GAME+ Spooktober Writing Contest - October 21st to October 30th

Chiharu

The Worst Girl in the World Events VIP+ Tenth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,048,332
105656393_rfr_haunted_house_and_pumpkins.dn_1024x1024.jpg
We all know October is the month of spooks and scares, and what better way to celebrate that than with a writing contest~

How it works
The theme for your story is Halloween.

Your story does not necessarily have to be scary, it can be anything from spooky to cute.
You can write a horror story about a murderous pumpkin or a wholesome story about trick or treating. As long as it fits the theme of Halloween, it will be allowed.

Entries will be scored from 1 to 10 on 3 different categories; enjoyment, execution, and creativity.

The minimum word length required of an entry is 100 words, while the maximum allowed is 5,000.

All entries must be submitted in this thread by October 30th at 10PM EST

Rules
Stories that do not fit the theme or are submitted past the deadline will automatically receive a 5 point deduction.

You are free to write fanfiction if you want.

No plagiarism.

All entries must be written in English.

You must write an actual story. Naturally, entries where it's obvious you're just trying to fill in the wordcount will be discarded.

All entries must be kept PG-13.

Have fun!

Prizes
1st Place - 4.5 orbs, 95k coins & 30 Elite Gamer Points
2nd Place - 3.5 orbs, 85k coins & 20 Elite Gamer Points
3rd Place - 2.5 orbs, 75k coins & 10 Elite Gamer Points
Participation Prize - 100k coins & 5 Elite Gamer Points

In addition, one lucky participant will win a themed polaroid via RNG

@Gamer Squad

Beefy

Billion Dollar Bitch
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,751,135
Pronouns
They/Them
Hello, here's my entry

Eric and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Halloween

It was the biggest night of the year for one student at Creker Senior High School. Eric Lee, freshman and Halloween enthusiast, happily pranced around the halls jollily singing songs from The Nightmare Before Christmas (which unlike many he considers a Halloween film). His mood is suddenly ruined when he stumbles upon a student at his locker gleefully eating something. At a closer look, he realizes the student is eating a bowl of candy corn, okay normal. But instead of using his hands, the student was using a spoon, okay very weird.

Eric couldn’t help himself, he approached the boy briskly and boldly yelled at him “HEY SPOONHEAD, WHY ARE YOU EATING CANDY CORN LIKE THAT”.

The boy looked up in horror as the other students in the hall began to giggle. He quickly stuffed the bowl and spoon into his locker and ran out of the school in shame.

Watching the boy run made Eric feel a pang of guilt, but that was quickly forgotten when his best friend Bomin appeared next to him. His friend looked at Eric frightened and shared some damning information. “Dude, you know that was THE Sunwoo Kim, right? As in the weird kid who is known to like hex people and shit?”, he went off on his friend bewildered. Eric simply shrugged it off, what’s the worst that could happen?

The rest of his day went on with no problem. Hexes, what a load of crap. He cheerfully hummed as he walked home that evening, passing young children who had already started their candy-filled night out. He smiled fondly and began to think about his own spooky costume for the evening.

As soon as he was inside the house he sprinted up to his room and began to dress in his vampire costume for the night. Just as he was about to put in some red contacts. His older brother Hyunjae walked into his room with eyes full of judgment. His brother sighed and began to shake his head. “Eric, you’re 14 now, it’s time for you to stop all this trick or tricking stuff”, he ended the statement with a huff.

Eric glared and began to open his mouth to yell at his brother to get out of his room when something moved in the closet next to them. Hyunjae glanced at him before cautiously approaching the closet and ripping the door open. Eric squealed despite himself. His brother began to laugh and pointed in the closet, “There’s nothing in here, it must’ve been a roach or something. For someone whose favorite Halloween you sure are a scaredy-cat-”. Suddenly grabbed Hyunjae’s ankle, it was an old black decaying hand. Eric gasped. His brother was quickly snatched into the closet behind him. The closet door slammed to a shut.

