aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

Yupuplover

Senpai Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,733,028
Nothing new. Taemin CB has been pushed back twice ; though the 2nd time I can understand health more important.
All this market analysis is just trying to hold the shareholders.
for so many months, SM just using this market analyst to hype the fandom. I find it too boring with repeatedly use of all this 'the debut of new girl group is expected ....." or "the new girl group will debut this year...." in every single financial report for the previous month. No action done by SM. How do they want people to believe ? Not a single pre-debut promotion

peachteam22

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,000

peachteam22

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,000
so this Indonesian influencer, Gabriella, is ex-sm trainee? this is basically confirmed that R-jing is indeed sm trainee because before R-jing deleted instagram acc, they're following each other and also have interaction on instagram.

I didn't take a screenshot but I saw it with my own eyes and still remember what they talked

Rjing is indeed a trainee. She was in South korea until Jan of 2020. But all of them went back to their home due to the pandemic. For some reason all the trainees from other Asia countries went back to south Korea but the trainees from US are still in their home.

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
Yes but she left a while ago and another one who name is melody also left last year.

omg she has such a unique visual :wow:
seeing all these ex-trainees makes me more n more excited for who'll actually debut

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
Rjing is indeed a trainee. She was in South korea until Jan of 2020. But all of them went back to their home due to the pandemic. For some reason all the trainees from other Asia countries went back to south Korea but the trainees from US are still in their home.
I mean given the US covid rates that's not entirely surprising...maybe that's part of the reason for the delays?

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her

Coraline123

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,400

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, I'm only asking because I'm genuinely curious; but how do you know things about trainees from other asian countries or the US? I thought sm trainees were supposed to be really private and not have any type of social media, except for the Chinese trainees who seem to be allowed to have weibos (but even then, they seem to be pretty inactive on them). Again, I don't mean to sound rude or anything, I'm asking because no one else seems to be doing so, but how exactly do you know about all these alleged sm trainees?

yerm

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, I'm only asking because I'm genuinely curious; but how do you know things about trainees from other asian countries or the US? I thought sm trainees were supposed to be really private and not have any type of social media, except for the Chinese trainees who seem to be allowed to have weibos (but even then, they seem to be pretty inactive on them). Again, I don't mean to sound rude or anything, I'm asking because no one else seems to be doing so, but how exactly do you know about all these alleged sm trainees?

You weren't asking me but I can answer. Basically, they do have social media accounts but they're private. Also, the people who tend to find out stuff about rumoured trainees reach out to friends of the trainees to find out info. I believe some ex-trainees have shared info to some people.

Personally, I only know about a collection of private Instagram accounts that I do not interact with but occasionally I'll check if they've changed their profile pics etc. Through Google searches, I know a few friends of some trainees but I also don't interact with them. A friend of mine is in contact with some people though which is how I find out more reliable info.

I can confirm I heard the foreign trainees minus Ning possibly went back home at the beginning of the year but haven't been able to return yet due to quarantine laws. This hasn't affected whether they are trainees or not. They have been training at home. I know nothing about Rjing but if she is a trainee still, this would apply to her too.

Coraline123

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,400
You weren't asking me but I can answer. Basically, they do have social media accounts but they're private. Also, the people who tend to find out stuff about rumoured trainees reach out to friends of the trainees to find out info. I believe some ex-trainees have shared info to some people.

Personally, I only know about a collection of private Instagram accounts that I do not interact with but occasionally I'll check if they've changed their profile pics etc. Through Google searches, I know a few friends of some trainees but I also don't interact with them. A friend of mine is in contact with some people though which is how I find out more reliable info.

I can confirm I heard the foreign trainees minus Ning possibly went back home at the beginning of the year but haven't been able to return yet due to quarantine laws. This hasn't affected whether they are trainees or not. They have been training at home. I know nothing about Rjing but if she is a trainee still, this would apply to her too.

Oh ok, thank you for verifying; but if their private, how do you know that they are sm trainees and how can you possibly know who their friends are cause don't you need to be public on instagram to check who someone is following? I mean isn't it a bit sus if some random person just like dms you and says that their friends with a sm trainee and wouldn't there be more info on social media if an ex trainee were to reveal something?

Last edited:

yerm

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
Oh ok, thank you for verifying; but if their private, how do you know that they are sm trainees and how can you possibly know who their friends are cause don't you need to be public on instagram to check who someone is following? I mean isn't it a bit sus if some random person just like dms you and says that their friends with a sm trainee and wouldn't there be more info on social media if an ex trainee were to reveal something?

Originally, someone linked me to some accounts claiming they belonged to SM trainees. You're right, you can't check followers or anything if they're private so I Google the name of the account in speech marks - like "yerm" - and with Instagram after it if the name is super vague and there are a bunch of websites for viewing Instagram that cached the follower lists of public accounts. The Google search shows places where the search term I used appear in lists like these. Basically it's check a public account for private followers instead of checking a private account.

With the ex-trainee stuff, I don't personally talk to any of them but I think they only say vague things in dms if people promise not to publicly share because ex-trainees aren't allowed to publicly reveal any details about their experience at SM. And I guess the people who dm ex-trainees wouldn't want to share the info anyway since it exposes how deeply they're contacting people?

The kind of stuff I've seen ex-trainees share in dms are like "[trainee] is really kind and sings well".

