Oh, I'm sorry, but nobody does evil the way I do! Fourth Place HoE
Reaction score
On a picnic with gasppepe eating nugget peepo
Plus Coins
⨭30,900
Pronouns
She/Her
Taxi Driver: 8.5/10
They switched writers around ep 11/12(?) and I wasn’t too crazy about the ending. Though, it wasn’t the worse ending I’ve seen :doge: I really enjoyed the rest of it and thought it was really fun! Though I would love to know how the original writer would have wanted it to end!

kimsguardian

🄳🄾🄾🅁🚪 Sixth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,013,470
Pronouns
He/Him
Nevertheless: 6/10

this is actually pretty simple love story but it's only the two of them who made it complicated by themselves. and once again, I don't get it why the jerks always get the girl at the end when obviously there's a really nice guy fall for her.

boo

*¨*•.¸¸ପଓ VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭294,005
Squid Game - 8/10

I like the characters and story but the games are a little too simple. It feels like the main character has too much plot armor. Any other person in his situation would've died long ago imo. Other than that, it's still a good show.

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
Squid Game - 8/10

I like the characters and story but the games are a little too simple. It feels like the main character has too much plot armor. Any other person in his situation would've died long ago imo. Other than that, it's still a good show.

I'm also here to rate Squid Game lol

I think 8/10 is fair. The concept was good, I enjoyed the characters and was rooting for Ali and Saebyeok from early on. However, I could predict a lot of the turns before they came. Boo's right about the plot armour - you watch this show knowing that Gihun will pull through even when it looks grim (e.g. EPISODE 3 SPOILER it's just so obvious that even though the umbrella shape is going to be hard, he'll be able to do it because he's the protagonist...). I didn't predict the biggest twist (no I accidentally spoiled it for myself rip). I'll probably watch the show again one day!

boo

*¨*•.¸¸ପଓ VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭294,005
I'm also here to rate Squid Game lol

I think 8/10 is fair. The concept was good, I enjoyed the characters and was rooting for Ali and Saebyeok from early on. However, I could predict a lot of the turns before they came. Boo's right about the plot armour - you watch this show knowing that Gihun will pull through even when it looks grim (e.g. EPISODE 3 SPOILER it's just so obvious that even though the umbrella shape is going to be hard, he'll be able to do it because he's the protagonist...). I didn't predict the biggest twist (no I accidentally spoiled it for myself rip). I'll probably watch the show again one day!
ALI :peepoblanket: I thought the way that game was solved was clever and I wished other games are like that. EP 7 SPOILER In the game where they had to guess the glasses, for some reason Gihun got lucky and someone stopped him from choosing the worst number so he end up with the best number - I was somewhat side-eying that. I still didn't understand how the squid game was played though lol. I also spoiled the twist for myself because I was suspicious in the beginning.

yerm

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
ALI :peepoblanket: I thought the way that game was solved was clever and I wished other games are like that. EP 7 SPOILER In the game where they had to guess the glasses, for some reason Gihun got lucky and someone stopped him from choosing the worst number so he end up with the best number - I was somewhat side-eying that. I still didn't understand how the squid game was played though lol. I also spoiled the twist for myself because I was suspicious in the beginning.

EP 7 SPOILER Ugh yes, talk about plot convenience. Man stands around thinking in his head until he has only two options, chooses the dumbest and worst one and STILL gets out of it. Gotta have those three mains stood right at the back so they live :wootonew:

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭793,900
I'd rate Squid Game at a 7/10. Most of the acting was great (except from the rich Americans, their lines were just downright cringe) but the show had some very predictable moments as well as some infuriating ones. Also agree that the plot armor was heavy in this one. Gihun had plot armor that would make him right at home in a Shonen anime.

• Haha
Reactions: boo

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭40,950
I'd give Squid game a solid 7 too, I liked it a lot, but it was a brain disengaged kinda watch lol...... The ending knocked a point off

I hope we get to see plenty more Jung Ho-yeon, she's awesome!

kimsguardian

🄳🄾🄾🅁🚪 Sixth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,013,470
Pronouns
He/Him
Tomorrow With You: 8.5/10
this series basically a k-drama version of 'The Time Traveler Wife'. even though there's a lot of plot hole but I'm being too biased with my favourite leads Shin Mina & Lee Jehoon :hehe:

Hometown Cha Cha Cha: 9/10
i love this kind of drama that involving a lot of people in the neighbourhood with their own problems as part of main story.

kimsguardian

🄳🄾🄾🅁🚪 Sixth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,013,470
Pronouns
He/Him
Hellbound: 6.5/10
why did they put the main antagonist in the middle of poster when he's gonna die soon lol~
there are too much unsolved mysteries, left me a lot of questions even though i like the dark vibes & its action scenes (esp. where min hyejin got srrounded by the arrowhead)

boo

*¨*•.¸¸ପଓ VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭294,005
Idol: The Coup - 9/10

I always loved a good drama about idols and the last drama I would really recommend was Dream High (the first one). It's been that long since I found a good one. Now I can recommend Idol: The Coup. The drama is sad but also heartwarming. The cast did really well considering a lot of them are idols. If I had to nitpick, it's just that there are dramas every episode, Minkyu's acting is okay and Hani's crying scenes needs a little work. But Hani did great as a main character in this drama considering she didn't have a lot of experience. I am very glad I checked out this drama! I love the music as well. I can tell the production team and the writer put a lot of effort to create this drama.