He quickly got on his feet and ran to the door to investigate when he heard a scream come from downstairs. It was his mom. He sprinted down the stairs only to find it empty. A strange growling came from the kitchen. Eric had seen enough horror movies to know not to go anywhere near that, so he took off towards his front door. He felt bad for his family, but he was sure this was all an elaborate prank and Hyunjae would jump out the bushes or something. That never happened, however, as he walked down the street on an unpleasantly cold October night. Now the streets were full of people of all ages with eager looks on their faces. Eric was at a loss. Who could he go to? The police? An exorcist? A friend?

Just as he thought of his friends, Bomin suddenly appeared in front of him. Eric looked up at his friend and noticed something strange. His friend's face was pale as a ghost despite clearly not being in any Halloween attire. Eric shook it off and quickly grabbed his friend's hand leading him into the forest right outside of his neighborhood. “You’re not gonna believe what happened…” when his friend began to cough up blood. As his friend fell over he noticed something shiny flashing from his back. It was a spoon. A bloody spoon stood deeply embedded in his best friend. Eric gasped. This could all be the doing of one person.

“Be careful who you call spoonhead, bozo. Have a happy Halloween”, a lone figure giggles from behind the bushes. Who was this mysterious figure? None other than Sunwoo Kim, said the boy walked over to Bomin and ripped the spoon out of his back. And he plopped it right into his bowl of candy corn, disappearing into the dark forest. Eric was now friendless, parentless, and candyless. One could say this was truly the worst Halloween ever...

the end

Chomiczewska

Hamster First Place HoE Chomi
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,439,949
Enjoy :bakacat:
Glow Up

My round orange body that spent the last months just sitting on a patch of leaves and doing nothing, but growing suddenly got surrounded by tiny flickering lights a few nights ago. At first I got scared by this unusual event, but soon I noticed beside me the blond girl that’s been watering and keeping pests away from me, her animal companions that sometimes helped her with her chores and a mysterious older woman which seemed to be the source of the twinkling glow. I calmed down slightly after seeing them, but that was also when my peaceful life had come to an end - in a matter of seconds I rapidly grew, my skin changed color into light turquoise, my insides became hollow, I got ornamented with gold and I even got wheels - I became a beautiful carriage that I never even dreamed of being!

The next few hours felt like a fairy tale. I got to visit places I’d never been able to go to before, see dazzling sights, buildings, people - but once the girl runned out of the castle we started speeding back home and in no time POOF! Everything was gone; I was back to being my usual self, only this time I didn’t even have my bed of leaves with me.

All I could do now was just sit on the side of the road and watch as everyone is getting further and further away. I hoped that someone would return for me, but days, weeks have passed and none did. As I started to think how soon I’ll wither away without anyone even knowing, I heard a faint laughter in the distance. Before long I saw a group of children happily walking through the forest with their hands full of various objects. When one of them noticed me he shuffled what he was carrying the best he could and took me with him.

Once we arrived at the village’s center, kids dropped what they were holding and frantically started rummaging through the pile - there was lots of noise, laughter and bickering that accompanied it. As time passed there were less and less things in the stack; the little ones turned them into decorations that were now adorning the buildings, costumes that ranged from creepy skeletons to graceful fairies, props that completed their outfits and little containers that they could carry in their hands.

When the pile became nothing, but a vague memory, few of the children turned their attention towards me. Armed with spoons, clasp-knives, pencils and pointy rods they began cutting, scooping and carving my body. It was nothing like what I had experienced before - there were no sparkling lights nor instant changes, but seeing their smiles and shining eyes as they kept working brought me an unexplained joy.

The sun exchanged its place with the moon by the time kids put their tools down - I was once again a new version of myself, but this time I knew I won’t turn back when the clock strikes midnight. As a finishing touch to my transformation I was given a small lit candle inside of me. It brightened the darkness around us through the newly created gaps and casted a shadow in the shape of an intimidating, but also a welcoming smile.

