Selina Jen cries while recalling the time when she was called a "roasted pig"

Lightning

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,825
Nine years ago, Taiwanese singer-actress Selina Jen suffered third-degree burns on 50 percent of her body when an accident happened during filming. The actress returned to work a year later, after spending most of her time recuperating. Since then, she has not shied away from talking about the accident and her recovery journey, spreading hope to those who are in a similar situation.

On a recent episode of the talk show The Egg, which she hosts, Selina shared that she still receives nasty comments from netizens about her body.

“There are still people who’d leave comments calling me a roasted pig”, she said as she broke down in tears. Many of those in the audience could not help but to express their disbelief at the callousness of these netizens.

Selina then continued, sharing that while it was true that she had been burnt badly in the accident, and that she “really did gain weight, and resembled a pig”, the comments really hurt her.

She also took the opportunity to share some advice with the internet celebrities that had been invited to guest on that particular episode, saying, “You will definitely face similar things as well. It’s been 20 years since my debut, and it's likely that you'll encounter similar incidents too. The next time you’re scolded by such haters, just know that you’re not alone, because Selina faced the same things as well”.

This is so sad to read and it shocks me that people can be so callous but it's also incredible that Selina made a comeback, is still achieving success and facing the world with her head held high. Sharing her experience must be difficult but it is going to help others so much.

grainy

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
Selina is the bravest D: As you said, people are incredibly callous.

hess

SNSD ♡ S.H.E ♡ IOI Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,860
Downright disgusting

Top Bottom