Popular Anime/Manga That You Dislike and Why?

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
So, TRY NOT CRY TO WATCH THIS :sneaky:

I don't dislike Clannad. On contrary, I like it very much. However, I prefer Air and Kanon. Clannad is more critically acclaimed, but it were built under the foundation established by these two series beforehand and some of part of the fanbase seem to forget or give credit for. After watching these two before Clannad, I kinda became a bit immune to the emotional aspect of this series.

clannad

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭870
I don't dislike Clannad. On contrary, I like it very much. However, I prefer Air and Kanon. Clannad is more critically acclaimed, but it were built under the foundation established by these two series beforehand and some of part of the fanbase seem to forget or give credit for. After watching these two before Clannad, I kinda became a bit immune to the emotional aspect of this series.

Clannad, Your Lie in April, Anohana seems give emotional impact that "unforgetable" sad moment. For boys, girls, non-anime fans too.
Some people said in youtube, they still cry, or sad, few people said that they cry for few months after watch that (Clannad/Your Lie in April/Anohana).

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
Clannad, Your Lie in April, Anohana seems give emotional impact that "unforgetable" sad moment. For boys, girls, non-anime fans too.
Some people said in youtube, they still cry, or sad, few people said that they cry for few months after watch that (Clannad/Your Lie in April/Anohana).

That's a fair assessment, but in the context of this thread theme (although it doesn't fit the dislike criteria for the discussion) I think it's a bit overrated compared to the past incarnations like Air and Kanon which IMO are as emotionally impactful as Clannad (and in Japan they are as influential if not more within the moe enthusiasts).

I do have more of a problem with claims within the fanbase which did not watch these two series before Clannad and kinda tosses them aside when quality wise they are very even matched. Because they watched Clannad first, I believe it made the melodramatic parts of these past works less effective to them which is kinda the same with me. Your Lie and Anohana have different emotional waves than Clannad while Clannad is pretty similar to Kanon and Air in terms of inducing these emotional notes, giving me some immunity still I was very emotionally affected even if less than normal if it was a fresh series for me.

ace

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,241
angel beats - every anime fan i've known seems to enjoy it but i couldn't even finish the first episode. i don't even remember what happened from what i did watch it was so forgettable and boring.

your lie in april - some guy i knew who said he hates anime said this was the only anime worth watching. i watched a couple eps and tbh,, it sucked. personally, it's not my taste and i didn't even know what the plot was it was confusing.

clannad

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭870
You know Kyoto Animation? They make Clannad,inuyasha,violet evergarden. NOW THEY STUDIO IS BURNED :cry:

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
Sword Art Online. It really should have been the perfect series and it was a genre I should have loved. And I did enjoy it while it kept the fantasy plot for the first few episodes, until the romance starts to be pushed heavily. It became insufferable. The characters lost their depth. I couldn't stand that child. This is a fantasy series, I don't want domestic teens. The second half of the series I thought might pick up but of course, it was so driven by the romance. Kirito literally lost his personality. I dropped it at that point, not bothering to give it another chance.

Tokyo Ghoul. I'll sound like a hypocrite the second I mention I loved Deadman Wonderland but I read the first few chapters of Tokyo Ghoul and it was graphic, kind of gory and the genre wasn't working for me. It was mega popular at this point and I'd wanted to understand what the hype was all about but I wasn't enjoying it. I stopped reading it then.

S

Some

One piece
I don't hate it but i can't bring myself to watch it because of the character design no matter how much i try

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,420
angel beats - every anime fan i've known seems to enjoy it but i couldn't even finish the first episode. i don't even remember what happened from what i did watch it was so forgettable and boring.

your lie in april - some guy i knew who said he hates anime said this was the only anime worth watching. i watched a couple eps and tbh,, it sucked. personally, it's not my taste and i didn't even know what the plot was it was confusing.

