Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down MV

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
I love this, it really colorful and have summer vibes, as always queen of pop snapped.

Btw is Colorfull music videos is trendy nowadays?
I feel like everyone is doing it

Dawn

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
don't like the song that much but it has a pretty good message.

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
I really don't like it, the song is pure boredom to me and the video and overal message seems a little bizarre considering where it's coming from. Taylor a whole grown straight woman taking up the fight for lgbtq+ rights in the most outdated fashion...not the best coming from someone with a fairly spotted past when it comes to homophobia.

Vox summed it up well imho, while I usually don't agree with them or read much of their trash, I think they hit the nail well enough on this one.

Swift is playing one of her worst games here: She’s linking criticism of her as a celebrity and as a musician with homophobic and anti-feminist bullying, and she’s suggesting that they’re all equally wrong

Marshmallow

Hallyu+'s favorite yoongi supremacist ❤️ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭51,925
I mean the song is fine and I like the message but I agree with what gobSIDES said.
:ughh:

Delphine

Certified Sommungchi Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,350
Yeah I like the song, the vibes and the obvious message it carries, but I defo question it as well for the other more subtle and more layered messages it carries. This Esquire article makes some very good point about that:

EDIT: But hey, at least this is good material for amazing gifs!

Top Bottom