GeminiTzuyu (inactive)
withYu (inactive)

Facebook:
Taiwan
Vietnam
Brazil

65g60JT.jpg

- 2015 -

Pops in Seoul - The Most Visually Attractive Female Idol Star Ranking (5th Place)
TC Candler - The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2015 (13th Place)

- 2016 -

Pops in Seoul - Which Female Idol Star Seems Like a Model? (2nd Place)
Pops in Seoul - Which Rookie Idol Star Looks the Best in a School Uniform? (1st Place)
FHM Taiwan - Top 100 Beauties/Sexiest Women (5th Place)
TC Candler - The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2016 (8th Place)
Gallup Korea - Top 20 Individual Idols voted by those in their 20's (3rd Place)

- 2017 -
Gallup Korea - Top 20 MOST POPULAR Idols of 2017 in KOREA (9th Place)
TC Candler - The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2016 (3rd Place)

- 2018 -
TC Candler - The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2018 (2nd Place)

q9yMhkb.jpg

✦ OTP Threads

SaTzu (Sana x Tzuyu) ThreadJiTzu (Jihyo x Tzuyu) Thread
= = =
Appreciation Thread
A Year with Tzuyu - TW1CE's AnniverTZUaryღ

Last edited by a moderator:

fromisSakura

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl VIP+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,763,750
eDaCWKH.jpg

[G]
ELLE KOREA FEATURE - NOVEMBER 2015

Tzuyu, the maknae along with Chaeyoung, would rather be complimented on her skills rather than her looks. Loving to dance and sing, she caught the opportunity and bravely made her way to Korea all the way from Taiwan. “It’s been about three years since I arrived in Korea. JYP [scouts] found their way to the dance academy I was learning at. It was amusing at first because these things only happened on television. It was tough for me because I came to Korea not knowing any Korean. I felt especially lonely when I missed my family or I came across a hard situation that I had to deal with alone. There was one time when I felt sad when the company presidents scolded me because I couldn’t order chicken and beef properly due to my accent! But, now that I debuted after so much waiting, the only thing I have in mind is to show people what Twice really is. All I wish for is to be able to constantly show better performances.

Translated by:_tomato0210
Source: TEAM TWICE

[O]THE STAR LATE 2016 ISSUE TWICE INTERVIEW - NOVEMBER 2015

Spoiler

Q: What do you want your name to be related to when it's searched up on the Internet?

A: 'TWICE.' I like it when [my name] is always attached to my team name.

Translated by: _tzumato

[R]HIGH CUT VOL. 165 INTERVIEW - DECEMBER 2015

Spoiler

Q: Mina, Sana, Momo, and Tzuyu’s appearance on My Little Television reaffirmed TWICE’s place as the trend. But a live broadcast must have not been easy for you as foreigners.

Tzuyu: Learning about Korea’s culture during the broadcast was really fun. I especially remember putting on the hanbok with Mina, Sana, and Momo at the end.

Q: Tell us about any role models the members have.

Tzuyu: We want to last a long, long time like g.o.d.

Translated by Mego for TWICE GLOBAL

[G]TWICE TZUYU INTERVIEW WITH GQ KOREA - APRIL 2016

Spoiler

Q: How is your posture so upright all day?
A:
When I was young, I used to slouch. Whenever I used to do that, my dad would come and straighten my back/waist. He told me that, that was how my body line would look pretty and that was how to get confidence [in my body], so that's when I started to care about it. When I'm filming. I'm pretending to have confidence.

Q. But you know that you're pretty, right?
A.
A woman with confidence is pretty. But I want to be prettier. Park Jinyoung PD-nim said that it is not only important to have a pretty appearance but to have a healthy mind as well. I have to focus on it more.

Q: Wasn't there a time you wanted to collapse? (Mental/Physical)
A:
I think I a m free. (Movement and mind wise)

Q: You seem like a person with no flaws.
A
: Do I look like that? When my friends first see me they say I look scary. But if I get closer to them I really am not. I'm really talkative too.

Q: Are there any parts to your physical appearance that you don't like?
A:
No. My mother and father worked hard to give birth to me like this. Haha.

