ANNOUNCEMENT SM Team Christmas Writing Contest - Announcement of Winners!

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
16663.png

Hello, everyone!
Three weeks ago, we asked you all to participate in

Social Media Team's first-ever writing contest!

We were very surprised by the quality of writing from the submissions we received
And we'd like to share them all with you!

We asked the participants to submit ANY Christmas-themed writing but they cannot go over 1,000 words.
Then, all entries were anonymously submitted to three judges representing each division of Social Media Team:

Review/Editorials: @BlueNose
Proofreading: @rosie
SNS: @yooamygirls

None of them knew who the other judges were.
Each of them had their own criteria for judging based on their specialization
The host, @meltrosz, judged all entries based on all three fields.
Then, we picked the three entries with the highest average of scores to win the contest!
The entry with the highest average also received a special banner on their writing, courtesy of our GFX co-lead @Rinoa!

In FOUR HOURS, we will be announcing all the winners and participants on this thread.
All winners starting from the third place will also be featured
on our Twitter account!
So, watch this thread to see who will be the lucky winners
And please give their submissions a read!

sexy cutie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
IT'S TIME TO FINALLY ANNOUNCE THE WINNERS!

Before everything, we'd like to thank everyone who participated in this event:
To everyone who submitted their entries, this event will not be possible without you :heartpar:

We'd also like to thank the judges for this event: @rosie @BlueNose and @yooamygirls who took the time from their busy Christmas schedule to judge in this event!

We'd also like to thank @Rinoa who completed the gfx for the winner's banner with just a few days notice

AND NOW, WITHOUT FURTHER ADO....

sexy cutie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
4th Place

Judges' Comments:

Review/Editorials:

could've been cleaner in describing, in the sense that I understand your points, but they could be better stated

Proofreading:

Great use of vocabulary to convey the purpose of the text. More specific vocabulary could be used to better describe some song elements and its effect on the listener. Some sentences could be better expressed (i.e. He hopes for a moment to happen in which he will next to her on the bus so that he can reveal his feelings).

SNS:

It's a pretty well fleshed out review. I like how it combines a more technical aspect of the song while also including more personal anecdotes. It is also very fitting for the season!

Host
Wrong use of verb tenses, vocabulary, punctuation marks, etc. Some sentences make no sense and better to have been omitted since it does not give the reader any new or interesting information. Some sentences are missing words to complete the sentence. Lacks information on why the author loved some parts. Missing articles "a/the". Nevertheless, the author was able to capture the song's intention, albeit being too descriptive sometimes. The review helps the reader analyze what the song is about without hearing it.

Average: 7.07

@Nara

sexy cutie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
3rd Place

Judges' Comments:

Review/Editorials:

descriptive for what its trying to protray, but there was room to have a bit more background in the setting

Proofreading:

Great use of vocabulary to convey the purpose of the text. Some sentences were joined with a comma, when it should be separated. A distinct and cohesive storyline!

SNS:

It's an interesting read, but it could be made much better if we got some better insight into the characters and the relationship between them.

Host
Very colorful vocabulary and good control of grammar. However, aside from making the party a Christmas party, the story has no relation to Christmas at all. Too much use of comma instead of breaking down to periods made some sentences hard to understand. Verb tenses kept switching from present to past even in the same sentence even though it was unnecessary to change. The score would've actually been higher if the author followed the theme. The story doesn't really tell much aside from Xiao and Juyeon liking each other. Too many words were spent on Xiao's imagination for a 1000-word story.

Average: 7.21

@WithJuyeon

Last edited:

sexy cutie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
2nd Place

Judges' Comments:

Review/Editorials:

Not much to say, it was easy to understand from beginning to end, no confusion, a good thing

Proofreading:

Great use of vocabulary to convey the purpose of the text. Even though it’s stylized as a poem, I think sentence boundaries could still occur within one line. Might be good to separate some sentences. Make sure you check for capitalization and commas when using quotes

SNS:

Loved this! Makes me feel very nostalgic and it fits the Christmas theme perfectly and the poem is both fun to read and meaningful.

Host
Writing a poem was very unexpected and I like surprises. However, some words were misused and some lines' metrics didn't match. changing the words would also affect the metric of the poem which made it very hard to proofread. The poem had a "Dr. Seuss" vibe, but it was nevertheless very engaging and fun to read. I love reading poems and I love it when people write one.

Average: 8.84

@Saint Renjun

sexy cutie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
1st Place

Judges' Comments:

Review/Editorials:

Having names for characters instead of "you" and "i" would've helped, it made reading a bit awkward for me, but i can see what your story is telling

Proofreading:

Great use of vocabulary to convey the purpose of the text. I liked how you used dialogue to introduce a more informal writing style. Serves as a good contrast to the non-dialogue parts. No comments on grammar and sentence structure- done well.

SNS:

A very interesting and unique read.I wasn't sure where the story was going and that made me more curious for the next part of the story. It's full of story but is pulled-off well.

Host
Great story and was able to convey a complete plot in less than 1,000 words. The author was able to convey the message and theme of the story very well. It is also very unique from the usual jovial mood of Christmas, and more focused on the realistic problems and questions of people about Christmas.The characters were very solid with a clear personality. Grammar wasn't perfect but easy to proofread.

Average: 8.97

@grainy

sexy cutie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
Thank you all for participating! :heartublob:

Rewards will be given out in the next 24 hours

WithJuyeon

Girl Group Trash | WJSN ♥ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,009,320
what a surprise, i didnt expect anything cause my writing was more descriptive than anything, doesnt even have the christmas theme. i'm gonna be honest here and confess that i took an old piece of writing and changed the setting just so that i could submit it because who knows what will happen :pepesanta:

congrats to everyone :wow:

Top Bottom