Last edited:

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭162,100
3.5th Period : 8/10

It's a web movie, so don't expect too much. It starts like a classic high school drama : the main female character being alone, the bullies, 2-3 guys who are among the main casts, you'll expect a romance, etc.

Unless you watched the teaser or read the plot, you'll be surprised. The movie turns into a more mysterious, supernatural, fantasy genre with obviously some shady or questionable stuffs behind so it's get more interesting from this moment til the end.
The movie doesn't go deeper trying to explain the mystery, some people would need an answer, others will claim it's not important. It's up to you.

Acting isn't the best of course even if I know little about acting. Because all the main roles were taken by rookie actors. It was Zoa's (Cho Hyewon, from Weeekly) very first acting role, same for Kim Woojin (ex-Stray Kids), while Im Ji Sub debuted in 2019. The support or secondary roles were played by more experienced people and it shows.

The OST Timeless, sung by Kim Woojin, is really nice.

I tried to watch the movie because Zoa's was the main role but it was worth it, I liked it very much. Don't expect too much about the movie, enjoy.

Last edited:

kimsguardian

🄳🄾🄾🅁🚪 Sixth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,013,470
Pronouns
He/Him
Our Beloved Summer: 8.5/10
i had no expectation watching this drama especially it's just light rom-com drama, but then they bring us up and down with Ung-Yeonsu relationship starting from high school, the reason why they ended up sitting next to each other, falling in love, being in a relationship in college until they broke up that hurt both of them badly, and finally they can meet again after 5 years. every character's development in this drama is quite good with each of the problems they have slowly being solved in a couple of last episodes. so glad finally this drama has a happy ending. the cinematography, the ost of this drama is extremely remarkable, especially the chemistry of both main actors are amazing, and because of it now i have a new favorite actress to follow. :hehe:
now i can't wait to see them both back in the same project again this drama (maybe the witch part.2) but dami said she'll be taking a break this year so i guess we'll have to wait til next year :HidePar:

OutroTearTheFirst

Oh, I'm sorry, but nobody does evil the way I do! Fourth Place HoE
Reaction score
On a picnic with gasppepe eating nugget peepo
Plus Coins
⨭30,900
Pronouns
She/Her
The Red Sleeve: 9/10

Honesty, I don’t really care for historical dramas too much. I’ve tried some before but I’ve only finished Kingdom, tho it had zombies so does it really count? hgvsjd

The Red Sleeve was the first “traditional” historical drama I’ve watched from start to finish. Even my mom, who also doesn’t care for historical dramas, liked it. I was instantly hooked and binge watched most of the series in just a few days, which is pretty rare for me lol. It was really nicely made and the acting was great.

It was so nice to see Lee Se Young again! This is now the second drama she’s in that I absolutely adore (the other being Kairos)! Junho did a phenomenal job as well. I’ve heard he was a good actor, but this was the first time I’ve seen him in action. He did not disappoint!

I thought the ending was good, too. I am usually disappointed with the way kdramas are wrapped up, but I think it was very beautifully done. I laughed with these characters, I cried with these characters. All around a really great drama with great writing. Who would’ve thought a historical drama would end up being one of my highest rated dramas:poggers:?

kimsguardian

🄳🄾🄾🅁🚪 Sixth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,013,470
Pronouns
He/Him
All Of Us Are Dead : 6/10
idk but maybe it's me who had too much expectation for this series. i like the zombies but not the characters and storyline. i meant, who wants to touch an experiment rat (who knows what kind of experiments they gave for it) like you has nothing else to do and how come your teacher turns into some psycho terrorist who developed that scary virus in the school. too many simple problems that can be solved easily but these kids made it hard, i know maybe the writer wants to take it from high schoolers' pov but still. anyway, there are a lot of plotholes in drama but the zombies make it worth watching.
overall i like this slightly better than happiness bcs maybe that drama wasn't a zombie drama :sip:

I'm hoping there's season 2 soon for this series~

Last edited:

kimsguardian

🄳🄾🄾🅁🚪 Sixth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,013,470
Pronouns
He/Him
School 2021: 7/10
honestly watched this series only bcs of our cutie yihyun :hehe:
turns out it's not bad series at all, well yeah it's typically high schoolers series with their problems versus high school foundation and its corruption. but it's nice tho seeing those students fighting for their future and keeping their schools from being shutting down.

yerm

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
Juvenile Justice - 9/10

I'm obsessed with this show, I'm absolutely gonna rewatch soon!

a32a40892fa2b7b2034f7b6d929c5138d053626d.gifv
92a87735fb56535c71f3fcd95cc3e85d2d2042a2.gifv

Shim Eunseok is the BADDEST bitch in town. Name anyone more dedicated to her job than this woman.

The cases in this legal drama are based on real recent Korean crimes. I love this genre and I learned a lot about the Korean legal system, specifically focusing on juvenile courts. Someone find me a show like this one that I can watch next.

kimsguardian

🄳🄾🄾🅁🚪 Sixth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,013,470
Pronouns
He/Him
Rookie Cops: 7/10
nice drama about friendship & of course the integrity of policemen right when they have trust issues with those copse in south korea atm. yeah it makes no sense that the police academy student has to be the one who reveals how broke the police system. too bad they had to kill one of the main characters, the one who brings the team together :sejeongcry:

Top Bottom