Q: How about if you are compared to Seolhyun? You both are models for different mobile communications companies.
A:
I've met Seolhyun sunbaenim a few times, and whenever I see her pictures, I think, "So my body looks pretty if I make this pose." I learn by seeing [them]. But I think everyone's charm is different, so I don't think there is a need to compare.

Q: What is in your room?
A:
My puppy plushie and face masks. Also cream that I put on my face, and manicure.

Q: You're the member who sleeps the most, but I also heard you are the most diligent/hard-working member. You always stretch when you come home, too.
A:
It's a habit. My mother tends to take care of many things. So she always recommends things like [face] cream. I can't not use it.

Q: Do you look like your mother?
A
: I look a little bit like my father, but I hear a lot of people say that I look like my mother.

Q: Is your nickname "Yoda" because your ears are pointy?
A:
Yes[My members] say that I look like Yoda when I flip my hair back and my ears show.

Q: Normally, if a female idol has pointy ears, she's called an elf.
A:
An elf? I didn't even know what Yoda was at first. So I looked it up, and even in my eyes I look like [Yoda].

Q: You don't seem to have much intonation when you speak. As if you're trying not to show your feelings on purpose.
A:
I tend to not show my feelings in front of people. All members have cried in front of the camera, but I have not.

Q: You didn't even cry during the rigorous "Sixteen."
A:
Right. But when I call with my mother, I cry easily.

Q: So you usually just hold it in?
A:
I'm not used to crying in place with a lot of people. I either cry alone in my room or while I'm talking with my mother.

Q:When you speak in your native tongue versus Korean, are you different person?
A:
I'm the same. [People] say that the way I talk sounds foolish; before I came to Korea and even after I came to Korea.

Q: Aren't they just jealous?
A:
Nah. Oh, I did hear this once: "Tzuyu isn't that pretty." Everyone thinks differently, so I don't really pay attention.

Q: If you were to express yourself in one phrase?
A
: Mood.

Translated by: _tzumato
Source: TTF
Original Source: GQ Korea

[E]HIGH CUT VOL. 173 - MAY 2016

Spoiler

Q: Then who is first in seniority? (Check the link for the full TWICE interview)

JY: (pointing towards Tzuyu) She speaks very bluntly. She doesn't do it on purpose. it's because she learned Korean very "stiffly." So she speaks like an unnie.

NY: I think it's because she struggled with Korean when she was a trainee. (laughs)

TZ: When I'm with my Taiwanese friends, they say the way I talk sound foolish.

NY: So you're a fool there but you're a stubborn unnie here? (laughs)

Q: Tzuyu became a high school student in Korea. How is your high school lifestyle?

TZ: It hasn't been long since I attended school, but the teachers take good care of me and my classmates greet me well. It's fun. I like my school lifestyle.

JY: It must be very tiring for her, but she wakes up early and goes to school well. If I ask her if she isn't tired, she responds by saying she has to work hard because she is still a new student.

NY: (to Tzuyu) Do the younger ones listen to you well? You're the unnie, you have to show leadership, (laughs) You have to be the class president.

TZ: (stiffens) I can't be class president. Maybe vice president...?

Q: You are at an age where you must want to date, but JYP has a 3-year dating restriction.

TZ: We need more sleeping time than dating. (laughs)

Q: What will Twice be like in 5 years?

TZ: I hope my Korean will improve a lot.

Translated by: tzumato

[O]TWICE INTERVIEW ON CECI MAGAZINE - JUNE 2016

Spoiler

What would be the motive to endure even with those hardships?

Tzuyu My parents always gave me good advices when I wanted to give up.

It’s going to be very fun living in dorm with 9 members together. It’s always loud and not having any moment of loneliness.

Tzuyu I am sharing room with Dahyun and Chaeyoung who needs to go to school. I am usually the one who is early-bird the most, so I wake up others when I am up first.

With having this much great teamwork members, we are going to point each other members and have a special time for compliments.

Tzuyu I also think, leader’s responsibility is great, who always manage and take care of members.

Twice is in 6th month since debut. You guys must have lot of things to do, what kind of goals are you guys planning to do?

Tzuyu I want to do voluntary work for charity with all members.

Translated by: yulek

HIGH CUT VOL. 182 - OCTOBER 2016

Spoiler

Q: You become a newly visual center. Some people said that you will succeed as Suzy and Seolhyun. What do you think about it?

