aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

itzy

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭204,385
So... uhh... given some recent SM girl group drama they might want to debut a new group sooner than they planned...
I don't think SM would intentionally debut them in the midst of the drama, more so that their plans for their debut happened to fall into the same time the drama occurred, which seems to happen a lot whenever a new group is coming out of SM. I don't see this recent news being prolonged, especially since the idol in question has apologized now.

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭260,700
So... uhh... given some recent SM girl group drama they might want to debut a new group sooner than they planned...

I was going to say that and I came accross some similar comments

To end the cycle finally
:LOL:

지우____

JYP & SM stan. SR20G JYP20G enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭90,150
I don't think SM would intentionally debut them in the midst of the drama, more so that their plans for their debut happened to fall into the same time the drama occurred, which seems to happen a lot whenever a new group is coming out of SM. I don't see this recent news being prolonged, especially since the idol in question has apologized now.
She apologised yeah but her career in S.Korea is most likely over. Knetz didn’t take her apology fr and are still hating on her. Her article is trending high in Naver Theqoo and Instiz.

if SM is smart enough, it’s a great time to debut the GG now

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740
She apologised yeah but her career in S.Korea is most likely over. Knetz didn’t take her apology fr and are still hating on her. Her article is trending high in Naver Theqoo and Instiz.

Her career will be far from over, with multiple stylists coming to her defence. Its just people who didn't like her already jumping on the opportunity to try and bury her deeper. SM would also be stupid to debut the girls right now with all this going on because it'll just seem like they were trying to cover it up. If they learned anything from Red Velvet's debut its don't push a debut forward to cover up an issue in the company. It didn't bode well for them in the first year because both promotion cycles were deemed as cover ups for f(x) and other "scandals" and it had a lot of SM stans turning against them.

itzy

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭204,385

Her career is definitely not over. There have been controversies far worse than hers and they've made it out unscathed. Worst case scenario she loses a bit of popularity, but it'll bounce back in the future. Also, if the past hasn't proven anything, debuting a group based solely on the fact that your current artists are having controversy after controversy, it'll just make for a messy debut. The girls deserve to debut when it's been carefully thought out and planned, not rushed because SM wants to use them for damage control.

지우____

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭90,150
Her career will be far from over, with multiple stylists coming to her defence. Its just people who didn't like her already jumping on the opportunity to try and bury her deeper. SM would also be stupid to debut the girls right now with all this going on because it'll just seem like they were trying to cover it up. If they learned anything from Red Velvet's debut its don't push a debut forward to cover up an issue in the company. It didn't bode well for them in the first year because both promotion cycles were deemed as cover ups for f(x) and other "scandals" and it had a lot of SM stans turning against them.
More then 10 different staff members liked the post and agreed with OP. Even popular stylists and big names that work with BlackPink and Twice agreed with OP. And these people actually defended When everyone accused Seulgi first and only said nice things about Seulgi.

Knetz want her to drop out from her upcoming Movie and won’t support the group if it includes Irene so her career in South Korea is over

Edit: I mean making an old woman who’s 15 years your senior shake and cry and rant and scream at her for 20 minutes is unprofessional. OP had recorded it too and Irene basically admitted it in her apology and “promised” that she would reflect and learn from it. If it wasn’t true she wouldn’t have apologised nor would SM have made a statement about the issue

A Re-Edit:

celebrities like HyunA got kicked out because of dating, Jessica got kicked out for starting a business even though she got approval. They are way harsher on female idols and a lot of people didn’t like Irene already.
a list of the most prominent people who liked the stylist's insta post (tell me if I made a mistake) :

• rv's coordi
  • rv's backdancer
  • editor for vogue's september issue who worked with irene recently
  • industry-leading photographers hong janghyun & kim heejun (Kim Heejun is one of the stylist of BlackPink and a well respected person in the industry).
  • boa & shinee's coordi
  • industry-leading nail artist unistella
  • marie claire, GQ, singles, IZE magazine editors
  • models from esteem
  • sm video director
  • makeup artist for a beauty pictorial irene did
  • Movie staf

Last edited:

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740
More then 20 different staff members (excluding her back dancers) liked the post and agreed with OP. Even popular stylists and big names that work with BlackPink and Twice agreed with OP. And these people actually defended When everyone accused Seulgi first and only said nice things about Seulgi.

