had 12 men on the pitch.

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭283,200
None of those players could have had as much impact yesterday as the ref did. It's like they had 12 men on the pitch.

Interesting that almost every game this round had teams who said ref was awful

NED - ARG obviously, the ref lost it and didn't control it, like how the game ended with no red cards before the shoot-outs

Portugal players criticized the ref but they never managed to be dangerous, Diogo Costa's mistake was the only one and at this level you can't do this.

Same for England, some also said they were the better team. Compared to 2018 against Belgium, France was more vulnerable on defense, the game was more tense because England were great and got the ball. However they only manage to score on a penalty kick and missed the second one. Those were stupid and avoidable fouls, especially Hernandez's.
Ref wasn't great overrall, fouls on Saka and Mbappe were forgotten. England was scary but France managed to score more, that's the most important at the end. Kane would've score the second one I think they would've won.
Reminded me of the 80's French and Brazil squad, great teams but never able to win because they couldn't be more killer and score more than Germany or Italy. Brazil and France ended by winning in 94 and 98 by playing more defensively.

Only exception with Croatia - Brazil I think. It was crazy how they didn't care to defend when they were leading with only a few minutes remaining at the 116th. And why Neymar, one of the best player of the world for penalty kick, wanted to be the 5th, not the 1st to shoot. Some would say being 5th is also a lot of pressure but you'll never know if the 5th is going to even get to shoot. Salah, Ronaldo, Mbappe, it happened before. Meanwhile Modric didn't care, he was the 3rd one and got it.

Dragon of the West

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭798,250
And why Neymar, one of the best player of the world for penalty kick, wanted to be the 5th, not the 1st to shoot. Some would say being 5th is also a lot of pressure but you'll never know if the 5th is going to even get to shoot. Salah, Ronaldo, Mbappe, it happened before. Meanwhile Modric didn't care, he was the 3rd one and got it.
I'm still not quite sure why Neymar opted to go 5th. Anybody who has ever played the sport, regardless of whether it's just in high school or as a professional, knows that the first penalty sets the tone for the shootout. Your first and second best penalty takers should always go 1st and 4th.

Last edited:

Dragon of the West

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭798,250
I'm still not quite sure how there are people out there who truly believe that Ronaldo is a better player than Messi.

BianTwo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭283,200
What is that logo...

They probably paid like 250k for a thing anyone could've done on Paint in 5 minutes

94x124dnfi0b1.jpg

BianTwo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭283,200
Saudi Arabia trying very hard to attract known players in order to get more attention on their league. Like Qatar they want to host a World Cup in the near future in my opinion.

China tried but didn't succeed, let's see if they can do it.

fromisSakura

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl VIP+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,174,650

I actually signed for him for my FIFA 23 team back when I first got the game, proving that I have eyes for talents!

Top Bottom