A: I don't think so. I really thank to say like that. Because each of our members has their own charm, I think everyone is the visual center.

Q: You tried archery at ISAC. Your pose and fluttering hair was hot topic even before broadcast, and you got a nickname "elf". It was really hot in overseas too.

A: I saw that photo. My friends and mom sent me. In fact, it was my mistake. I must tie up my hair... the bow hit my hair. As a result, I got 0 score.

Q: Do you improve your archery skills?

A: I practiced a lot because of <ISAC>, and I practiced a lot due to <Cool Kiz on the Block> too. I think my skill more developed than ISAC. A teacher also said that I gained strength and gave compliment. These days, I'm interested in archery, so I want to come out <ISAC> again.

Q: You are staying in Korea for over 3 years. When you came out at <Please take care of my refrigerator>, you ate the food from your country and cried. When do you miss them?

A: When I don't have schedule? When I don't have any work, I think about my family a lot. So I do video call with them.

Q: Seems like you are so close to Chaeyoung who is 'school meal' member.

A: we sometimes do shopping together. But, we always spend together, so we don't talk any special things.

Translated by: tbansi1020

TWICE INTERVIEW ELLE KOREA - DECEMBER 2016

Spoiler

Tzuyu: I liked "TT" as soon as I first heard it. I was looking forward to it so much that I wanted us to comeback fast. Times other than filming, I always listened to our songs. I listen to parts and think of how I can fix my parts by thinking of what our teacher explained to us during lessons. Pronunciation is one thing but what concerns me the most is my breath capacity because we have to sing while dancing. It's been over 3 years since I came to Korea. It bother me time to time. I'm not good at expressing myself. When I get surprised, I tend to get surprised only on the inside and not show it well on the outside. When I want to thank fans, I often worry about whether they will know [my thanks]. Other than that, there's not many things on my mind. I'm the youngest in reality but the unnies often call me the head [unnie] because my speech is so bland.

Translated by: tzumato

[T]TWICEZINE VOL. 1 TZUYU'S INTERVIEW - February 2017

Spoiler

CR: TZUYU WORLD

[Z]TWICE CECI MAGAZINE INTERVIEW - APRIL 2017

Spoiler
Q: It's been 500 days since you debuted. Do you feel like you've been developing more?
A:
Although I'm still lacking right now, when I see myself back then during "SIXTEEN", I think that I have improved a bit. When I hear praises from my family and friends that I'm getting better, it makes me want to do even better.

Q: What do you think you are still lacking in right now?
A:
I think I still have difficulty expressing myself so I want to work on that. I'm working on practicing my Korean more so I can communicate with fans better.

Q: Even if you are still clumsy in expressing yourself, people will still understand. Tzuyu, do you have a way of expressing yourself to someone you care about?
A:
Wouldn't it be to laugh a lot? Actually, I have difficulty expressing myself even to my family and close friends. I say "I love you" sometimes to my mom through video messages on TV broadcasts.

Q: Are you too shy to express your inner feelings?
A:
It's a little awkward. But I might end up regretting it in the future so I think I will have to express myself more whether it be through letter or other methods.

Q: Recently, what would you say knocks on Tzuyu's heart the most?
A:
Whenever I'm on the stage, it's always knocking my heart. With the fans watching us and shouting out fanchants, it always makes me really happy and I'm very thankful.

Translated by: tzumile

Mini Message:
Tzuyu:
'My mum always gives me a lot of advices and she told me to read many books. Tobe honest, I'm not good at expressing myself. I might look strong but I'm easily hurt too. My mum told me that there is no perfect people in this world and it's impossible for everyone to like me. And I'm touched by someone's words "Don't be afraid of someone else's word, what you should do is not letting their words to affect your thoughts."'

Translated by illiy009

TWICE STAR1 MAGAZINE INTERVIEW - JUNE 2017
Spoiler

Q: You received New Artist Award in 2015 to Daesang in 2016. It is very rare for a rookie. Do you feel the responsibilities or burden by this great achievement?
Tzuyu:
We are really happy. It is a touching moment. We are always thinking to show you a side of Twice who work even harder as a repay.

Q: During the debut showcase, you said your aim is to become ‘A singer that respects by many people, and become a singer that comes into people’s mind when mentioned about Korea’. How many percent do you think you have achieved?
Tzuyu:
We play a lot of games among ourselves. I play a lot of game too and I am good at Tetris (Laugh).

