Should a black or east asian actor play Flynn Rider in the upcoming Tangled live action remake?

Thomas11

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭573,100
Should a black or east asian actor play Flynn Rider (ya know because of the importance of representation and diversity)?

Saint Ren

So Iconic - User OT Month 4 April , May AND June
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,176,025
yeah why not? As long as he remains hot , I will happily watch.

Flynn was the only reason I got through tangled :fab:

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
No. What is the point of representation when it's forced and most of the time just generates negative backlash. It's pandering and counter productive.

Did the Little Mermaid do anything but piss people off, create division and make a lot of the black community feel 'talked down to' rather than represented?

Why not create new black, Asian and other POC characters rather than just lazily turn already established characters black? Look at John Stewart....just a lazy crap result of people at DC having a conversation about needing more black heroes so they just create a new Lantern....but what did that do? Nothing really.
He failed to catch a spark and less than a decade later every run or story is pretty much Hal Jordan again....so it doesn't really do much...it's better to create and push fresh, much loved characters from the get go rather than turning existing heroes black....I mean what's a more iconic character, when Micheal B Jordan played a black version of the Human Torch or when he played Killmonger? One a race swap and he other a much loved original character who was always black.

Why push for a hand me down black Flynn when they should be making new characters or giving us live action Tiana.

Thomas11

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭573,100
No. What is the point of representation when it's forced and most of the time just generates negative backlash. It's pandering and counter productive.

Did the Little Mermaid do anything but piss people off, create division and make a lot of the black community feel 'talked down to' rather than represented?

Why not create new black, Asian and other POC characters rather than just lazily turn already established characters black? Look at John Stewart....just a lazy crap result of people at DC having a conversation about needing more black heroes so they just create a new Lantern....but what did that do? Nothing really.
He failed to catch a spark and less than a decade later every run or story is pretty much Hal Jordan again....so it doesn't really do much...it's better to create and push fresh, much loved characters from the get go rather than turning existing heroes black....I mean what's a more iconic character, when Micheal B Jordan played a black version of the Human Torch or when he played Killmonger? One a race swap and he other a much loved original character who was always black.

Why push for a hand me down black Flynn when they should be making new characters or giving us live action Tiana.

But like a live-action version of Tangled is a movie that is (basically) guaranteed to be far reaching since the animated version is well known. That's why representation would be more important in that movie than in a brand new franchise rooted in non-whiteness that might fail to connect with large audiences.

Saint Ren

So Iconic - User OT Month 4 April , May AND June
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,176,025
What race do you think Flynn Rider should be in the live-action version of Tangled?

I don't care about his race, as long as the actor is hot. I'd give up my kidney to see Michael B Jordan in that role but it's never happening, so my only requirement is a fit bloke.

Thomas11

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭573,100
Why are they making a live-action Tangled. Who asked for this

I guess consumers asked for it honestly, because the other Disney princess live action remakes did well commercially, so Disney's going to keep going because they'e money-hungry and it's kind of sad.

Top Bottom