strawberry skin

sirena

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,440
hey , so just like the title says i have strawberry skin , particularly on my legs , and i am pretty insecure about it . i want to ask if any of you has tips to get rid of it naturally ( i am too broke to afford anything else)
i use tea tree oil , jojoba oil and coconut oil ( will it work ?)

dannyy

The limit is inside your mind.
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,030
hey , so just like the title says i have strawberry skin , particularly on my legs , and i am pretty insecure about it . i want to ask if any of you has tips to get rid of it naturally ( i am too broke to afford anything else)
i use tea tree oil , jojoba oil and coconut oil ( will it work ?)

I'm sorry if I'm kind of unfamiliar with this, but what do you mean about strawberry skin?

sirena

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,440
I'm sorry if I'm kind of unfamiliar with this, but what do you mean about strawberry skin?
They are enlarged pores or hair follicles that contain oil, bacteria and dead skin. During shaving, some of the hair may not be fully removed leading to ingrown hairs. Upon the hair follicle’s exposure to air and melanin, they may change color and appear dark. More so the ingrown hairs may be subject to clogging and inflammation.
they look like small pink dots ( sorry for not providing an image but most pics on google are gross and awfully exagerated )

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,610
Chemical exfoliation is the best treatment for your case
Try THE ORDINARY Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution (It's actually a face toner but I used it on my legs and it works perfectly) or AMELIORATE Transforming Body Lotion, both are great products and it depends on your preference
I prefer AMELIORATE body lotion only because with the ordinary one you need to apply a body lotion/oil to moisturize your skin but the ordinary has a great price tag if you are on a budget

rosie

• ♔ • Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭17,750
If there's no infection (e.g. pus build up), maybe you could consider physical exfoliators! Those exfoliating gloves are quite good and can remove dead skin to unclog any pores on large, less-sensitive areas. Do this while you're showering, when your skin is softer. Then use a light moisturiser after. I'm not well-versed with chemical exfoliators so I can't help you much there

dannyy

The limit is inside your mind.
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,030
They are enlarged pores or hair follicles that contain oil, bacteria and dead skin. During shaving, some of the hair may not be fully removed leading to ingrown hairs. Upon the hair follicle’s exposure to air and melanin, they may change color and appear dark. More so the ingrown hairs may be subject to clogging and inflammation.
they look like small pink dots ( sorry for not providing an image but most pics on google are gross and awfully exagerated )

Sorry for the late reply to this. Now, I think I kinda have a mental image right now about it, and yeah sadly, I don't know how to get rid of it as well, since I have some around my thighs and that makes me avoid to use any shorts or skirt altogether so I decided to only go with pants or long skirt. :(

If anyone has some suggestions, I'll be very open to it.

sirena

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,440
If there's no infection (e.g. pus build up), maybe you could consider physical exfoliators! Those exfoliating gloves are quite good and can remove dead skin to unclog any pores on large, less-sensitive areas. Do this while you're showering, when your skin is softer. Then use a light moisturiser after. I'm not well-versed with chemical exfoliators so I can't help you much there
Try exfoliating your skin on a regular basis.​
Sorry for the late reply to this. Now, I think I kinda have a mental image right now about it, and yeah sadly, I don't know how to get rid of it as well, since I have some around my thighs and that makes me avoid to use any shorts or skirt altogether so I decided to only go with pants or long skirt. :(

If anyone has some suggestions, I'll be very open to it.

AMELIORATE
thanks for the advices ❤

Top Bottom