SM is being Scammed!!!

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
....by whoever writes their english lyrics!!
I have conducted an exhaustive, official, and completely unbiased survey of the English within SM group's songs and I have uncovered a horrifying truth....... SM is being abused by a con artist.

Let's take a walk through history, going back to ye olden days of 2008. Purple Line by TVXQ/DBSK is released and a single, English line shocks the entire world..... "I really wanna touch myself"........... What a choice.

The same year, another boy group debuts from SM, a five member group called Shinee, that quickly grabs the attention and hearts of people worldwide. But these glittering boys of talent are held hostage by a horrible monster, a demon lurking in the night that whispers to you........"Hey, little shawty"..... Not once, not twice, but constantly this terrifying creature whispers this to you, amidst beautiful harmonies and funky instrumentals, reminding you to always be afraid......

But this is in the past you say? The criminal has been found and moved off to music prison for the crimes commited against these great artists?

WRONG!!!

10 years in the future new groups have risen to fame and fortune, yet the vile scammer remains attached to them, an eerie shadow haunting their steps......
Red Velvet drops one of the best songs of the year in 2018 with Bad Boy with the perfectly fitting, revolutionary, and (dare I say it) ICONIC intro of "who dat who dat who dat boy?" This song is a hit, especially among international fans, and so an english version is released to a warm reception..... Except! For a familiar smear of cringe, a masterpiece stained by a single word...... "Is"
The intro is already amazing (and in English) so why change it? Why disfigure something so beautiful? Truly the act of a villain.......

Finally, we come to our last victims, the expansive unit collectively know as NCT. Great songs all around, spearheaded by a Boss of a song that utilizes English well imo...... And with the 127 unit international success they also released an english version of a song Regular that also has a korean version and a mandarin version (for WayV). The examples in this single release are multiple but the spoiled cherry on top is a single line of questionable origin and intent givin to Winwin.... "She goen bust it bust it bust it, for a real one"...........maybe he doesn't deserve lines after all......
But this chronic illness isn't limited to korean releases, it spreads to their japanese ones as well...... As perhaps the worst, most cringey intro ever is tacked onto a recent(ish) release of Wakey....
"You know what I'm talking about baby, wake up right now, you gotta Wakey"...... Maybe johnny also doesn't deserve lines.......

But wait! There are good English lyrics you argue, after all Bad Boy also has the wonderful "I know how to make the devil cry" line, and you would be correct! But that strengthens the results of my academically sound experiment, the same person changed who dat boy to who dat is, an act only justified by the presence of a maniacal criminal.

And So, I have come to the conclusion, that SM is being victimized by a serial criminal (perhaps several), a serial criminal who has faked their experience and to this day works to undermine the achievments and success of SM groups through poorly written lyrics😭😭.

Bobo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,100
Ok but the scammer did a great job with rbb english version
"KICKING IT WITH MY GIRLS THIS PARTY
SIPPIN' ON MILK AND CHOCOLATE SUNDAE"
peepoJam.gif

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
Ok but the scammer did a great job with rbb english version
"KICKING IT WITH MY GIRLS THIS PARTY
SIPPIN' ON MILK AND CHOCOLATE SUNDAE"
peepoJam.gif
Exactly! which is why I'm sure its a con artist, in order for good lyrics atleast one other song must be sacrificed.

soozie

✴︎ Events Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭88,633
the bad english is what makes it fun lol, maybe SM purposely makes it like that to get people talking :wesmart:

Xiuxiuminnie

Resident ElsaSoondingie
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,506,479
I was only kidding😢😭😭, some times I wonder if Johnny has nightmares about his intro......

@Astro there was so much content, I had to trim it down😂😭 a valuable inclusion.
Wakey's intro wasn't even the problem - the song itself was/is. :pepesanta: If they kept the tone of the intro, it'd have been gucci. It reminded me of 80's/90's slow jams (Like Feenin). Like keep that feeling, SM, pls.

miatheikonic

✶ Zactheik💍nic ✶ VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭200
I was only kidding😢😭😭, some times I wonder if Johnny has nightmares about his intro......

@Astro there was so much content, I had to trim it down😂😭 a valuable inclusion.
I know dw lmao just hits as I am Winwin stan :jinjudge:

But anyways I fully agree with you! I think only english release I really don't find cringy is Highway To Heaven

Xiuxiuminnie

Resident ElsaSoondingie
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,506,479
I think people's issue with Wakey (in terms of Johnny) isn't the intro, it's the fake hair they put on him. He looked more fitting for a Guns N Rose's MV from the 80's/90's than a Kpop MV.

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
I think people's issue with Wakey (in terms of Johnny) isn't the intro, it's the fake hair they put on him. He looked more fitting for a Guns N Rose's MV from the 80's/90's than a Kpop MV.
Right?!?! I love long hair on men, but that wig was not it.

@miatheikonic no contest that highway to heaven is the best, one of the few songs where I always hear the english version in my head.

Xiuxiuminnie

Resident ElsaSoondingie
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,506,479
Right?!?! I love long hair on men, but that wig was not it.

@miatheikonic no contest that highway to heaven is the best, one of the few songs where I always hear the english version in my head.
Another Long-Hair-On-Men enthusiast (specifically to Kpop/Jpop/Cpop in my case).
SM is scamming themselves. They keep hiring questionable English lyricists. :TzuyuKek: They have the money to hire better, yet they don't. What gives, SM? Don't y'all like money!??

Highway to Heaven is great.
Thank you for reminding about the English version of Bad Boy. I hate it.

Lemon Detox

🥚🐣🐥🐤🦅 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭82,525
The examples in this single release are multiple but the spoiled cherry on top is a single line of questionable origin and intent givin to Winwin.... "She goen bust it bust it bust it, for a real one"...........maybe he doesn't deserve lines after all......
Stream Moonwalk 100 times or go to jail

Top Bottom