Popular books I ended up disappointed with

Belkiss

BTS raised themselves Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭77,065
I am in a roll this year. Many many popular books I was so excited about but I didn't like them
Some I even didn't finish, others I admit they are well written but I am not the target audience. My biggest complain is the writing in most cases.
PS: When I DNF a book (don't finish it), I usually look for a summary. In 100% of my DNF cases, I end up feeling proud of my decision.
Here are some

28257707.jpg

2/5 stars

Bla Bla Bla and a waste of time

23513349.jpg

1/5
a piece of shit. It's not even poetry
It feels like those twitter or facebook shitty posts and updates.

32075671._SY475_.jpg

I DNF it
It's so poorly written
uuugh I had high hopes but the writing failed me -_-
The premise is amazing but needs a better writer smh.
Also, it was longer and overly dramatic than it needed to be tbh
Everybody in this book is a walking stereotype

27833670._SY475_.jpg

2.75/5
It was boring

35959740._SY475_.jpg

DNF @30%
The fuck is the point from this book Reading it was a torture.
I can't understand all the hype
Sorry but I have no time to waste on books that bore the fuck out of me
It was full of info dumb and boring unlikable characters

34219873.jpg

I liked some stuff but overall this wasn't for me

33643994._SY475_.jpg

1/5

This was pain in the ass

16034235.jpg

LMAO hahahha
An assassin (she never killed someone) who spent her year enslaved and tortured
but when she is offered the opportunity to go to the castle and fight for her freedom,
she only cares about dresses and kissing hot guys

25526296.jpg

Dry and emotionless

20170404.jpg

2/5

aaah this pains me . I was so excited for it
It's a well written book but not my cup of tea. I was just so bored

26032825.jpg

FUCK THIS BOOK! This is one of the silliest, stupidest and lamest books I have ever read. It made me angry.
I fail to even point out one good thing about this shit.
Zero logic, No world-building, no fucking character's depth or development. Silly plot and laughable cliches

32620332._SY475_.jpg

1/5
Biggest fucking eyeroll ever!
I finished this last night and this is one of my worst reads ever
Bad writing, asshole characters and negative representation of women empowerment
(I read Daisy Jones as well and I wasn't that impressed either mainly because
of the writing and the fact that I hate reading about assholes but it wasn't as bad as this)

wiz109

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,260
Since our taste in fantasy seems to be the same, I'll take your word for it and avoid some of these books.

The ones I really wanted to read were Circe (and The Song of Achilles), The Cruel Prince, and the Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.

My cousin recommended Sarah J Maas to me but I never looked into her since it always seemed like typical YA to me.

Another recommendation from a friend was milk and honey, I might read it for my summer reading challenge but don't expect much from it since poetry rarely interests me.

mochichan

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,670
919ksULtpHL.jpg

This series. I couldn't finish it because of the writing. I went in expecting some small town magic mystery and it's some chicks in surrounded by hot guys and shes like ohhh no~ they go to that rich school so they're like bad boys and I shouldn't get close to them

Also I'm glad I'm not only one who don't care for throne of glass
I tried reading it 2 times but I couldn't give a fuck about the protag + or her royal guard romantic interest

Also I kinda grew out of Percy Jackson + etc series....its fun when you're younger but it's corny af reading it as adult now

Baby Pickle

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭61,075
oh I've read the cruel prince and the throne of glass and I didn't like any of them
I especially disliked the main female characters ;-;

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
My ex-friend was a big fan of Throne of Glass and I always used to think she had good taste, so I'm surprised hearing how you described it. It really doesn't seem like something she would have enjoyed but maybe she has poorer taste than I realised :smug:

I'm gonna call out the whole Hunger Games trilogy as a former fan. The plots are just so slow. You can skip the first half of every book and it still makes sense. No one is reading the series for the first half of the books, everyone is there for the fighting and action. I wouldn't give the series a second shot, it just isn't worth it.

Top Bottom