I hope this is helpful.

peachteam22

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,000

Pretty much what @yerm said. Also not all trainees are full time, some only train during holidays and they are pretty active on social media whilst staying low key. Apparently they only have to turn in their phone during practice and lessons/ only when they train so they have pretty much access to social media most of the time. Of course they don't go around and boost about they are trainees and stuff.

Bellamy

Be strong, be brave〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,740,964
Pronouns
She/Her
Nothing says they can’t
Exactly this.

Before i was stubborn expecting a 7 members group but, after checking the Red Velvet thread in OH, now i wouldn't be surprised if SM debut a smaller group again...it's SM after all...

Sigh....this thread looks like that thread so much....especially the part when people are expecting a large group+wanting the older trainees to debut (I can relate to those who expected Seungyeon debuting in RV, because i felt the same about Koeun and Lami).

Surprisingly i'm losing hopes for an August debut....maybe September/October?....is it posible a winter debut?...as a previous comment said...it's the same report saying the same thing...but SM is so silent...i don't know if is good or bad.
I guess it's better like this, when they drop the announcement or the first teaser, i'll be more excited.

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740
I honestly wouldn't lose hope for an August debut. If trainees from other countries situated in Asia are going back to Korea this could be a good sign that the debut is gearing up. Of course any American trainees could hold them back a bit but it could also be a situation similar to Yeri being added later or they could be introduced right away but not promote due to the current situation worsening in America.

peachteam22

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭10,000
I dont know if this is true or not but I guess some people can chip in on this, I heard something like the debut members never went back to their home or they returned to SM earlier than the trainees. I remember someone mentioned that in the discord. I dont exactly remember which one the user said.

yerm

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
I dont know if this is true or not but I guess some people can chip in on this, I heard something like the debut members never went back to their home or they returned to SM earlier than the trainees. I remember someone mentioned that in the discord. I dont exactly remember which one the user said.

I haven't heard that tbh but it could be right

itzy

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭204,385
Controversial opinion but I don't think Hina or NingNing are going to be in the group. I think the only girl that we know of who'll debut is Jimin. I'm not saying I want this, because if it were up to me I would've wanted the girl group 2 years ago, but I just see this being the case.

punknight

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭43,095
Controversial opinion but I don't think Hina or NingNing are going to be in the group. I think the only girl that we know of who'll debut is Jimin. I'm not saying I want this, because if it were up to me I would've wanted the girl group 2 years ago, but I just see this being the case.
I agree
Honesty I would be very surprised if NingNing and Hina debut.
I hope at least Jimin makes it, but I'm not even sure about her

lofti

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭295,490
Yea I also have this bad feeling that Hina and Ningning aren't going to debut. But I'm still hopeful. They haven't opened any social media so there's that. I feel like Ningning would've posted something on weibo at least.
Out of all the girls Jimin is most likely to debut but I'm still not 100% sure she will.

Coraline123

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,400
Am I the only one that thinks that sm might debut a 4-7 member girl group as opposed to a 9-12 member one? There are already two well known girl groups in the kpop industry with 9 members, which are SNSD and twice; i feel like if sm did another 9 member girl group, they would get compared way too much to their seniors. People originally thought Red Velvet was going to be a large group as well, and if if you go back to the old onehallyu thread for Red Velvet, there was apparently a rumor that they were going to be 14 members, which was far from accurate. Also I don't think the group is going to be more than nine members because its doesn't seem like sm debuts a really large group without reason. Super junior was originally supposed to have a rotational concept like nct, that' s why I think they debuted so many members at once so they could introduce as many people to the public as they wanted, but that kind of backfired on them when super junior fans got really mad and sm decided to keep the original thirteen. Sm also debuted exo with the intention of having two different units, exo-m and exo-k, one that would promote in Korea and the other that would promote in China, and but that also kind of backfired on them and sm sorta combined them. If you look at th exo's earlier mvs from their debut, exo-k only sang and mostly appeared in the Korean version, while exo-m only sang the Chinese version. I don't think sm is going to the multiple unit thing with the girl group because i don't think it works that well and it took Nct quite a while to get some recognition, and yet I don't consider them as popular as their predecessors (no offense). Also, when you think about sm could of added more members into 127 and made it into a 11-12 member group. Kun and Ten were basically doing nothing for a while and before no one knew about renjun and chenle, so they actually could of added Jaemin and Jeno into the group, both who were the same age as Haechan. Jisung could of been added to the group as well because even though he was 14 at the time of their debut, so was Taemin from Shinee. Nct 127 a;ready have a problem with line distribution as it is (although it has gotten a little better), but more members would have mad it worse. I don't think that the group will be five members because that would mean to five member girl groups back to back, so I have feeling that it either might be 4,6, or 7, or I could be completely wrong making this whole post unnecessary. Sm could actually do a four member group when you think about it, all their four member girl groups flopped when you think about it (ex: MILK, Sugar, and the Grace), and Red Velvet was initially 4 a member group, so it may be something that they really want to work. I mean as long as they have a completely different concept, I don't think that they'll be compared to blackpink. The members might also have more individual recognition in an already saturated market. Again this is my opinion and I could be completely wrong, and also sorry for the extremely lengthy post. Also, I don't know if anything I wrote makes any sense, so sorry if anyone loses brain cells from reading this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom