PLUSDAYS Special Article - HallyuPlus' Halloween Playlist (8 winners)!

G

Galaxy

"PlusDays" Special Article - HallyuPlus' Halloween Playlist!
Written by: Galaxy, BlueNose, Rektinq and Vampire
With the help of HallyuPlus' users!

TvJnT6wl_o.png

Ten days ago, our Press Team asked you to contribute to the forum's "Carnival of Souls" by creating the perfect playlist to listen on October 31st. We (BlueNose, Rektinq, Vampire and Galaxy) received tons of messages and, along with four songs of our choice, we picked eight of your recommendations to feature in today's special "Plus Days" article! We hope you will enjoy this selection and that it will make your Halloween celebrations even spookier than expected!

#1: SUNMI - FULL MOON (Suggested by: @Beefy)
Vampire: Sunmi plays the beautiful, companion-seeking vampire in her hit song "Full Moon" featuring ex-JYP trainee Lena. Sultry guitar, piano, and—oh my!—even saxophone can be heard as Sunmi glides and grinds her way across our screens and into our hearts. In a nighttime setting with antique furniture, candles, and a coffin, it is sure to be every goth's dream of a music video this Halloween! Warning: Sunmi's "Full Moon" music video contains a jump scare at 0:21.

liftarn_Pumpkin.png

#2: AKB48 - UZA (Suggested by: @demasta)
Vampire: Throw your body to this Japanese pop song with an aggressive beat this Halloween—it's AKB48's "UZA"! Even in its perfect-for-the-season location, with dim lighting and fluttering autumn leaves, you're sure to keep your eyes on the girls' impressive choreography. And those grunge schoolgirl outfits? To die for!

liftarn_Pumpkin.png

#3: VIXX - VOODOO DOLL (Suggested by: @rosie)
Galaxy: VIXX doesn't play around when it comes to creepy concepts! In the original music video for their song "Voodoo Doll", the members become the prisoners of a sadistic girl who uses dark magic items to torture them. However, the lyrics tell us a different story, as they willingly accept to endure pain (both mentally and physically) to protect their lover and make her happy. The concept was considered too disturbing for broadcast and the group was forced to release a "clean" version of their music video (which is the one that is linked here) and to change their choreography. Warning: if you have never seen the original video and you can't stand the sight of blood, organs, mutilation and violence, do not search for it on Youtube. The clean version below is safe for you to watch.

liftarn_Pumpkin.png

#4: PRISTIN - BLACK WIDOW (Suggested by: Rektinq)
Rektinq: Around two years ago Pristin released a dance practice for their song "Black Widow," a track which surprised many. Pristin had been known for doing only cute concepts in the past, so their voices blending to create a much darker vibe was new to everyone. The choreography hits hard in a beautiful way, and is by far my favorite from Pristin. The lyrics have a spooky vibe to them, singing from the perspective of a spider. They certainly give off a Halloween vibe with lines such as "a different side of me lingers in your head... red eyes come out and swallow me up." This song is definitely my first pick when it comes to a Halloween k-pop song.

liftarn_Pumpkin.png

#5: AIMYON - THE SMELL OF A MIDSUMMER NIGHT (Suggested by: @Yuki)
BlueNose: This song reminds me of spooky scary skeletons for some reason. The lyrics sound like the singer is being spirited away, with lines talking about walking unknown paths towards candy houses and demons staring at her. In the music video, Aimyon is mostly seen alone with only her guitar, but every so often she is followed and occasionally surrounded by flimsy-limbed men. Aimyon's fun vocals and the song's silly instrumentals make "The Smell Of A Midsummer Night" a fun Halloween track!

liftarn_Pumpkin.png

#6: DAY6 - SHOOT ME (Suggested by: @cabb)
Rektinq: Day6's rock-like style never fails to impress, and their song "Shoot Me" is no different. Their personal style blends excellently with a horror-like concept, and this serves to enhance both the music video and the song. The black and white scenes in the video combined with the slow beat at the beginning just add to the creepy vibe. The lyrics contribute even more, featuring lines such as "I'm ok, so if you wanna hurt me baby just hurt me", as if they were vampires or the undead. You will definitely be looping this song for hours after hearing it!

liftarn_Pumpkin.png

#7:MOMOIRO CLOVER Z - SARABA ITOSHIKI KANASHIMI YO (Suggested by: @abra)
Galaxy: If you are a fan of creepy but fun Halloween concepts, then it's time for you to discover Momoiro Clover Z's "Saraba Itoshiki Kanashimi Yo" ! This catchy Japanese song comes with a fun choreography and a music video that makes little to no sense, but is still very entertaining to watch. Glowing costumes, laser eyes and five scary-looking singers who mysteriously appear after a little girl waters her plants... don't try to figure out what all of these are supposed to mean, just click on the video below and enjoy!

liftarn_Pumpkin.png

#8: DREAMCATCHER - YOU AND I (Suggested by: @Seriously)
Rektinq: "You & I" was Dreamcatcher's most popular song since their debut, and for a good reason. This rock-style title track blew everyone away with its sound and how well it showed off Dreamcatcher's unique concept. The horror theme is strongly apparent throughout the music video, especially in scenes such as the girls running through hallways escaping from a monstrous shadow. The choreography shows off the concept with intricate moves and synchronization. This whole track really just screams, "Halloween".

liftarn_Pumpkin.png

#9: EXO - MONSTER (Suggested by: Vampire)
Vampire: They may not be vampires or werewolves, but with lyrics like "I'll flip you over, break you down and swallow you up," you'll be sure to call them monsters this Halloween! EXO's "Monster" is a dark dance track that describes a man's unhealthy obsession with his lover. The music video is full of exquisite shots in cyan, magenta, and black, with an intense choreography segment and a loose, gritty storyline to follow. If you're looking for a thrill, then look no further! Warning: EXO's "Monster" music video contains mild blood and violence.

liftarn_Pumpkin.png

#10: AMEI - MATRIARCHY (Suggested by: @grainy)
BlueNose: With her powerful vocals over an epic rock instrumental, Amei tells us the story of women who take control of their own lives in an extreme way. Watching the MV mixed with the song, it's quite chilling. Amei stares you down throughout the MV with piercing blue eyes. Describing what sounds like a sick relationship between a man and woman, Matriarchy not only lives up to its name by trying to give women power, but exceeds it by being the personification of "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". Warning: the music video is quite violent.

liftarn_Pumpkin.png

#11: LADIES' CODE - HATE YOU (Suggested by: Galaxy)
Galaxy: When I wondered which song I could select for a Halloween playlist, Ladies’ Code's second single ‘Hate You’, which was released in 2013, immediately came to my mind. Even six years later, the eerie aesthetics of its music video - from the different rooms the girls spend time in to the accessories they play with - and its chorus' simple but haunting lyrics make it the perfect pick for this celebration. Wouldn't you be scared of being trapped in a spooky manor full of creepy dolls?

liftarn_Pumpkin.png

#12: TWICE - TT (Suggested by: BlueNose)
BlueNose: For the longest time, Twice's TT was one of my favorite songs from them. The song has a lot of empty space for the instrumental to make echoes and for the infamous rising and lowering whistle sound to annoy almost everyone who has heard the song (I personally like it, though). The girls' costumes, the haunted house location, and the trick or treat intro in the music video make TT one of my favorite Halloween songs for years to come.

Hallyu+ users, what do you think of this selection? As promised, if your name was mentioned in the article, you will be rewarded... and receive ⨭50,000 very soon! However, do not be disappointed if your recommendation was not included here - you can still find it in the playlist we have created with all songs linked by users on Spotify and Youtube. Don't forget to check it out before you leave, as you might discover groups and tracks that suit your taste. Thank you again for contributing to this playlist, and happy Halloween!

tokki

Awards Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭642,920
spooky hours are [OPEN]
everyone has such great taste

rosie

• ♔ • Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭17,750
VIXX VOODOO DOLL TOP 3

As it deserves

:partydogo:

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Seems like a very good list, with several songs I've seen before and kind of forgot about! When I saw Full Moon I was like "Why didn't I think of that?".
I'll make sure to check out the songs I haven't heard before too.

(Also happy to see my suggestion on the list!)

BlessMeAchoo

Excuse My Charisma
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭201,500
I originally chose Full Moon but changed to Ghost by Monsta X, rip me. I have no regrets though lol :teehee:

Anyway, great playlist!~ :peepopbirthday:

grainy

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
:peepopbirthday: Happy halloween!

@Galaxy This is Matriarchy's spotify link! Amit is Amei's rock genre stage name

grainy

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
Thank you! It isn't available in my country but I managed to add it to the playlist!
oof, thanks!!
She's changed companies and stage names during her career, so her discography is split on different channels :sadpepe:

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,550
Thanks for the playlist and to everyone who participated, it's nice to listen to something new and different!
I think it's time for me to explore Japanese music more bc I just seem to love it; the Aimyon song is my favourite amongst the list.

Time to get into the spooky spirit!

:partydogo:

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,567
Thank you to everyone who sent suggestions, those who are participating in the thread even if your song choices weren't specifically picked to be written about, and to my fellow staff members! This was a really fun collaboration! Happy Halloween!

Top Bottom