Children’s cheers filled the night air right after as they rushed off to visit every house in town. At each door they loudly greeted the adults and soon after they were handed sweets into the buckets they made hours prior. Even when everyone was out of my sight I could still hear their chipper voices, giggles and spats, it never got quiet no matter how late it got.

Before morning came the gift I received went out, leaving me in a complete obscurity - I thought that I was left behind once more. Ahead of the next nightfall tho, it got reignited afresh and continued to get lit up for many more months to come.

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭158,759
Enjoy :bakacat:
Glow Up

My round orange body that spent the last months just sitting on a patch of leaves and doing nothing, but growing suddenly got surrounded by tiny flickering lights a few nights ago. At first I got scared by this unusual event, but soon I noticed beside me the blond girl that’s been watering and keeping pests away from me, her animal companions that sometimes helped her with her chores and a mysterious older woman which seemed to be the source of the twinkling glow. I calmed down slightly after seeing them, but that was also when my peaceful life had come to an end - in a matter of seconds I rapidly grew, my skin changed color into light turquoise, my insides became hollow, I got ornamented with gold and I even got wheels - I became a beautiful carriage that I never even dreamed of being!

The next few hours felt like a fairy tale. I got to visit places I’d never been able to go to before, see dazzling sights, buildings, people - but once the girl runned out of the castle we started speeding back home and in no time POOF! Everything was gone; I was back to being my usual self, only this time I didn’t even have my bed of leaves with me.

All I could do now was just sit on the side of the road and watch as everyone is getting further and further away. I hoped that someone would return for me, but days, weeks have passed and none did. As I started to think how soon I’ll wither away without anyone even knowing, I heard a faint laughter in the distance. Before long I saw a group of children happily walking through the forest with their hands full of various objects. When one of them noticed me he shuffled what he was carrying the best he could and took me with him.

Once we arrived at the village’s center, kids dropped what they were holding and frantically started rummaging through the pile - there was lots of noise, laughter and bickering that accompanied it. As time passed there were less and less things in the stack; the little ones turned them into decorations that were now adorning the buildings, costumes that ranged from creepy skeletons to graceful fairies, props that completed their outfits and little containers that they could carry in their hands.

When the pile became nothing, but a vague memory, few of the children turned their attention towards me. Armed with spoons, clasp-knives, pencils and pointy rods they began cutting, scooping and carving my body. It was nothing like what I had experienced before - there were no sparkling lights nor instant changes, but seeing their smiles and shining eyes as they kept working brought me an unexplained joy.

The sun exchanged its place with the moon by the time kids put their tools down - I was once again a new version of myself, but this time I knew I won’t turn back when the clock strikes midnight. As a finishing touch to my transformation I was given a small lit candle inside of me. It brightened the darkness around us through the newly created gaps and casted a shadow in the shape of an intimidating, but also a welcoming smile.

Children’s cheers filled the night air right after as they rushed off to visit every house in town. At each door they loudly greeted the adults and soon after they were handed sweets into the buckets they made hours prior. Even when everyone was out of my sight I could still hear their chipper voices, giggles and spats, it never got quiet no matter how late it got.

Before morning came the gift I received went out, leaving me in a complete obscurity - I thought that I was left behind once more. Ahead of the next nightfall tho, it got reignited afresh and continued to get lit up for many more months to come.
oh thank goodness the pumpkin didn't end up alone! :sejeongcry: the pumpkin was given purpose and lived with the children's/village's appreciative environment for the rest of its lifespan... i would have been so sad otherwise... bless you :peepoblanket:

Moodz

Wendy Williams
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭869,250
I honestly don't know what this is for but I LOVE WRITING SO HERE IS MY SHITTY ENTRY :teehee: don't tell my English teacher I did this instead of the essay she assigned

I present to you:

"Blood and Salt: The X1 Seungyoun/Seungwoo AU that's only a little bit Halloween related and doesn't really have a plot tbh it's just angst RIP oh also stream Seungyoun's latest album k thx"

It was dark, freezing, and rainy. The cold bit into Seungyoun's skin through his thin jacket, making him shiver. Wet strands of hair stuck to his cheeks, but he didn't bother to move them out of the way. Instead, he kept his head down, trying to seem as non-threatening as possible to the trick-or-treaters who passed him on the sidewalk.

