aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
OHH... true what I meant is if she is still with SM, let say the video belong to the dance academy. they most likely need approve from SM to let Netflix to use it if Hina is in the line up. As far as I know SM always are quite strict on those trainees preparing to debut's videos.
idk I'm pretty sure once they gave the initial permission to ABC to film the footage wouldn't belong to them anymore and YG would just need to ask ABC like...if bbc girl or debuts/leaves I don't think they can make bbc delete or not distribute the documentary. Not that it matters though.

Mochiface

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭43,100
I really think the last scene in NCT MV " make a wish" is related to SMNGG
because a snippet from the MV of from home was released after immortal song and it doesn't look at all like the last scene of make a wish mv

the aesthetic is completely different

Bellamy

Be strong, be brave〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,663,464
Pronouns
She/Her
It's just a rumor....i hope.....

Onyuraee

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,500
Since Hina left sm is really surprise me because she's main dancer 😬
I'm curious who will be main dancer in lineup.. feeling like it's korean again

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
Since Hina left sm is really surprise me because she's main dancer 😬
I'm curious who will be main dancer in lineup.. feeling like it's korean again
tbh it's kinda hard to imagine smngg having a Japanese member who isn't Hina since she was the only known Japanese person in SM apart from Yuta for so long...especially a main dancer member we'll see though-

punknight

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭43,095
I'm so curious about debut date
SM themselves confirmed in August 2020 that they would debut a new nct project and smngg this year, so I'm inclined to believe that it will still happen this year
But looking at the schedule... We have at the very least nct album part 2, Taemin album part 2, some Super Junior unit/solo comeback that was confirmed by one of the members. And we have the high chances of Kai solo. So where's the damn space for smngg?

Yupuplover

Senpai Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,708,428
I'm so curious about debut date
SM themselves confirmed in August 2020 that they would debut a new nct project and smngg this year, so I'm inclined to believe that it will still happen this year
But looking at the schedule... We have at the very least nct album part 2, Taemin album part 2, some Super Junior unit/solo comeback that was confirmed by one of the members. And we have the high chances of Kai solo. So where's the damn space for smngg?
Actually SM can slot SMNGG in any timeslot. Is common for SM having their artists cb back to back. Secondly , I think you don't have to worry about SJ since most of SJ unit/solo cb will not affect SMNGG even if SJ comeback as a group, it won't affect SMNGG. SJ handles their own promotion. SM mainly just helped in confirmation or getting things done for the membersThirdly, SM ever debuted new grp with their senior artists who having their cb.

The issue is not about schedule. WHAT IS SM AIM FOR SMNGG/ WHAT SM WANT SMNGG TO ACHEIVE? The way they keep delaying is also a question. if they kept telling their investor & media the lineup are ready

punknight

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭43,095
Actually SM can slot SMNGG in any timeslot. Is common for SM having their artists cb back to back. Secondly , I think you don't have to worry about SJ since most of SJ unit/solo cb will not affect SMNGG even if SJ comeback as a group, it won't affect SMNGG. SJ handles their own promotion. SM mainly just helped in confirmation or getting things done for the membersThirdly, SM ever debuted new grp with their senior artists who having their cb.

The issue is not about schedule. WHAT IS SM AIM FOR SMNGG/ WHAT SM WANT SMNGG TO ACHEIVE? The way they keep delaying is also a question. if they kept telling their investor & media the lineup are ready
Then I'm really really hoping for early November. If not, I personally would rather January

Onyuraee

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,500
tbh it's kinda hard to imagine smngg having a Japanese member who isn't Hina since she was the only known Japanese person in SM apart from Yuta for so long...especially a main dancer member we'll see though-
I agree, If rumors about that japanese trainee Rino turn out be true. she seems vocal for me but problem is we didn't have any info about dancer line except vocal line we been know.

camille

MY | ningmeng Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭139,931
Personally I'm not worried about dance line. Seeing a Japanese member (assuming they have one) will be weird at first but we'll get used to it. And SM gave up the SMROOKIES project so we barely know any of their trainees. They must have some really good dancers we don't know about. And even if they don't I wouldn't mind it, I like SM artists for their vocals not for their dance

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740
Personally I'm not worried about dance line. Seeing a Japanese member (assuming they have one) will be weird at first but we'll get used to it. And SM gave up the SMROOKIES project so we barely know any of their trainees. They must have some really good dancers we don't know about. And even if they don't I wouldn't mind it, I like SM artists for their vocals not for their dance
While I also wouldn't mind it because I prefer stronger vocals over anything, unfortunately the current girl group market requires good dancing. A lot of girl groups are mainly focusing on choreography over vocals. If they don't have strong dancers they'll be met with even more backlash than they already will be just coming from SM. But with that said I'm in no way worried about this group dance wise, SM's dancers are some of the best in the industry with iconic female dance lines like Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Yuri and Yoona in SNSD, Victoria and Luna in f(x), and Seulgi and Irene and RV. Without a doubt they'll provide a good mix of all talents necessary for this group

punknight

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭43,095
Not sure how controversial this is, but I'm really worried about the whole "LOONA is the SMNGG testing ground" thing. I don't like what Lee Sooman has done with their title tracks at all.
Maybe SM (if smngg is a larger girlgroup) is giving Loona the concepts that are different from what they want for smngg, to make them distinct
Idk really

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
Not sure how controversial this is, but I'm really worried about the whole "LOONA is the SMNGG testing ground" thing. I don't like what Lee Sooman has done with their title tracks at all.
I'm not too worried about that based on the list and some of the other rumored snippets it seems like the girls with have more traditional SM sound. I think LSM just uses Loona for his weirder songs that don't fit any current SM artist. I agree to missing elegant Loona though.
Maybe SM (if smngg is a larger girlgroup) is giving Loona the concepts that are different from what they want for smngg, to make them distinct
Idk really
Honestly I've had this thought as well...like whenever someone wants the ngg to have a female nct/girl crush vibe I'm just like: isn't that what Loona's doing rn? Idk how much involvement LSM has w the girls at this point but I doubt they'd let him give a competitor the same concept they're planning for the ngg.

Vintaege

Cornucopia of useless informations
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭111,740
I have so many questions.

1. When did Hina leave exactly?
2. If with Koeun Lami and other ex trainees why she didn't open an ig before? Why we only know now she left?
3. If Hina left recently, is the lineup still not ready/only finalized recently?

Top Bottom