Popular Anime/Manga That You Dislike and Why?

rektinq

regrettable...but there was no other way. VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
What are some popular anime/manga that you dislike and why do you dislike them? Don't straight up bash the anime/manga just say why you didn't like it. RESPECT EVERYONE'S OPINIONS

rektinq

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
Re:Zero:

I don't really like time travel animes, to me I feel like if something big happens like the mc or another main character sacrificing their life to save another or something happens and it's dramatic and very impactful, but then nope ! time travel ! everyone's fine ! i hate when that happens. And in rezero every time he dies he gets sent back which is really.. idk...

rektinq

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
One Piece because the character designs look ugly.
dang lmao but I get why some people wouldn't like the character designs- they were made a long time ago

rektinq

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
All of them lmao.
The only good animes are: Evangelion, Full Metal Alchemist (both of them) and Wolf's Rain. The rest are all absolute garbage. :tea2:
dannggg :sip:

SM's Kunta Kinte Silence

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,335
Stein's gate.

This is apparently really deep or something? It feels like every otaku has seen it at least once or whatever but can't get pass how dull and boring it looks.

Jojo bizarre adveture.

Characters look too much like meat heads. Bara-esque. Not even DBZ looks so gross and overly muscular as Jojo.

Usually, I can adjust to any anime artstyle so long as the story is good, but Jojo is Just too unflattering for my eyes. Plus, that one guy's hair-hat makes my skin crawl to look at it. Even One Piece is easier to watch despite how bad the art style is.

Edit:

And Detective Conan. Not because it's bad or because I don't really like the artstyle, but because the series is too long to start watching all over again. I like a bit of what I've seen but theres just no watching this thing with how much material it already has out. Too daunting...

Egoísta

Raised from the Dead Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭320,881
Pronouns
They/Them
One piece and Naruto cause it’s so long and I’m not gonna watch that shit but if you say you’ve never watched you get these funny looks like fuck off smh I have a short attention span SORRY

Also One Piece ugly af but that’s just being petty

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
i can't really think of any specific one since there are a lot i dropped for one reason or another

all Pokemon series after Hoenn...my brain just can't register more than 386 Pokemon (barely watched the the series tho)

Baki...was too gory for my taste

One Piece...it's good but it's taking so long

Boku no Pico...too cringey

Death Note...uhhh same reason why many people dropped it

Brotherhood...watched the first FMA and liked it but then i learned that it was non-canon...but i dont wanna spend 12 hours watching 25 episodes i already watched before

Egoísta

Raised from the Dead Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭320,881
Pronouns
They/Them
i can't really think of any specific one since there are a lot i dropped for one reason or another

all Pokemon series after Hoenn...my brain just can't register more than 386 Pokemon (barely watched the the series tho)

Brotherhood...watched the first FMA and liked it but then i learned that it was non-canon...but i dont wanna spend 12 hours watching 25 episodes i already watched before
Boku no Pico is only popular cause everyone hates it tho

lisssie

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭64,635
one piece - art style was ugly, too long with nothing interesting happening, and luffy annoys me
attack on titan - not really my taste tbh but to be fair i've only seen the first episode

i can't think of any others that i dislike a lot

demasta

Stan 46G Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,041,369

I don't think anyone likes boku no pico

Taesthetic

Loonaverse's pioneer. Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,085
One Piece because the character designs look ugly.

Still the best selling manga by far, I get that the designs are not that pretty but the story is far more interesting than the other shone especially, Naruto and Bleach.

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
I don't have a particular dislike. Maybe these new isekai fad or based on from newer novels. They are all fine, but it feels like they were clinically made for today's audience. Maybe I'm a bit too cynical for them and/or they thematically and dialogue-wise are too played out and predictable. I don't mind predictable at a certain point, but these are too crowd pleasing for my taste.

Elessar

I believe in OH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭74,570
I'm going to break this with a series that I like but that seems overrated for me. Hunter x Hunter...

People worship so much HxH when it is so irregular, they treat it as a masterpiece when it's not even close to that. You can have an incredible arc like Phantom Troupe Arc or Chimera Ant Arc to move to a super boring and unnecessary as Green Island Arc... like fuck you Togashi, be more consistent.

Also One Piece, more than 1000 chapters to tell us some basic shit like be free, pursue your dreams or something like that. Not at Oda opening more and more plot lines that lead to nothing, making it appear that a character has died and to appear later live and the first episodes of One Piece are almost as boring as the first Bleach arc.

Chuuya

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭37,765
Guys...don't tell me that you really watched Boku no Piko :vaderecto:
I remember being curious once because people kept clowning/mocking it, so I searched it on tumblr and...nevermind. I wish I had never seen what I saw.
After so many years I still remember those gifs. They'll be forever engraved in my memory. Goddammit.
I thought it was a normal shonen-ai anime but I was wrong:sejeongcry:
Fck my curiosity.

-
Actually, I used to be a huge fan of Naruto and Bleach. I even bought the mangas but I stopped buying them after vol. 36.
Got bored I guess.

I sold everything so it's like an old memory😄

Edit:
I almost forgot KHR lol It was really popular in 2010-11.
I loved that manga. But after the Future Arc, it went down.
The art also changed a lot and the ending was meh.

Last edited:

rektinq

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
Guys...don't tell me that you really watched Boku no Piko :vaderecto:
I remember being curious once because people kept clowning/mocking it, so I searched it on tumblr and...nevermind. I wish I had never seen what I saw.
After so many years I still remember those gifs. They'll be forever engraved in my memory. Goddammit.
I thought it was a normal shonen-ai anime but I was wrong:sejeongcry:
Fck my curiosity.

-
Actually, I used to be a huge fan of Naruto and Bleach. I even bought the mangas but I stopped buying them after vol. 36.
Got bored I guess.

I sold everything so it's like an old memory😄

Edit:
I almost forgot KHR lol It was really popular in 2010-11.
I loved that manga. But after the Future Arc, it went down.
The art also changed a lot and the ending was meh.
i think most people were joking.... hopefully?... i was

fullofjoy

The innocent one!
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭913,845
Fullmetal, watched 20 episode and still can't get interested, it's just so boring.

Death Note, same as above.

Top Bottom