Results of One Piece's 1st global popularity poll + Over 12 million votes!

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,483,925

overall.png

zIzLfeb.png

7C2Swl5.png

33j8xKl.png

29qEKrr.png

QAWf5j7.png

FawaT48.png

results by continent can be seen here

some notes
  • Zoro is almost as popular as Luffy
  • Despite being new characters both Yamato and Carrot ranke pretty high
  • This is the first time that Chopper doesn't make it to the top 10 of a popularity poll
  • Name beat Sanji

Message from Eiichiro Oda:

WORLD TOP 100!
Usually, this character ranking poll is only done in Japan, but by opening it up to the world through the internet, I was able to see in real time a glimpse of which characters are popular in different regions of the world and some characters went up in the rankings since the midterm results, so it was truly entertaining.

I heard that there seemed to be some movements online organized by fans to come together to cast votes for unexpected characters. That didn't get past the production team (laugh). It's amazing how different the preferences towards these characters are all over the world and it was so fun seeing how it went down for Robin and Carrot.

As I promised, I'll be creating a cool piece with the characters who ranked in the top 50 plus some others so please look forward to it. Thank you so much to all the ONE PIECE fans all over the world for casting so many votes!

MedicationHelps87

Bi Racial Ruler Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,500,501
Pronouns
He/Him
Wow that's amazing! I liked the anime as a teen in high school.
But I haven't kept up with it since then.

Oda was pleased. Lovely to see!

And a lot of the western world likes anime and manga.
It feels silly to just limit it to the country of creation imo
In this day and age.

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,483,925
Wow that's amazing! I liked the anime as a teen in high school.
But I haven't kept up with it since then.

Oda was pleased. Lovely to see!
in general lines, ever since the Timeskip the Manga has been better than the Anime

the Anime is pretty good until around the Time skip, i think the later arcs have too much filler, but they are not bad (just ok)
on the other hand the current arc of Wano is pretty good, mostly because they increased the budget of the studio

And a lot of the western world likes anime and manga.
It feels silly to just limit it to the country of creation imo
In this day and age.
i agree!

the previous popularity poll that was Japan-only barely got a total of 80,000 votes, the global poll got 12 millions!

Last edited:

MedicationHelps87

Bi Racial Ruler Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,500,501
Pronouns
He/Him
in general lines, ever since the Timeskip the Manga has been better than the Anime

the Anime is pretty good until around the Time skip, i think the later arcs have too much filler, but they are not bad (just ok)
on the other hand the current arc of Wano is pretty good, mostly because they increased the budget of the studio

i agree!

the previous popularity poll that was Japan-only barely got a total of 80,000 votes, the global poll got 12 millions!
Isn't a manga always mostly better since it's the original source material?

Yes and that's a poor showing given there is a lot of anime fans in Japan I hope. But then again they see otaku as negative unlike the west.

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,483,925
Isn't a manga always mostly better since it's the original source material?
most of the time!

but for example the 2011 Anime of Hunter x Hunter is regarded as being the better version, i guess it depends of the studio

Yes and that's a poor showing given there is a lot of anime fans in Japan I hope. But then again they see otaku as negative unlike the west.
about that, i think that isn't exclusive to Japan,

now i rarely watch Anime but i still like to visit some sites to check if there is any new interesting release,
but even on Anime specific sites people are still calling each others weebs, pedos, etc

...so:doge:

Last edited:

MedicationHelps87

Bi Racial Ruler Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,500,501
Pronouns
He/Him
most of the time!

but for example the 2011 Anime of Hunter x Hunter is regarded as being the better version, i guess it depends of the studio

about that, i think that isn't exclusive to Japan,

now i rarely watch Anime but i still like to visit some sites to check if there is any new interesting release,
but even on Anime specific sites people are still calling each others weebs, pedos, etc

...so:doge:
Ah true. It's a lack of understanding of what it boils down to anyways.

Hunter x hunter never seen it.

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,483,925
Ah true. It's a lack of understanding of what it boils down to anyways.

Hunter x hunter never seen it.
the 2011 remake of Hunter x Hunter is without exaggeration one of the best Anime adaptations ever done, it helps a lot that the Manga is amazing too

HxH along Full Metal Alchemist Botherhood are considered to be the peak of "Shonen" Anime, if you have spare time you definitely should give it a try!

Top Bottom