SJJ48 (Seijika Joshi 48) announced, lead by ex HKT48 member Mao Yamamoto and actress Ayaka Otsu

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
2b69da29c4a98a0cf3eaf.jpg

...so they aren't an actual idol group but a political party "Seijika Joshi 48 To" translates to "Party Politician Girls 48"), long story short seems the "NHK party" collapsed and what was left of them decided to merge with this other party, their political goal is to defunct "NHK" (Japan's version of the BBC)

their president is actress Ayaka Otsu and their candidate for the next elections is going to be ex HKT member Mao Yamamoto

kinda strange but i guess having former idols running as politicians is a "as expected from Japan" moment?

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
I like NHK so honestly I hope that they flop.
i believe NHK is Japan's largest TV network so sounds pretty optimistic from their part

worth mention that while in the west there is an idea (mostly on tv and such) of people bothering you by knocking on your door and asking if "you have a moment to talk about the lord and savior" in Japan the stereotype is of a NHK guy knocking on your door and asking if you are willing to donate to the NHK (since just like the BBC they are funded by public donations)

in some cases it can get pretty nasty

Top Bottom