IOI member tracker(since2019) + Post IOI Group Analysis (Year 4+)Updating for 2021

MVSica

✨🐻Ujung🛰️✨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,653
Post IOI Group Analysis (Year 4+)updating 2021
iu

So here in year 4 of the Produce experiment I think we have seen great post IOI success as well as some very sad heart break. Lets talk a little about what happened:

IOI
(9 Music Show Wins)

Album Sales:
10/2016 MISS ME? — 106,439
08/2016 Whatta Man— 78,535
05/2016 Chrysallis — 87,783

=

****Currently updating 2020-2021, please comment if you would like to add info about a member!****

Chungha:
Superstar
2019-

Tbh she is more successful than I thought any IOI soloist would be. She really has grown as an artist and I am really proud of her growth. She is basically always charting and when she comes back is guaranteed at least a few wins.

CHUNGHA
(13 Music Show Wins)

Album Sales:
06/2019 Flourishing — 22.887
01/2019 XII — 10.000
07/2018 Blooming Blue — 13.523
01/2018 Offset — 15.768
06/2017 Hands On Me — 13.215

=
75k+

First Win with Gotta Go on Show Champion!

Snapping Wins

Right behind Taeyeon and IU thats not bad lolol

2020-
2021-

Yoo Yeonjung: V1 Champion
2019-
WJSN: WUJU legends.

The WUJU/Ujung journey with V-1 Champion and ost queen(9) Yoo Yeonjung has been very great. Starting modest to winning lots of things, there were tough times but continual growth (their album chart is beautiful to look at lmao). 6 music show wins, 450k+ album sales, As You Wish Charting at #4 during New years making them Korea's Icon of Hope is pretty amazing for a group many dismissed during their debut. As you can see hard work pays off. Yeonjung and WJSN were the 5th best selling girl group in 2019 with over 230k albums sold!

WJSN
(8 Music Show Wins total)

Album Sales:
06/2020 Neverland 105k+(new)
11/2019 As You Wish — 97k+
06/2019 For the Summer — 78.555
01/ 2019 WJ STAY? — 64.339
09/2018 WJ PLEASE? — 61.952
02/2018 Dream your dream — 49.002
06/2017 HAPPY MOMENT — 38.368
01/2017 From. 우주소녀 — 36.441
08/2016 THE SECRET — 19.090
02/2016 WOULD YOU LIKE? — 13.787

=
550k+

Lygern7.gif

First Mcountdown Win Boogie Up

As you Wish First Win

Other WUJU stuff:

-VLIVE top 10 re:memVer party

-Secret Box concert(2 days)

-They had a concert in Germany(with MX and Kard) and Japan!

- Yeonjung and WJSN joined Chungha, Blackpink and Twice as LENSTOWN contact models

-WJSN won 3 gold medals( Yeonjung Yoojung and Eunseo where really funny lol) during ISAC Chuseok Special "winning" the gg portion

Yoo Yeonjung is the Official V-1 Champion:
Yeonjung won the V-1 singing survival show against many great girl group main vocalists.
7vdnOR6.jpg

Yoo Yeonjung V - 1 Champion

As You Wish #4 New Years Song
2020-
WJSN( 2 wins- Butterfly):

Breaking all their record with 19 million MV views and 70k+ sales in a week, WJSN have now sold over 500,000 albums!!!

MCountdown Win

The SHOW Win

Lotto Singer
Ost
As You Wish Roofhit National New years Song

2021-
WJSN comeback

Sejeong:
2019-

Sejeong( 1 Win - Plant)

2020-
She really should have gone solo from the start with how she can be successful with small glimpses from Jellyfish. She has 2 wins as a soloist!

Sejeong
(2 Music Show Wins)

Album Sales:
03/2020 Plant — 5k+

Plant First Win

2021-
comeback

Somi:
2019-

After waiting forever, Somi finally debuted! Hoping she will comeback soonish to continue her potentially successful career. She has almost 70 M views!
Somi:
Album Sales:
:bakacat:

2020-
comeback
2021-

Nayoung:
2019-
Left Pledis, She is finally free from the dungeon.
:shablob:
2020-
2021-

Chayeon:
2019-

Starred in a Netflix Show!
'Chaeyeon acting in my first first love was a slay, global queen ' - @Yohan Minaj

2020-
2021-

Sohye:
2019-

had a critically acclaimed movie in 2019, Moonlight Winter
2020-
She is getting work !

