Post your favorites quotes here! ?

Nieve

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭244,640
"I tell my students, 'when you get those jobs that you have been so brilliantly trained for, just remember that if you are free, you need to free somebody else. If you have some power, then your job is to empower somebody else.'"
Toni Morrison

“You can’t ever be really free if you admire somebody too much, I know.”
– Tove Jansson, (Snufkin, Tales From Moominvalley)

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
"If actions were always judged by their consequence, we'd spend half our lives making amends." - Luke Skywalker, Jedi Eclipse

"Lesson one from this experience: Realize how much you don't know. Lesson two: make sure to learn from lesson one." - Jacen Solo, Onslaught

Polaris_Tae

🚀🚩 Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭667,759
Everyday means Everyday
- Lan Wangji, Mo Dao Zu Shi

Coolness Points +500! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Important things must be said three times!
- The System, Scum Villain's Self-Saving System

果然还是披麻戴孝
- Wei Wuxian, Mo Dao Zu Shi

demasta

Stan 46G Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,041,369
“When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It’s when… they are forgotten.”

“Fools who don't respect the past are doomed to repeat it.”

“By experiencing both victory and defeat, running away and shedding tears, a man will become a man. It's okay to cry, but you have to move on.”

milkshrine

girl group stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭16,000
"But we all hurt in so many different ways, all the time, and the pain with either change or end. Death, on the other hand, is the final silence. And that might be coming quickly, now, without regard for whether I had ever spoken what needed to be said, or had only betrayed myself into small silences, while I planned someday to speak, or waited for someone else's words." ー Audre Lorde, The Transformation of Silence into Language and Action

“Lebedeva’s eyes shone. “Masha, listen to me. Cosmetics are an extension of the will. Why do you think all men paint themselves when they go to fight? When I paint my eyes to match my soup, it is not because I have nothing better to do than worry over trifles. It says, I belong here, and you will not deny me. When I streak my lips red as foxgloves, I say, Come here, male. I am your mate, and you will not deny me. When I pinch my cheeks and dust them with mother-of-pearl, I say, Death, keep off, I am your enemy, and you will not deny me. I say these things, and the world listens, Masha. Because my magic is as strong as an arm. I am never denied.”
― Catherynne M. Valente, Deathless

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
"I was raised to treat the janitor with the same respect as the CEO."

"Stand up for what is right. Even if it means standing alone."

"In a world where you can be anything, be kind."

"There is no safe investment. To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket—safe, dark, motionless, airless—it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. The alternative to tragedy, or at least to the risk of tragedy, is damnation. The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is Hell."

Last edited:
Top Bottom