It was unusually cold for October 31st, and rain was coming down in sheets. Seungyoun was surprised that parents let their kids out in the depressing weather.

He kept walking, ignoring the cold, ignoring the people, his mind on one thing only.

He didn't look up until he reached the cemetery.

Reaching out a trembling, numb hand, he opened the creaky gate and stepped in. He navigated his way to Seungwoo's grave easily, almost ashamed at how little time it took him. He'd been here too much. Even if tonight was the only night that mattered.

It was fitting that Seungwoo's spirit resurrection would happen on Halloween, what with it being the scariest day of the year and all. Seungyoun only hoped that it would all go well.

Arriving at Seungwoo's grave, Seungyoun swallowed back the familiar lump rising in his throat. No tears were permitted. If he did this right, he'd be with Seungwoo again. With Seungwoo.

Seungyoun got down on his knees and reached into his jacket, pulling out a small plastic container filled with saltwater, a single pin floating in it. He set the container on the ground and peeled off the lid, carefully taking out the pin.

Seungyoun hated any form of pain; it was with eyes closed tight that he pricked his finger and submerged it into the salty, stinging water. He slowly opened his eyes open a moment later, noting the water had turned faintly pink.

Seungyoun poured the mixture of blood and salt onto Seungwoo's headstone, then swiped the remaining blood on his finger in a semi-circle over the first letter of his best friend's name.

He closed his eyes.

It could have been two minutes or two hours, but the wind eventually picked up. Something rustled beside him and Seungyoun fought to keep his eyes closed. The ritual wouldn't work if he didn't.

The rustling got louder, and wind - no, breath - ghosted across his face. He still kept his eyes closed. If he didn't, he had no chance of seeing Seungwoo.

"Seungyoun." That wasn't Seungwoo's voice.

Seungyoun's lips trembled, a tear rolling down his cheek.

Eyes closed.

Closed.

Someone - something - wiped the tear away.

Everything went still.

Warm hands grabbed Seungyoun's cold ones. "Seungyoun?"

With a gasp, Seungyoun's eyes flew open. There, kneeling before him, was his best friend. "Seungwoo."

Seungwoo looked the exact same. He was in his black funeral suit, his hair done perfectly. The only thing different was the red semi-circle on his cheek. It perfectly matched the one Seungyoun had made on his headstone.

"You're...you're here?" Seungyoun whispered.

Seungwoo chuckled, and the sound warmed Seungyoun up like a lonely ray of sunshine. "Of course I'm here. You needed me and here I am."

Seungyoun smiled, genuinely smiled, for the first time in a long time. His vision went blurry with tears, and he blinked them away so he wouldn't miss a single second of Seungwoo.

"Why are you crying?" the elder asked bemusedly.

Seungyoun shrugged, furiously scrubbing at his eyes with his sleeve. "I'm just so happy. Ever since...ever since the crash I've been researching ways to bring you back. I know it sounds stupid...you can't bring a dead person back. They sent me to therapists but I never stopped searching. I knew something had to work. I had to try. And here you are. I just didn't think it would be this...simple." He thought there would be some sort of incredibly complex ritual, like all the others he'd tried. But in the end, blood and salt was the answer.

Seungwoo grinned and pulled Seungyoun into a hug. Seungyoun all but collapsed against him.

This wasn't how it was supposed to go. He was supposed to revive Seungwoo and they would catch up and Seungyoun would bring him home. They'd find a way to explain it to everyone. He'd have his best friend back.

Sobbing into Seungwoo's chest wasn't part of the plan. Seungwoo didn't seem to mind, he just gently ran his fingers through Seungyoun's hair. "It's okay to cry." He began softly. "This is a lot. Seeing me again. I understand."