2021-

Kyulkyung:
2019-

just had a drama release, Miss truth, and another one on the way (Legend of Fei) in the near future.
Depending on how that lawsuit goes, I dont think anyone should be worried about her
2020-
2021-

Yoojung:
2019-
dramas
2020-
2021-

Doyeon:
2019-
dramas
2020-
2021-

Mina:
2019-

had a pretty prominent role in Hotel Del Luna, one of the biggest kdramas of 2019
2020-
2021-

-thanks to @BlueNose

Group analysis:

Active:

WJSN: WUJU legends.

The WUJU/Ujung journey with V-1 Champion and ost queen(9) Yoo Yeonjung has been very great. Starting modest to winning lots of things, there were tough times but continual growth (their album chart is beautiful to look at lmao). 6 music show wins, 450k+ album sales, As You Wish Charting at #4 during New years making them Korea's Icon of Hope is pretty amazing for a group many dismissed during their debut. As you can see hard work pays off. Yeonjung and WJSN were the 5th best selling girl group in 2019 with over 230k albums sold!

As You Wish and Butterfly, Chocome, new comeback

WJSN
(8 Music Show Wins total)

Album Sales:
06/2020 Neverland 105k+(new)
11/2019 As You Wish — 97k+
06/2019 For the Summer — 78.555
01/ 2019 WJ STAY? — 64.339
09/2018 WJ PLEASE? — 61.952
02/2018 Dream your dream — 49.002
06/2017 HAPPY MOMENT — 38.368
01/2017 From. 우주소녀 — 36.441
08/2016 THE SECRET — 19.090
02/2016 WOULD YOU LIKE? — 13.787

=
550k+

Weki Meki:

Consistent quality releases, hoping they can grow more this year. :heartpar:

Weki Meki

Album Sales:
06/2020 Hide and Seek 8000+(new)
08/2019 WEEK END LOL — 9.149
05/2019 LOCK END LOL — 20.051
10/ 2018 KISS, KICKS — 22.281
02/2018 Lucky — 32.698
08/2017 WEME — 49.476

=
140k+

Dazzle Dazzle Newest Release

add newest

DIA:
Mbk is really holding them back, they have talent and Chaeyeon as a model/actress is doing well. I really liked their last comeback which was now over a year ago. But where are they?

DIA
(1 Music Show Win)

Album Sales:
06/2020 Flower 4 Seasons - 3200+(new)
03/2019 NEWTRO—10,576
08/2018 Summer Ade — 12,076
10/2017 Present — 9,562
08/2017 Love Generation all 4 albums — 27,482
04/2017 YOLO — 15,747
09/2016 Spell —13,405
06/2016 Happy ending — 9,474
09/2015 Do it Amazing - 2,412

=
105k~

About DIA : No updates about Somyi since her last VLive (who ended abruptly) and since her last IG post where she was complaining about her label. Then Ryu Sera in one of her video talked about rumours about the group coming back with some changes in the line-up. So I don't know if MBK will kick Somyi out of the group, I hope not, or will she ever return to the group 🤔
Eunice is being active with her YT channel with her members (without Somyi), so they are still around but I don't know if they are planning to comeback.

thanks to @BianTwo

DIA came back with "Hug U" in June 2020, Chaeyeon and Somyi were not in this comeback.

Update

DISBANDED:

update

Gugudan: Disbanded 2021

This is sad to me as they were my second favorite group, I think the combination of such a strong Sejeong solo fanbase from IOI(she was second) which really is great for her solo career, had become a liability for Gugudans early fandom growth... Sejeong talked recently about a Gugudan comeback, which I hope is true; as Nov will have been 2 years since "Not that type". Both Mina and Sejeong are getting drama and MC jobs which is good since Gugudans semi-hiatus is strange.

Gugudan

Album Sales:
11/2018 Act.5 New Action — 9.813
08/2018 Sub Unit: - Semina — 12,312
02/2018 Act.4 Cait Sith — 20.934
11/2017 Act.3 Chococo Factory — 20.435
02/2017 Act.2 Narcissus — 29.207
06/2016 Act.1 The Little Mermaid — 22.217

=
116k ~

Act.5 New Action/Not That Type was a year and a half ago

About gugudan : Another rumour is about Sally's participation in a survival show in China. She's not in YWY, we'll see with Produce Camp.

thanks to @BianTwo

Disbanded 2021

Pristin: Disbanded 2019
RIP This is its own subject- I'm a little concerned about Kyulkyung's lawsuit maybe meaning she wont be back to Korea... I am however pretty happy to see leader Nayoung finally be able to do some of the things she wants as an artist.

