BREAKING NEWS Oota Haruka to return to Hello!Project, not to ANGERME

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
It has been announced that Oota Haruka will be returning to Hello!Project, but not to ANGERME.

Oota joined ANGERME from the H!P Kenshuusei (trainee) program in November 2018. She was put on hiatus in March 2020 due to rule violations, namely, that she had befriended some older fans of the group and had been providing them with confidential information about the group, such as schedules, locations, and work for future releases. The fans leaked this material online, and once it was confirmed that Oota was the source, she was suspended indefinitely and was not part of the group's last single release. She will now make a return to Hello!Project but not to ANGERME. The capacity of her return has not been specified at this time.

Translation of the announcement:
Notice regarding Oota Haruka hereafter

As always, thank you for supporting ANGERME.

Regarding member Oota Haruka, who paused her activities in March of this year, her activities in ANGERME have finished,
and from here on, she will be starting from square 1, aiming to be able to work once again in Hello!Project.

We have sincerely accepted that we as a company were not attentive with Oota
when it came to guidance on knowledge or mental preparedness while working as an idol,
and from here on, we will work diligently to make sure the same thing does not happen again

Since stopping her activities, Oota has spent her days re-examining and challenging herself.
During this time, she was able to confirm that it was her intent to continue working,
and so I'd like for us to move forward together,
with her taking lessons daily so that she can have a new start in Hello!Project.

We will inform you at a later time as soon as we decide what her future activities will entail.

I humbly ask for your support for the restarting Oota Haruka and ANGERME, as well.

UP-FRONT PROMOTION
Representative Director Nishiguchi Takeshi

To all of the fans, from Oota Haruka

As always, thank you for your support.
I, Oota Haruka, spent my days of my hiatus reflecting back on myself.
They were days re-examining the things I wasn't able to do,
the naiveté of my actions, my lack of self-awareness as a professional, how I should carry myself as a working member of society.

During that time, when I left my activities as part of ANGERME, I came to the decision
to go back to the start and work hard from there.

To everyone who supported me from my time as a trainee,
to everyone who supports ANGERME,
to everyone who supports Hello!Project,
I'm truly sorry that I betrayed you.

I also apologize from the bottom of my heart to everyone who was waiting on my return from hiatus.

I will return to you all, without fail, by putting forth even more effort than I did before.

This is a selfish request, but I ask for your support from here.

Oota Haruka

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
If she's added to a group, I wonder how the members will feel about it since she was basically enabling and encouraging ANGERME's stalkers...

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
If she's added to a group, I wonder how the members will feel about it since she was basically enabling and encouraging ANGERME's stalkers...

I'd like to think she's serious enough to let everyone know she was wrong and that people will understand she won't make the same mistake twice. In theory that's enough for people to forgive her, but I don't know. As of right now she's only listed on the UFP website, not on the H!P site, so she's not even technically part of H!P yet. I wonder when we'll hear more.

Top Bottom