For a brief moment, Seungyoun wondered how they looked to outsiders. Two dark figures, one looking like he was attending a wedding and the other looking like he was crashing it, huddled together over a grave on Halloween night. He almost giggled.

It was nice, being held by Seungwoo again. Seungyoun closed his eyes, pushing his face into Seungwoo's chest and letting the rain fall down on them like an icy blanket.

"What will we tell everyone?" Seungyoun wondered aloud. "About how you mysteriously came back to life."

Seungwoo stilled for a moment, before slowly resuming stroking Seungyoun's hair. "Seungyoun...I can't come back with you."

The world stopped. Or maybe just Seungyoun's heart. He pulled away quickly, a panicked look in his eyes. "What do you mean? You have to come back. I need you. Your family will be happy."

Seungwoo looked pained. "I can't. It hurts for me to be here. My spirit is gone, I'm just an animated memory. I won't be able to stay for long. I'm not for this world anymore."

Seungyoun's breath sped up. "No...no. I spent so long searching for how to bring you back. You can't just leave. You don't know how hard I worked, or why I did this."

Seungwoo cupped Seungyoun's cheeks, bringing their faces close together. Close enough that Seungyoun could feel Seungwoo's breath ghosting across his face. "I know why, okay? I know. Before I died, I knew. I saw the way you looked at me. I wasn't oblivious to your feelings." He stared searchingly into Seungyoun's eyes, hoping for some flicker of understanding.

Seungyoun sniffled. "You knew?"

Seungwoo smiled, his eyes glittering with unshed tears. Unlike Seungyoun, he could keep his emotions in check. "You were so obvious. It's okay. I swear it's okay. Yeah?"

Seungyoun nodded shakily, finding slight comfort in the warmth of Seungwoo's hands on his face. "If you knew that you couldn't stay, why come back at all?"

Seungyoun watched as Seungwoo swallowed. "You needed to see me. You never got closure."

"It hurts worse now, seeing you but not being able to, ever again."

"I'm sorry."

"You're not even really here, are you? I've officially gone crazy. I'm sitting in a graveyard on Halloween night, hallucinating my dead best friend."

Seungwoo pulled his hands away from Seungyoun's cheeks, opting to hold one of his hands instead. "You're not imagining me. I know it sounds cliche, but I'm always with you. I always have been. I love you, Seungyoun. As a friend. As a brother. As a..." Seungwoo trailed off, gently squeezing Seungyoun's hand. "My point is, even though I am here, physically, right now, I was there with you spiritually, every other day. And I always will be. Now close your eyes."

Seungyoun obeyed. Nothing happened for a solid ten seconds. But then a warm hand was gripping his jaw, and Seungyoun felt the tiniest pressure of Seungwoo's lips on his own for a split second.

Then he was gone.

Everything was cold.

There were no more warm hands to touch his hair.

The rain was louder than ever.

Last edited:

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭42,950
Here, have this bizarre fever dream I wrote at 2am
ThinHoarseHorseshoebat-max-1mb.gif

Things that go CRASH in the night

"AAAAAAHHH!!!" Suddenly, you find yourself knelt on the ground, arms still raised in front of you. A futile attempt to protect your body, from what you thought, was an imminent impact. "AAAaaah- aaa- eh?" Clearly, Halloween had not gone as planned.

"Relax relax, it's ok. You're just, well, you had a little accident back there" An unfamiliar, formless voice explains. Still bewildered, you stare at the tarmac beneath you, speechless. "You swerved to avoid some costumed brats in the street. CRASH you went into the construction site, SMASH goes the rebar through the windscreen, SQUELCH goes a 9ft metal spike through your torso... You got skewered, man and car, a wreckage kebab. Was pretty rad! All the way up until you soiled yourself." The stranger chuckles.

Squinting up into the darkness, you see where the laughter is coming from. The figure is tall as a tree, inhumanly thin, with a long extinguished jack-o'-lantern perched atop it's shoulders. Horrified at the sight, you answer with the only appropriate response. "AAAAAHHH AAHHHAAAAAAAH!!!" The creature crouches to meet you at eye level. "Rude."

