So has anyone played Final Fantasy VII remake yet? Thoughts?

Seunghee's Eyebrows

그댄 나의 Angel Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,941,388
I haven't got it yet but played the demo. But I'm getting it soon.

So what did you think of it?

I've played the original and I'm hearing some really good reviews but some are saying the pacing is really bad like sidequests are
too stretched out when it doesn't need to be?

Vanilla Cupcake

뉴이스트 ❤️ 동호회 🐯 Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭606,065
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! The graphics are great, the story is hilarious (I stan the flirting), voice acting is also really good. I love the side quests - some of them are kinda annoying but it's fun for the most part. The combat is already really fun, and a surprisingly good change from the original.

But then again, I'm a Square Enix fan girl, so they can poop in a box, and I would buy it.... LOL

Seunghee's Eyebrows

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,941,388
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! The graphics are great, the story is hilarious (I stan the flirting), voice acting is also really good. I love the side quests - some of them are kinda annoying but it's fun for the most part. The combat is already really fun, and a surprisingly good change from the original.

But then again, I'm a Square Enix fan girl, so they can poop in a box, and I would buy it.... LOL
Do you think the side-quests were prolonged too much? Is it worth the $100 AUD (coming from a poor pleb who's a huge FFVII fan)?

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭253,050
I've only seen it on stream, but I really like it !

Of course if you played or watched the game back in the days it will bring you so many memories.

Vanilla Cupcake

뉴이스트 ❤️ 동호회 🐯 Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭606,065
Do you think the side-quests were prolonged too much? Is it worth the $100 AUD (coming from a poor pleb who's a huge FFVII fan)?

You can always skip the side-quests you think are uninteresting. Some of them are very entertaining though. And personally I think so, just because the quality of the game is just so amazing, and there are parts where you can just run around and explore, listen to the NPC's dialogues etc. I even played FF7 original on switch just to compare, it's just amazing how much they have improved the story and character design.

But again, not the best question to ask a Square Enix fan girl, you know I will say yes HAHAHAHA

Seunghee's Eyebrows

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,941,388
You can always skip the side-quests you think are uninteresting. Some of them are very entertaining though. And personally I think so, just because the quality of the game is just so amazing, and there are parts where you can just run around and explore, listen to the NPC's dialogues etc. I even played FF7 original on switch just to compare, it's just amazing how much they have improved the story and character design.

But again, not the best question to ask a Square Enix fan girl, you know I will say yes HAHAHAHA
I tweeted about the game for responses and I got this. Do you agree?

Vanilla Cupcake

뉴이스트 ❤️ 동호회 🐯 Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭606,065
I tweeted about the game for responses and I got this. Do you agree?

LOLOLOL Nerds will argue that it's not HAHAHA but honestly I can see both sides. Like the game is now more stretched out with more details, combat style is different, but fundamentally it's the same.

Zweig

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭70,000
+ story
+ main characters personalities and their background
+ combat system
+ leveling and materia system
+ music
+ visuals

-side quests (find item X, kill moster Y, talk to person Z)
- it's only part 1 :(

9/10 for me

Top Bottom