[Showcase Submission] Social Media - Under the Night Sky

Chiharu

The Worst Girl in the World Events VIP+ Tenth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,048,132
(I suggest listening to this song while reading. It was my inspiration for the story)

"Kei, look!"

Startled, Kei is jerked out of his slumber by a rough shake of his shoulder. Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he rolls onto his side, the evening dew cool against his skin, only to find Chiharu's face mere inches away from his. He wants to be annoyed at her for waking him, but when he sees the large grin on her face and the flush of her cheeks, his irritation quickly fades away, replaced by a comfortable warmth in the pit of his stomach.

"Look!" Chiharu exclaims once again upon seeing that she has his attention. She points at the sky, and he forces himself to break his gaze away from her. Following the direction of her finger, he sees what has her so excited. He must have been asleep for quite some time. Night has fallen, and the sky has become awash with stars.

Chiharu lets out a wistful sigh and reaches out to grasp his hand in hers, interlocking their fingers. "Isn't it beautiful?" Her voice is barely above a whisper, as though speaking any louder would shatter the image above them.

Yes, it truly was a beautiful sight. The deep blue night sky mixed with streaks of purple and gold, and twinkled with what must have been thousands of stars. It was unlike the hazy night sky he was used to seeing back home in the city.

But the stars, he thinks, are nothing compared to Haru's beauty. The way her eyes lit up when she was happy, the way her smiles were always large and unabashed, the way her laugh tinkled like a bell. Yes, everything about Haru shined brighter than the stars could ever hope to.

But Kei doesn't say any of that. Instead, he squeezes her hand back and lets himself be content in this moment, laying on a patch of wet grass, side by side with Chiharu, gazing up at the stars.

Chomiczewska

Hamster First Place HoE Chomi
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,439,849
There is no need to be flexing your relationship goals on the public forum Haru :JudgyDubu:
It was a cute short story :blushblob:

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
Is Haru writing about herself :blushblob: This is short and sweet. Nice job, Haru!

Bobo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,100
writting queen
1243.jpg

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,500
The song was a nice touch; the story was short but sweet and it encapsulated everything that painted the picture well. Super soft. :heartublob:

Bellamy

Be strong, be brave〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭29,760,514
Pronouns
She/Her
The song is really perfect for the story. Wow, your romantic side is adorable :hehe:
Who is the y/n , you or Kei?:poggers:

Chiharu

The Worst Girl in the World Events VIP+ Tenth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,048,132
The song is really perfect for the story. Wow, your romantic side is adorable :hehe:
Who is the y/n , you or Kei?:poggers:
What a sweet and well-written short story!
Is Chiharu from some franchise or is it a self insert?
Both Kei and Chiharu are original characters from a novel I'm working on :lurk1: I just named Chiharu after myself because I like the name and couldn't think of a better one

Top Bottom