Rubbing your eyes in disbelief, you recognise the apparition in front of you. "P- PUMPKIN PETE!? You're fucking real!?" This town has always had a bunch of bizarre folklore, but here before you, sits one such legend. "Oh a fan!" Faintly illuminated by moonlight, crude cuts in the creature's veggie face, contort into a smile.

"This must be a nightmare, nothing more than a trippy bad dream." Attempting to comfort yourself, you hurry to your feet. "I'm afraid not, you checked outta life, in a rather spectacular fashion." The monster gestures to the void behind it. It's home, Black Cat Creek, but not as you know it. The streets are dark and lifeless, no trick-or-treaters in sight, not a tacky plastic skeleton to be found.

"No no, shit no, there's no way!" Dread begins to sweep over you, blurred memories of the accident play in your mind. The spirit stands, again towering several feet above. "Oh come on now, dying shouldn't come as a shock. Hell of a lot more dead folks than living, people with a pulse are the minority." The gourd faced freak grins, clearly amused by his own wit.

Still disorientated, you recoil as the ghostly character offers a skeletal hand. "Fortunately for you! I've helped townsfolk through this dank darkness for millennia. Besides, what other choice you got kid?" Hesitantly, you approach the ghoul, it leading you down the pitch black road you once called home. The frightening being moves silently, in contrast to your panicked wheezing, and exhausted stagger.

"S- so what happens now?" You enquire, as any hope of waking up fades from thought. "YOU have somewhere important to be. But don't fret, I'll get you there. I know this bleak abyss like the back of my hand, well, what's left of them." Another wisecrack, which did nothing to improve your mood. "It's not Halloween in Black Cat Creek, without a visit from Pumpkin Pete!" Your guardian through the gloom hums merrily. "Please, spare me the song. I grew up here, I've heard it a thousand times." You protest, interrupting his would be musical number. Pete pauses, adjusting the orange decaying mass he calls a cranium. "Again... Rude."

OutroTearTheFirst

Oh, I'm sorry, but nobody does evil the way I do! Fourth Place HoE
Reaction score
On a picnic with gasppepe eating nugget peepo
Plus Coins
⨭30,900
Pronouns
She/Her
07-20-20-offers-candy-corn.jpg

Candy Corn Rules
It’s October 30th and Raven is super excited for Halloween.

“I can’t wait to get candy tomorrow!” she squeals. “Except for candy corn. I don’t want none of that,” she says in disgust.

“Shut up, Raven. It’s 11:30, go to bed already. We have school tomorrow,” her annoyed sister, Blair, groans.

“Sorry…” Raven sheepishly mumbles. Raven gets settled in her bed and eventually falls asleep.

In the middle of the night, a loud crack of thunder strikes, scaring Raven wide awake. She looks to her right and sees her sister sleeping like a log.

Raven thinks to herself, How does she do it?

BOOM! Thunder and lightning strike, briefly illuminating the small, dark room and interrupting Raven’s thoughts.

“F this, I’m sleeping in Blair’s bed!” Raven shrieks.

Raven runs over to sister and nudges her, “Scooch over! Blair! Blair… Blair?”Raven feels her heartbeat in her neck as her sister stays unresponsive. Her expression darkens as she pulls Blair’s body to face her. Raven puts her hand over her mouth and screams. Blair’s eyes and mouth have been stapled with candy corn decorations. Raven bolts out of her house. She sprints to the nearby police station, not caring about how her feet feel on the wet and dirty pavement.

When she gets there, a middle-aged officer greets her in front of the doors. “Hello there, youngin! It’s a little too early to be trick-or-treating, dontcha think? Interesting costume though.” The officer says while giving Raven a weird look.

“What?” Raven looks down at herself and sees she is in a horrendous candy corn costume. She has no recollection of putting on the offensive garment.

Out of nowhere, a bright orange light appears above the police station. Raven uses her arms to shield her eyes from the blazing light. A large gust of wind pushes her to the ground. A loud and powerful voice begins to laugh at the panic-stricken girl, “MuahahahaHAHAHAH.”