Pristin

Album Sales:
05/2018 Sub Unit: Pristin V — 18,301
08/2017 SCHXXL OUT — 27,276
03/2017 Hi! PRISTIN — 43,300

=
89k~

A few members re-debuted in Hinapia which also disbanded due to the pandemic :pandafrozen:

----- END-----
Anyways just some brief over view of where the IOI groups/girls are now.

I think as we've seen kpop companies love to find a way to mess things up lol But sometimes they can get out of their own way long enough to let the idols shine...

:bakacat:

Album sales taken from https://twitter.com/koreansales_twt/status/1205186383050166278?s=20 and @Pepper s Kpop database

*edit--- I would like to add more info for all members and groups if anyone would like to add any relevant things that the members or groups have done from 2019 to now please dm me or comment!

Last edited:

BlueNose

Not to say that Im in love with you VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,195,600
Sohye had a critically acclaimed movie in 2019, Moonlight Winter
Kyulkyung just had a drama release, Miss truth, and another one on the way (Legend of Fei) in the near future. Depending on how that lawsuit goes, i dont think anyone should be worried about her
Yoojung and Doyeon have dramas on the way for later this year, but idr their names
Mina had a pretty prominent role in Hotel Del Luna, one of the biggest kdramas of 2019
@Yohan Minaj already mentioned Miss Chaeyeon :palglam:

and Gugudan are gugudisbanded in everything but name only at this moment, we are sad to see it. i really wanted them to win. I hope Dia can comeback soon too, i miss them

everyone else you mentioned tho, slay, i hope they keep being successful in 2020 and well into the future

MVSica

✨🐻Ujung🛰️✨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,653
Sica it's on netflix
dancing_lizard1.gif

here's the trailer

Sohye had a critically acclaimed movie in 2019, Moonlight Winter
Kyulkyung just had a drama release, Miss truth, and another one on the way (Legend of Fei) in the near future. Depending on how that lawsuit goes, i dont think anyone should be worried about her
Yoojung and Doyeon have dramas on the way for later this year, but idr their names
Mina had a pretty prominent role in Hotel Del Luna, one of the biggest kdramas of 2019
@Yohan Minaj already mentioned Miss Chaeyeon :palglam:

and Gugudan are gugudisbanded in everything but name only at this moment, we are sad to see it. i really wanted them to win. I hope Dia can comeback soon too, i miss them

everyone else you mentioned tho, slay, i hope they keep being successful in 2020 and well into the future

thanks I added all of that! :heartpar: :bakacat:

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭256,350
IOI will be a nice reference for post Produce groups, they are a lot to learn about the path each member took.

Chungha and WJSN with Yeonjung are successful.
Sohye seems to be in a nice situation with her acting career.
Mina, Sejeong, Yoojung, Doyeon and Chaeyeon are doing well individually but their group are still struggling, they are literally carrying their own group since the beginning.
Nayoung, in my opinion she left the idol path and became more a model, I hope she's alright and happy.
Kyulkyung is only active in China since Pristin's disbandment, except the Battle Trip she did with Chungha. With her issue with her Korean AND Chinese label I'm worried.
Somi, she probably wanted to have more freedom, to be a soloist, I hope she can have a comeback soon. Some may think she made a bad choice by leaving JYP and not debut with ITZY. But she still have a solid recognition, she better not wait too long.

Outside the top 11 it's hard to find success for P101 contestant. Han Hyeri, the 12th, disappeared, Taeha left Momoland, those who are still active aren't known. Only G-IDLE Soyeon became big and Sihyeon waited more years and a second participation in P48 to become more known with Everglow.

For P48 and IZONE they didn't make the same mistakes :

2.5 years contrat, long enough.
Members were exclusive until the end of the contract.
And in the meantime Izone members' respective labels launched their NGG (Rocket Punch and Everglow for the moment) in order to reduce the popularity gap when Izone will disband and eventually join these groups.

But that won't change solo stans, it will happen once again

Sweetlight

☆☆☆ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭152,675
I fear for gugudan's future because I feel like they bring no profit at all. Sejeong solo artist is much bigger than gugudan's Sejeong and she should've gone solo from the beginning tbh
It's nice to see Weki Meki doing kinda well and growing with each release, their growth as a group is really impressive and I feel like after LaLaLa they managed to find their own identity as a group, Yoojung and Doyeon don't overshadow the other members.

