Russian singer ‘stuck on Produce Camp 2021 for three months’ despite begging viewers to send him home

Astro

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,630,200

A Russian singer has celebrated being eliminated from a Chinese version of X Factor – after entering the show by accident and remaining ‘trapped’ there ever since.

Vladislav Ivanov, 27, has been on Produce Camp 2021, a show searching for a new boyband, over the past three months – winning the public over by not wanting to be there.

Originally joining the show’s team as a Chinese teacher, Ivanov was encouraged by producers to become a contestant because of his ‘good looks’.

However, once he signed a contract, he was honour-bound to complete his time on the show and would be in breach if he simply left.

So, rather than have to pay a steep fine, Ivanov made a bid to have viewers turn against him, singing half-heartedly, rapping and begging those at home to let him leave.

At one point, he literally told those watching: ‘Don’t love me. You’ll get no results.’

SEI_76511307.jpg

In another interview, Ivanov – who performed under the name Lelush – said: ‘Becoming a member of a boy band is not my dream as I can’t sing and dance.

‘I hope the judges won’t support me. While the others want to get an A, I want to get an F as it stands for freedom.’

SEI_76511306.jpg

But that only seemed to spur on fans of the series, who enjoyed his suffering and attitude so much they voted him through all the way to the finals.

Turning into a series anti-hero, his pleas to leave fell on deaf ears before they finally let him go.

Celebrating his loss on Weibo, he joked he was ‘finally off work’.

If he was one of the 11 people to win, he would have been contractually obligated to become a member of a new boyband.

Source

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭793,900
How does a man in his late 20s "accidentally" join a show like that? Seems a bit sus. He could really have just been 5heading it by asking to go back only to get even more votes.

Last edited:

Astro

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,630,200
How does a man in his late 20s "accidentally" join a show like that? Seems a bit sus. He could really have just been 5heading it by asking to go back only to get even more votes.
Plus he’s a Chinese teacher so he could read the contract

I think there was an unfortunate miscommunication but at least he didn’t make it to the final group

Top Bottom