⨭1,729,600
luQ0QeK.jpg

Anyone else watching it?

fromisSakura

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl VIP+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,729,600
Okay this drama so far exceed my expectation.

I like how in the first few episodes, they talk about player's power. Player's power exist in real life, in famous and successful clubs too. This player's power have gotten a few world-class managers to be sacked too due to loss of control of the dressing room. A good manager/coach need to take proper control by not letting any players think that they are stronger than the club. Lim Dong-gyu tried using his power and I am glad that the new general manager [Seung-soo] got rid of him. Letting him stay will just destroy the team even more. The 2 for 2 trade offer is genious.

Ep 3-4 in spoiler:

Scouting. Scouting is very important. A good scout can help you locate players who can be future stars. They have the know-it-all of knowing what to spot. I like that Yang Won-seop will be the new scout manager. He have passion and are really detailed with his analysising. Se-hyeok might have command respect during his time as the scouting manager but his corruption make it necessary to get rid of him. Yes, he might be a franchise star in his days but his corruption ruined everything for him. Trust are very important but he break it. There will always be the question of will he continue accepting bribes if they let him stay on. Thus, he have to be sacked.

Okay the end of the latest episode, we see the GM with the Operation team finding overseas to check out a player aka Miles. The agent is sneaky but smart. With his tactic, he managed to drive up the price for Miles. I am really interested to see how Seung-soo and the operation team deal with it. Will they give in and just accept the price or will they walk away from the deal and seek another player? For me, it all come up to how much the player can offer them in term of playing years + his medical record + do have he have personal problems. Weight it up against his asking price. I can't wait for next week to come to see how they will deal with this.

Also I am curious to see what actions will the nephew of the owner do. Will he wait and see whether Seung Soo can make him his mind?

Last edited:

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,729,600
Just watched Ep 5. I think they got a better player than Miles. But the reporter asking that question at the end. I am really curious to see how they answer her

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,729,600
Just watched Ep 6.

The former scout head further trying to disgrace himself by trying to backstab Dreams. The deputy head helping him too...Sigh. Have some moral values dude, your former head are rightfully sacked and yet you are still supporting him?

And the salaries cut. The general manager is going to have a hard trying to appease all the staffs. Let's see how he overcome it

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,729,600
Just finished Ep 7. Woah, the former scouting head and the nephew of the owner are really snakes. Seem like the salaries negotiation might last a few episodes

soozie

✴︎ Events
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭97,933
Just started this drama and I really enjoyed it so far, I kinda learned a bit about baseball too. :shablob:

Somehow I feel like Nam Goong Min’s role in this series is a lot similar to his previous roles in other dramas, like he always play character who does unexpected things and surprises everyone around him lol.

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,729,600
Just started this drama and I really enjoyed it so far, I kinda learned a bit about baseball too. :shablob:

Somehow I feel like Nam Goong Min’s role in this series is a lot similar to his previous roles in other dramas, like he always play character who does unexpected things and surprises everyone around him lol.

Like his character in Doctor Prisoner. They both give off the same aura

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,729,600
This week's episodes went the way I expected. The sacking..etc Glad that he is now back but I don't like the term of the new contract for the general manager. But somehow I feel that he have a bigger plan in mind, a plan that will let him void the new contract he signed, and go on to manage Dreams for the opening season

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,729,600
Episode 10 is so good. I understand both sides point of view [Players & the coaches]. But thankfully the issue is solved in the end.

I have a feeling that soon Acting Club Owner Kwon Kyung-Min might end up listening to general manager Baek Seung-Soo and ask for some help/alliance.

Time to take a short break before I watch Episode 11 in a while.

soozie

✴︎ Events
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭97,933
I'm finally caught up!!

I feel kinda bad for the club owner, the guy is obviously going through a lot too. I wonder if he'll start working with Baek manager soon, or will he stay as the main antagonist for the rest of the series... :wherearethelies:

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,729,600
I'm finally caught up!!

I feel kinda bad for the club owner, the guy is obviously going through a lot too. I wonder if he'll start working with Baek manager soon, or will he stay as the main antagonist for the rest of the series... :wherearethelies:

I have a feeling that he will work with manager Baek soon. I think deep down, he might actually like baseball especially when he recalled his childhood? His cousin is such a bully and I think that there is a reason why they let manager Baek see the acting club owner picking up the item on the floor for his cousin (with the acting club owner knowing that manager Baek saw him). I can't wait for this week episodes

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,729,600
Just completed episode 12. It's nice to see Dreams slowly really coming together as a team. The ending though..wow. Can't wait to see what will happen next when I watch episode 13 in a few hours time

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,729,600
Episode 13 take my breath away. We finally learn what General manager Baek Seung Soo told Lim Dong Gyu. And seem like Lim Dong Gyu gonna rejoin Dreams. Having him and Kang Du-Ki in the same team will be amazing. Can't believe that we only have 3 episodes left.

soozie

✴︎ Events
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭97,933
i finished episode 14 and the ending just got me like... what???? :wut:
I honestly love the storyline with Lim Dong Gyu, and they’re all so cute and welcoming when he came back. But, the whole plot with the head coach and the trade at the end is a bit tiring. I hope they’ll resolve it soon, cause I’m just tired with the club owner and his drama at this point lol

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,729,600
Okay I just completed episode 14. Woah, I didn't expect the trade at the end. General manager Baek Seung Soo look super angry too. I hope that Dreams can somehow get Kang Du-Ki back

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,729,600
Episode 15 is great too! Glad that the trade deal got cancelled in the end. The ending of the latest episode woah. Can't believe that the drama is coming to an end and we are left with 1 final episode. Honestly one of the best drama I watched in years

fromisSakura

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,729,600
I can't believe the drama ended. Honestly the best sport drama I ever watched. They explore every issues possible. Sad that Baek Seung Soo didn't get to stay on in the end. But I am glad that at least Kwon Kyung-Min and him sort out their differences. And it seem like that they will be working at a different sport club. If so, I need a season 2!

Top Bottom