exercise, drink water, sleep

edit: eat your veggies, cut on junk food and sodas
just eat healthy and live healthy lol

BlessMeAchoo

Excuse My Charisma
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭201,500
The best way to make sure you don't gain weight is keeping watch over how many calories you eat. You should calculate your tdee (the number of calories you burn in a day). Then if you want to lose weight lower your calorie intake under your tdee and you'll lose weight. As long as your burn more calories than you consume you'll lose weight. The best and most healthy way to maintain a lower weight is not doing any extreme diets. If you lower your intake gradually or only eat under your tdee by small amounts you'll stay thinner and healthier in the long run. Just be careful not to get too hung up over numbers though and try not to be too hard on yourself. As someone who suffers from an eating disorder I know first hand what it feels like to become unhealthily obsessed with weight, so please stay safe :hearteu:

Also, I'd just like to add that exercising actually doesn't contribute much to weight loss at all because most exercises dont burn a considerable number of calories. The best exercises to burn calories are aerobic ones. I'd recommend doing HIIT (high intensity interval training) workouts if you want to burn more calories, you can find some good ones on Youtube. However, exercise is still obviously good for your health so you should still make sure to do a range of exercises. Plus it keeps you well toned which can actually make you appear slimmer.

noname_jane

quod nomen tibi est? Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭780
The best way to make sure you don't gain weight is keeping watch over how many calories you eat. You should calculate your tdee (the number of calories you burn in a day). Then if you want to lose weight lower your calorie intake under your tdee and you'll lose weight. As long as your burn more calories than you consume you'll lose weight. The best and most healthy way to maintain a lower weight is not doing any extreme diets. If you lower your intake gradually or only eat under your tdee by small amounts you'll stay thinner and healthier in the long run. Just be careful not to get too hung up over numbers though and try not to be too hard on yourself. As someone who suffers from an eating disorder I know first hand what it feels like to become unhealthily obsessed with weight, so please stay safe :hearteu:

Also, I'd just like to add that exercising actually doesn't contribute much to weight loss at all because most exercises dont burn a considerable number of calories. The best exercises to burn calories are aerobic ones. I'd recommend doing HIIT (high intensity interval training) workouts if you want to burn more calories, you can find some good ones on Youtube. However, exercise is still obviously good for your health so you should still make sure to do a range of exercises. Plus it keeps you well toned which can actually make you appear slimmer.
Thanks for the essay but honestly I was expecting something like black magic or a magical plant that makes you lose all the calories at the end of the day; guess y'all don't want to reveal your true secrets :wae:

Katzi

BTS are the Korean Beatles Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭620
My mom is a nutritionist, genetics, work makes me walk around and go up/down stairs a lot to the point my feet hurt

I'm not model skinny though just on the right weight for my height without much effort

Carnation

Lovely as paradise and dumb as a rabbit Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭22,310
5:2 diet works for me. It's so easy too, i really recommend it.

spo

Girl Group Supremacist Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,475
Pronouns
she/her
diet is more important than exercise, but the truth of the matter is that you lose weight when you exert more calories than you consume. If you want to be skinnier, eat less. That's literally it. If you want to actually be healthy, it's a wee bit more complicated (and actually requires regular exercise and a well-balanced diet).

Bom

夢を諦めないで Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭97,680
Eat less calories than you would to maintain your weight. I eat around 900 calories a day and now I've been doing it a few months I find it hard to eat a lot. I also exercise at least 2 hours a day 5 days a week.

I will say though this is by no means a healthy way to lose weight. I have found myself having struggles with my weight and relationship with food since doing this, so I don't really recommend it unless it's for the short term.

foo

serial hopper Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭41,760
being a poor college student definitely helps with dieting ?

KinkySanta

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭307,940
I tend to be very active. Almost constantly moving. I used to do a lot of strength training, but I've switched to cardio (wanna pick up weights again though) I only eat two meals a day with light snacking in between on fruits and veggies. I drink a lot of coffee which boosts metabolism and drink 12 cups of water a day

Top Bottom