So Melon Do Have Beef With JYPE or No?

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
So I don't know if many realise that Melon has a Twitter account and up until about 9-10 months ago it was pretty much inactive, but since late last year and early this year they have been posting consistently in relation to pretty much all big releases and the likes....kind of normal stuff....however they have not posted about any JYPE act since, afaik, Twice in 2017.

I know some people have been hinting at a possible beef ever since JYP called Melon out in 2018, but still a lot of people deny it and don't believe it. Even in the face of things like Twice not attending MMA, even in 2018 when they got an award or in 2019 when they were snubbed in the top 10's for acts with less charting. People often use the ROTY Itzy got to disprove it, but really who else could have won that award....we had 0 other candidate as I don't think any debut female in 2019 even charted on Melon beyond Itzy so I kind of side eye that defense.

I mean they promote pretty much every single other Kpop act and sub units from BTS, BP, Exo to Chungha, Lee Hi, Zico, etc and even when they don't have comebacks sometimes. They also post about relatively unknown groups who I'm not even sure chart on Melon like Rocket Punch, Weekly, etc but never for Twice, Got 7, Itzy, Stray Kids, etc...

I mean it's kind of ridiculous at this point for people to deny the tension between the companies and calls into question the level of professionalism from a fairness point of view that they push and promote and ton of major acts but totally ignore JYP Entertainment artist and in more ways than just Twitter.

I find it really bizarre that the idol group with, at the time, the highest UL's of the year get no acknowledgment from the company when clearly a large portion of their userbase is interested in them....even now Twice is still number 2 for UL's in 2020 behind major idol groups and comebacks that were promoted such as Exo, Red Velvet, BTS, Chungha, etc yet when it comes to launch day silence?

Ultimately it doesn't really matter as we see people still check out Twice, Itzy, JYP, etc and the account is small af, I just find it interesting people still deny Melon and JYPE have beef in the face of clear and obvious evidence.

Top Bottom