All Raven can hear is the evil, booming laugh, the sound engulfing her.

“Please, leave me alone,” cries.

Silence.

The petrified girl breathes harshly. Is it really over? Was this all a dream?

Raven slowly lowers her shaking hands from her eyes to see a giant, floating piece of candy corn. Her eyes almost pop out of their sockets. She sits there, mouth agape, too afraid to say anything.

The Candy Corn King says with a solemn voice, “Every year trick-or-treaters look at me and my people in disgust. You should have never disrespected me.” He lowers himself and bangs his scepter on the ground. Bolts of lightning repeatedly strike the surrounding area.

“AHHHHH,” Raven screams. She attempts to escape, but the King has other plans. He hits his scepter on the ground a second time. Raven is frozen in place. She starts throwing up a neverending stream of candy corn. After a few minutes, the King decides he has had enough fun and slams his scepter down a third time. A lightning bolt strikes Raven, putting her out of her misery.

The pile of candy corn she threw up jump around in happiness. *Woo hoo*, *yipee*, and *that’ll show her!* can be heard from the tiny pieces of candy corn.

The Candy Corn King laughs hysterically. As he wipes a tear from his eye he turns around, his laugh weakening.

“And you, how do you feel about my people?” He questions the officer.

The King and his people await for the officer’s response.

The officer stands there with a brown stain on his pants. His legs violently shake, feeling like jello. He gathers enough courage to say, “G-good.”

The Candy Corn King smiles smugly. “Thank you.” With another hit of his scepter, he and his people disappear.

Bellamy

Be strong, be brave〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭29,828,914
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm the queen of clichés:fab:...so here i go

Halloween night is so much fun when you are a kid. As an adult it is just one more night, the end of one month and the beginning of another.

I was visiting my sister's new house and I was so naive to offer myself to deliver the candy without noticing the large number of children in the neighborhood.

8 pm and the horror movie marathon on television was just beginning.

Suddenly, a loud noise was heard from the second floor, followed by the barking of my sister's dog, which was very active at night.

The bell rang for the 5th time and as soon as I opened the door, to the sound of trick or treat, a group of children waited impatiently. I filled their little bags and they dispersed little by little, until there was only one masked child left. He did not leave despite having already received his sweets.

He shyly asked to borrow the bathroom, to which I agreed. The dog came down the stairs barking desperately, and while my sister calmed him down, the boy froze in front of the stairs. A roar was heard upstairs, which caused a chill to run through my body. My sister grabbed a broom and encouraged me to call the police. The boy stopped my sister in her attempt to climb the stairs and said in a voice not typical of a child: -calm down, I'll take it-.

The lights in the house went out and my sister and I screamed out of reflex. When the lights came on again, the boy was nowhere to be found. We didn't dare go up to the second floor, so we called 911 and reported the incident.

We stayed up all night in the living room thinking about the police report: they found giant muddy footprints that didn't look human. The police believe it was a Halloween costume, all part of a macabre joke that included the masked boy, but luckily none of us went up the stairs, since we were the third house with the same incident, but the only one with no victims to regret.

ARandomFan

(っ◔◡◔)っ<3 Content+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭773,045
Pronouns
idk
participation points juseyo :JudgyDubu:
There was once a little girl that loved to sing and dance.
She’d always go to the graveyard when she had the chance.
The poor lass must’ve been terribly lonely.
For the mice and the stone to watch her only.
Then to come back all alone.

But on Halloween she came back with not one, not two, but three.
This was a surprise indeed.
They appeared to be dead, everyone would agree.
But so much was their greed.
Mindlessly, they followed the little girl with a lifeless groan.

That night was full of fright.
The jack-o-lanterns didn’t burn as bright.
For no one knew what happened since her return.
The whole town looked with concern.
Perhaps, it was just to postpone.

There was once a little girl that loved to sing and dance.
Now may she do that forever in a trance.

Top Bottom