Your Lie in April is about this child piano prodigy who learns from a girl who's a friend of his friend that music doesn't need to be followed so strictly and that it's okay to deviate from the written score a little and have fun, because he grew up under the tutelage of his strict and abusive mother who hit him over not getting the tempo right, missing a beat, etc. And then somewhere in the middle they threw in the "girl suffers from an incurable disease" plotline. I liked it because well, I enjoy classical music.

rektinq

regrettable...but there was no other way. VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
Your Lie in April is about this child piano prodigy who learns from a girl who's a friend of his friend that music doesn't need to be followed so strictly and that it's okay to deviate from the written score a little and have fun, because he grew up under the tutelage of his strict and abusive mother who hit him over not getting the tempo right, missing a beat, etc. And then somewhere in the middle they threw in the "girl suffers from an incurable disease" plotline. I liked it because well, I enjoy classical music.
personally I loved it, but not everyone enjoys slice of slice / romance / that kind of anime so I get it when people don't like it tbh

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,420
personally I loved it, but not everyone enjoys slice of slice / romance / that kind of anime so I get it when people don't like it tbh

um that user said they didn't understand the plot so I explained it to them. I thought it was plain-as-day obvious that it's a classical music-themed anime like Nodame Cantabile but I guess not.

rektinq

regrettable...but there was no other way. VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
um that user said they didn't understand the plot so I explained it to them. I thought it was plain-as-day obvious that it's a classical music-themed anime like Nodame Cantabile but I guess not.
oh lmao

IcaroRibeiro

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,450
Fairy Tail. I actually not only dislike, I really hate it

First I must say the narrative is sloppy and pretty repetitive, but I can tolerate this sometimes. The world building is not good either despite been a very long story with over 400 chapters. But what I truly dislike in Fairy Tail is how this manga treats females

They indeed have good screen time, good personalities, good battles, powerful magic and are always in lead positions, that's great and I like that. But in other hand they are way too much sexualized

I know ecchi seems commonplace among modern shonen, but this one have too much sexual objectification for my taste. The way Mashima portrays his woman characters annoys me, they always have big boobs and designed to show their bodies. They always have a lot of skin exposure in their legs, belly and breasts, and are often positioned in very suggestive takes. Seems like he loves give them battles to have an excuse to get the girls undressed (every time a magic hit a girl their clothes are destroyed, and it's not uncommon seen them naked )

Even for comic effect I find this kind of female representation one of the worst things present in modern shonen. I just can't stand it. This critic doesn't only apply to Fairy Tail, in fact I can say the same for dozen other animes, but this one deserve a special mention because I read more than half of it (I dropped after the disgusting misogynistic Yukino punishment by Sabertooth) and it is indeed very popular among teenagers

Last edited:

paradise.mp3

HEART BOOM BOOM GIRL YOU KILLING ME Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭58,605
One Piece because it looks ugly and too many episodes for me to even give it a shot

boo

*¨*•.¸¸ପଓ VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭18,070
Sailor Moon, I couldn't get past first few eps b/c mc is always crying and whining.

S

Some

One piece
I don't hate it but i can't bring myself to watch it because of the character design no matter how much i try

Flashforward to today well not today these days will technically 2 months ago i don remember anywho i watched it 1080 and now its my faveorite thing in the entire world and one of the reasons i live and breath ....😍

S

Some

Flashforward to today well not today these days will technically 2 months ago i don remember anywho i watched it 1080 and now its my faveorite thing in the entire world and one of the reasons i live and breath ....😍

I meant fastforward omg i can't english Lol XD

OutroTearTheFirst

Oh, I'm sorry, but nobody does evil the way I do! Fourth Place HoE
Reaction score
On a picnic with gasppepe eating nugget peepo
Plus Coins
⨭56,150
Pronouns
She/Her
Death Note - that shit was BORING!!! I tried really hard to watch it but my ass fell asleep so I gave up around episode 7. Suprised I lasted that long :sip:

Naruto - I just could never get into it

One Piece - I made an attempt, maybe I’ll give it another shot, but honestly there are so many episodes that I kind of don’t want to tbh

Top Bottom