Knetz want her to drop out from her upcoming Movie and won’t support the group if it includes Irene so her career in South Korea is over

Edit: I mean making an old woman who’s 15 years your senior shake and cry and rant and scream at her for 20 minutes is unprofessional. OP had recorded it too and Irene basically admitted it in her apology and “promised” that she would reflect and learn from it. If it wasn’t true she wouldn’t have apologised nor would SM have made a stammer about the issue
Celebrities have bounced back from far worse, knetz saying they wont support the group can't be the only ones we take into consideration. I don't disagree with you it was unprofessional no matter what fault the stylist played in causing it, but I wouldn't say her career will be over.

Regardless, going back to what you said about now being a good time for the girls to debut I do still think regardless of how the Irene situation plays out now isn't a good time as it'll just look like a cover up.

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
I really don't think it'll make a difference if they debut now or not, if SM is serious about the girl's debuting this year than everything should 100% be ready by now, as usually filming and recording takes place at least a month in advance. Frankly w the amount of time they've had since the announcement if the debut comes off as rushed at this point it'd be due to pure incompetence.

As for the girls image, as mentioned this has happened before with RV and while it affected their debut they got back on their feet quickly with ICC and subsequent releases. The problem with Happiness was not just the timing of the release but the fact that the song was not general public friendly and the MV initially included 9/11 imagery, so ofc both international fans and knetz would side-eye the whole thing. If smngg has a better song and non-offensive mv they'd already be in a much better place than RV was. The kinds of SM stans who would hate them for their debut time are the same kinds who say stuff like 'pay attention to your current artists!!' or still believe the Jimin rumor despite the evidence. So I don't think it's worth it to hold off the debut for them assuming they're ready. Especially, since RV proved they'll just get over it.

Last edited:

지우____

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭90,150
Celebrities have bounced back from far worse, knetz saying they wont support the group can't be the only ones we take into consideration. I don't disagree with you it was unprofessional no matter what fault the stylist played in causing it, but I wouldn't say her career will be over.

Regardless, going back to what you said about now being a good time for the girls to debut I do still think regardless of how the Irene situation plays out now isn't a good time as it'll just look like a cover up.
Yeah I really do understand your point but this was a huge blow and Knetz are only defending Wendy and Seulgi at the moment;;;;, her article is still trending and the site crashed multiple times because so many people were there at once. The amount of comments is a lot too. Even if she survives this (which is a miracle( the whole group popularity would have for sure tanked a lot,
Besides RV they don’t have a gg that is popular among the GP

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
Yeah I really do understand your point but this was a huge blow and Knetz are only defending Wendy and Seulgi at the moment;;;;, her article is still trending and the site crashed multiple times because so many people were there at once. The amount of comments is a lot too. Even if she survives this (which is a miracle( the whole group popularity would have for sure tanked a lot,
off topic but remind me again why knetz hate joyri so much...is it just bc Yeri has friends/lazy-danced once, Joy's a bad actress, and they acted "rude" on MOAM...where every1 is rude...like maybe I'm missing something but I don't think any of those things are comparable to Irene :NayeonDisgust:

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740
I really don't think it'll make a difference if they debut now or not, if SM is serious about the girl's debuting this year than everything should 100% be ready by now, as usually filming and recording takes place at least a month in advance. Frankly w the amount of time they've had since the announcement if the debut comes off as rushed at this point it'd be due to pure incompetence.

As for the girls image as mentioned this has happened before with RV and while it affected their debut they got back on their feet quickly with ICC and subsequent releases. The problem with Happiness was not just the timing of the release but the fact that the song was not general public friendly and the MV initially included 9/11 imagery, so ofc both international fans and knetz would side-eye the whole thing. If smngg has a better song and non-offensive mv they'd already be in a much better place than RV was. The kinds of SM stans who would hate them for their debut time are the same kinds who say stuff like 'pay attention to your current artists!!' or still believe the Jimin rumor despite the evidence. So I don't think it's worth it to hold off the debut for them assuming they're ready. Especially, since RV proved they'll just get over it.
This is very true, and lack of preparation or mishandling will just boil down to SM's own incompetence and not learning from past mistakes. I think if they're debuting sometime mid-late November they'll be in the clear. I think the issue with RV too was that if I'm remembering correctly it was almost like as soon as they announced f(x) was wrapping up early RV was debuting which didn't bode well timing wise. At least with these girls there would be no subsequent promotions ending for the girls to start. That and like you said, and SM stan who does hate them unnecessarily would more than likely hate them regardless.
Oh for sure I don't doubt this will hurt them and SM needs to think of their next moves very hard. But at the end of the day as sad as it is Irene, Joy and Yeri have always and will aways have targets on their backs in Korea for simply existing.
From what I've seen the OP has forgiven the statements from Irene and SM and said she hopes Irene will change for the better? I may be seeing false information but only time will tell I suppose.
off topic but remind me again why knetz hate joyri so much...is it just bc Yeri has friends/lazy-danced once, Joy's a bad actress, and they acted "rude" on MOAM...where every1 is rude...like maybe I'm missing something but I don't think any of those things are comparable to Irene :NayeonDisgust:
Fairly certain those are the only reasons, aside from ot4 fans just hating Yeri for breathing the same air as the other girls simply because she was added late and is "talentless" to their standards.

