PLEDIS Entertainment Reported To Have Announced Its Acquisition By Big Hit Entertainment To Agency Artists

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
In an exclusive report by Sports Khan, Big Hit Entertainment‘s acquisition of PLEDIS Entertainment is revealed to be impending…
… and allegedly, on May 18, 2020 KST, PLEDIS Entertainment’s artists have been told about the upcoming merge.

An insider tipped the press, “PLEDIS Entertainment recently held individual meetings with its managing artists about Big Hit’s acquisition of the agency.” When Sports Khan inquired about the possibility, Big Hit Entertainment commented, “Nothing has been decided but the doors are open.”

This is not the first time there has been talk of Big Hit Entertainment acquiring PLEDIS Entertainment. In January 2020, the news spread — though both agencies denied it at the time. Then in February 2020, the anticipation grew even more as PLEDIS Entertainment’s boy group SEVENTEEN joined Big Hit Entertainment’s online fan community Weverse.

K-Pop fans are, in general, positive about the potential acquisition. As frequent as the talk has been, there isn’t too much surprised reactions. Most look forward to the positive changes that may come from the said merge.
  • “Think about what happened with SM Entertainment and Woollim Entertainment. It might not be a bad thing after all.”
  • “I think this sounds okay. Isn’t it good for the artists if their agencies grow in size? That being, the merged agencies focus on the entertainment business.”
  • “I think the fact that PLEDIS’s Han Sung Soo stepped down from producing really gave it away that they are very close to acquisition.”
  • “If PLEDIS is going to be a Big Hit label, not a lot is going to change. I hope this does push Big Hit to create separate channels for the artists though.”

Source, source

This rumor has been popping up again and again for a while, though I suspect that this time it might actually be happening. Big Hit grabbing Seventeen and Nu'est to add their their BG stable would make them a veritable powerhouse, even after the BTS members start their mandatory military service.

Icy

Yuta
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,411,900
This is actually happening:whaaat:
I dont want bighit to handle any groups i actually like and thankfully i dont Stan anyone in pledis

mocha

Idol
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,708,240
EOiQeWRUUAAM_uP.jpg

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,100
Pronouns