Q: When do you feel ‘I’m happy because I am one of the Twice member’, ‘Good job in becoming part of Twice’.
Tzuyu:
We don’t fight even though we have different opinions among ourselves sometimes. We talk to each other and get over it quickly. I am extremely happy to be with these members. Twice is indeed a good team.

Q: Say something to yourself and to the precious ‘Once’ who are always supporting you.
Tzuyu:
I was shy before debuted. I didn’t start a conversation with someone who I was not close to and I barely talked. I am still not good at communicating but I want to praise myself for working harder in communicating with the fans and has improved bits by bits. And because of Once who always cheer for us, I want to show you more of our brighter and cool performances. Similar to us who gain strength by looking at Once whenever we are tired, I hope Once will be happy by looking at Twice whenever you are having a hard time too.

Original Source: Star1: In Summer, the Loving Signal Sent from TWICE
Translated by: illiy009

[Y]TWICE X SUDSAPPA MAGAZINE INTERVIEW - JUNE 2017
Spoiler
[Introduction]
Tzuyu
: Sawasdee ka I'm Tzuyu. I'm also a maknae. I'm the real youngest because I'm 2 months younger than Chaeyoung. The other members always look after me too (smile).

[Gossip]
Tzuyu
: Sana-unnie is the person with many skills, singing, dancing, entertaining, good at smiling and she is very good at cuddling.
Translated by: fortwice_th [1] [2]

TWICE X SEVENTEEN JAPAN MAGAZINE INTERVIEW - JULY 2017
Spoiler
Tzuyu
The all too pretty maknae (youngest) on top

1) My hobby.
A: Riding my bicycle.
I like riding on my favourite pink bicycle along Han River. Jihyo saw me cycling and bought a bicycle too, so we often go cycling together.
2) My specialty aka what I'm good at.
A: Games
. I really like Tetris ♥ Usually I play it by myself but sometimes the member unnies come and play with me too.
3) My favourite colour.
A: Dark blue.
I end up choosing dark blue for my clothes as well.
4) My favourite food.
A: Sushi and takoyaki.
My favourite sushi topping is eel!
5) My favourite word.
A: "Thank you."
6) Words I say often.
A: (OP/N:It's in Japanese and I have no idea how to write it) but it means "I'm hungry"
Momo eats the most among the member. Not only does she eat a lot, but she eats very deliciously, which makes me feel happy looking at her
7) My character in the group.
A: Maknae (youngest).
However, the other member call me "maknae on top". (the direct translation is "the capable one of the shadows" meaning someone who is in control of things behind the scenes, if anyone has a better interpretation do let me know) Nayeon interjects: when the older members are being slow, she'll say "hurry up!" or if we are lethargic she will spur us on by saying "it's okay! we aren't tired!"
8) Something I'm into recently.
A: Hongsam game
. (Twice played it on Oppa Thingking) Players form a circle and the first person points at two other, who each point at other people. If someone gets pointed at by two people at the same time, they have to strike a funny pose which everyone else the copies. Usually, Momo makes the most mistakes. *laughs*
9) Something I bought recently.
A: When we went to Switzerland, I bought souvenirs for my family
; various things like an army knife with many functions and a mug cup.
10) If I was an animal I'd be.
A: A dog
. I'm raising one back home and when I show people pictures they often say "the dog looks like Tzuyu."
11) If I was reborn for a day I'd be.
A: As expected, a dog!
I want to spread joy to everybody and also to be loved like a dog. (direct translation is "for everyone to look at me cutely")

Tzuyu's message:
Hello, I'm Tzuyu of Twice. It would make me happy if you enjoy our photo spread and look at us prettily! I will do my best, so please cheer us on~ Thank you!
Miyoshi's comment:
Even the way she blinks is cute, it's like she's from a different dimension! Her slow way of speech is another stanning point ♥

*Ayaka Miyoshi is a Japanese idol who likes Twice and did the photoshoot together with them, she wrote points about each members she wants to recommend to readers
Translated by: byulmoonie

Last edited by a moderator:

Seraa

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,060
I think you should also add Tzuyu's rank (2nd) on TC Candler 2018 list in the awards section.

Top Bottom