지우____

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭90,150
If I am being honest with you. I have 0 clues :,) they always had a hate boner for joy and their mood switch’s the whole time. One day they adore her and the next day she is the most hated person :(

lofti

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭295,490
Even though Irene still has fans supporting her, I think her image is now completely ruined in Korea. The issue seems to have gotten really big. This is not like other scandals where the idol did something out of ignorance. Unless something else comes out about the situation I don't see Irene surviving this because attitude scandals stick hard when it comes to female celebrities. rn I'm being open minded like I am with all scandals and waiting to see if more information comes out later on because there's definitely more to the story.

In regards to smngg, even before irene's scandal i've been thinking that they'll drop smngg announcement soon. With the whole situation now they should really wait a couple of weeks and then drop an announcement. idk how sm will approach this. use smngg news to cover up the scandal which will be unlikely as the scandal is already way too big. Or postpone smngg news to avoid a cover up scandal.

I've been thinking that 2020 will be smngg news and predebut activities and then 2021 will be debut and I'm still gonna stick by this. I feel like smngg will drop something this year, even if its not a debut.

Liquorish

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,000
They give the two of them a hard time for no particular reason, as far as I know. Yeri has been dealing with mean comments from the get go, literally just because she was added to the group later, and that's kinda folded over to about anything she does ever. Joy's case is even weirder because it's very much "pretty girl let's hate on her", but her so called bad acting did give netizens the opportunity to unleash all the negativity they'd been holding on to with a "reason" so that's that.

SwolMingyu

☾ #1 Meanie Stan ☾ Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,740
Even though Irene still has fans supporting her, I think her image is now completely ruined in Korea. The issue seems to have gotten really big. This is not like other scandals where the idol did something out of ignorance. Unless something else comes out about the situation I don't see Irene surviving this because attitude scandals stick hard when it comes to female celebrities. rn I'm being open minded like I am with all scandals and waiting to see if more information comes out later on because there's definitely more to the story.

In regards to smngg, even before irene's scandal i've been thinking that they'll drop smngg announcement soon. With the whole situation now they should really wait a couple of weeks and then drop an announcement. idk how sm will approach this. use smngg news to cover up the scandal which will be unlikely as the scandal is already way too big. Or postpone smngg news to avoid a cover up scandal.

I've been thinking that 2020 will be smngg news and predebut activities and then 2021 will be debut and I'm still gonna stick by this. I feel like smngg will drop something this year, even if its not a debut.
I feel like she'll be regarded the same as Jessica and Krystal were. Always viewed as cold and rude when they're just doing their own thing. Of course there are times these views are warranted and with people speaking out against Irene it's clear she does have some sort of an attitude... Maybe I'm not aware fully how bad its getting in Korea but Jennie was getting similar backlash when she was getting called lazy and everyone thought she was "above" Blackpink. In a weird twist Korea loves dragging women but will always claim those same women as visual icons ala Krystal.

I've had a feeling for awhile the debut might get pushed back to early 2021, I hope not but we'll see. November is the last month I can realistically see them debuting this year.
They give the two of them a hard time for no particular reason, as far as I know. Yeri has been dealing with mean comments from the get go, literally just because she was added to the group later, and that's kinda folded over to about anything she does ever. Joy's case is even weirder because it's very much "pretty girl let's hate on her", but her so called bad acting did give netizens the opportunity to unleash all the negativity they'd been holding on to with a "reason" so that's that.
I'll never forget Yeri crying during Dumb Dumb era, that's when fans were really going all out on her...

Onyuraee

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,500
If Rv won't have comeback until next year or whatever years.. which artist/group have comeback in november or december?
I heard Nct is on november for albun 2nd part.

Top Bottom