Sweetlight

☆☆☆ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭152,675
The real winners of Produce seem to be Chungha and Soyeon tbh.

and soon Chanmi now that she finally got signed as a soloist, period

BlueNose

Not to say that Im in love with you VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,195,600
IOI will be a nice reference for post Produce groups, they are a lot to learn about the path each member took.

Mina, Sejeong, Yoojung, Doyeon and Chaeyeon are doing well individually but their group are still struggling, they are literally carrying their own group since the beginning.
Nayoung, in my opinion she left the idol path and became more a model, I hope she's alright and happy.
Kyulkyung is only active in China since Pristin's disbandment, except the Battle Trip she did with Chungha. With her issue with her Korean AND Chinese label I'm worried.
Somi, she probably wanted to have more freedom, to be a soloist, I hope she can have a comeback soon. Some may think she made a bad choice by leaving JYP and not debut with ITZY. But she still have a solid recognition, she better not wait too long.

Outside the top 11 it's hard to find success for P101 contestant. Han Hyeri, the 12th, disappeared, Taeha left Momoland, those who are still active aren't known. Only G-IDLE Soyeon became big and Sihyeon waited more years and a second participation in P48 to become more known with Everglow.

And in the meantime Izone members' respective labels launched their NGG (Rocket Punch and Everglow for the moment) in order to reduce the popularity gap when Izone will disband and eventually join these groups.

"With her issue with her Korean AND Chinese label I'm worried."
Her Chinese label... is Pledis... well a subcompany of pledis just for their idols to work in china
XCSS is not as separate an entity as the news makes it look. if Kyulkyung wants to separate from Pledis, then ofc she stops talking to her XCSS, cause both companies are about 1 and the same. i don't mean to sound mean, but that's just smth that's been annoying me a bit when the news dropped and their was a bit of vagueness that can be misconstrued

I hope Somi can comeback soon too ;/ its been too long

I think Izone and pd48 did learn from these mistakes. aside from the scandal kind of putting a dent in some of the public opinion, they've been doing everything right so far. So i hope the girls from PD48 who have debuted/well debut soon (like Miyu in Mystic) and the Izone girls (after their izone contract is over) will have success

MVSica

✨🐻Ujung🛰️✨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,653

"With her issue with her Korean AND Chinese label I'm worried."
Her Chinese label... is Pledis... well a subcompany of pledis just for their idols to work in china
XCSS is not as separate an entity as the news makes it look. if Kyulkyung wants to separate from Pledis, then ofc she stops talking to her XCSS, cause both companies are about 1 and the same. i don't mean to sound mean, but that's just smth that's been annoying me a bit when the news dropped and their was a bit of vagueness that can be misconstrued

I hope Somi can comeback soon too ;/ its been too long

I think Izone and pd48 did learn from these mistakes. aside from the scandal kind of putting a dent in some of the public opinion, they've been doing everything right so far. So i hope the girls from PD48 who have debuted/well debut soon (like Miyu in Mystic) and the Izone girls (after their izone contract is over) will have success

:hehe: Yeah part of why its good to analyze is to see what may happen to Izone and future survival show groups. I added all the sales figures i could by date so you can really see increase or decline.

thanks for clarifying Kyulkyung info as well.

MVSica

✨🐻Ujung🛰️✨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,653
I would like to add more info for non Chungha/WJSN if anyone would like to add slays and relevant things that the members or groups have done from 2019 to now please dm me or comment!

:heartpar:

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭256,350
I would like to add more info for non Chungha/WJSN if anyone would like to add slays and relevant things that the members or groups have done from 2019 to now please dm me or comment!

:heartpar:

About DIA : No updates about Somyi since her last VLive (who ended abruptly) and since her last IG post where she was complaining about her label. Then Ryu Sera in one of her video talked about rumours about the group coming back with some changes in the line-up. So I don't know if MBK will kick Somyi out of the group, I hope not, or will she ever return to the group 🤔
Eunice is being active with her YT channel with her members (without Somyi), so they are still around but I don't know if they are planning to comeback.

About gugudan : Another rumour is about Sally's participation in a survival show in China. She's not in YWY, we'll see with Produce Camp.

MVSica

✨🐻Ujung🛰️✨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,653

added to the op thanks!! :heartpar:

Top Bottom