GAME+ [FINISHED] The A-List Stylist Club

Chiharu

The Worst Girl in the World Events VIP+ Tenth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,050,232
Glad I got eliminated, cause I would have just flopped and probably not even bothered with this round, yhtgfd

BlueNose

Not to say that Im in love with you VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,195,600
Isn't that how it should be?

768416c9af6e18b0d23776c69b70f52f.gif
nnnnn true but im struggling!!
768416c9af6e18b0d23776c69b70f52f.gif

Chomiczewska

Hamster First Place HoE Chomi
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,587,599
I forgot to check these yesterday sksk :squirtlechristmas:
1st - Bchip just using Jaebeom's pic for hair for some reason sends me :bakacat:
2nd - I am glad Aki didn't made me do whatever this new theme is :Slime:

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
I forgot to check these yesterday sksk :squirtlechristmas:
1st - Bchip just using Jaebeom's pic for hair for some reason sends me :bakacat:
2nd - I am glad Aki didn't made me do whatever this new theme is :Slime:
Bchip decided jb's hair is hot as is. He knows his bias well! :yoosmile:

And heyyy. New theme is awesome. :taegun:

Bchip

ᴀ ʜ ɢ ᴀ s ᴇ Events VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,863,850
Pronouns
He/Him
@Baymax @OutroTearTheFirst @Bchip @Beefy @Panda @GreenLeaf @Saint Renjun

round_6.png

The world is changing as people are becoming more socially aware. Issues that used to be ignored are now coming to the forefront.
Pick a social issue that you wish to raise awareness about.
Your outfit needs to be based on the issue you pick. How well you incorporate the theme to the outfit matters.

An explanation as to why you picked your outfit and its components is compulsory.

Submit your outfit via PM.
Remember once you post, to copy the bbcode and send it in a new msg.

You have 2 days to design your outfits and submit them!

Time until 11th April 5pm EDT,10pm BST/ 12th April 6am KST

Countdown is below.

P.s. It goes without saying, do not include any drama or issues with other users into the submission. This is a game, let's all have fun and be in good spirits. :heartublob:
Aki, is the countdown right? Isn't 11th April 5pm EDT tomorrow? :sweat:

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
@Baymax @OutroTearTheFirst @Bchip @Beefy @Panda @GreenLeaf @Saint Renjun

Hey guys. I made a mistake in the timing. I said 48 hours but accidentally wrote the times for 72 hours though the countdown was right (I took the date off my clock but my timezone was ahead so I took the wrong date...)
Given the error is mine. The deadline will be as follows.
11th April 5pm EDT,10pm BST/ 12th April 6am KST
So you will have about 29 hours to submit.

I apologize for the mistake. :feelsblankie:

BlueNose

Not to say that Im in love with you VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,195,600
Wow I hadn’t even checked the thread at all, i went ok to the written time and then barely checked the forum since nnn

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
@Baymax @OutroTearTheFirst @Bchip @Beefy @Panda @BlueNose @Still Disappointed

Results
The final round asked players to make their outfits showcase a social issue they would want to raise awareness about. All players submitted outfits that were more than just a simple outfit. They were outfits that mattered.

As the game finally draws to a close.
Which of these outfits bags their designer the coveted prize?
Let's find out!

Do note to make things exciting, I will not be revealing my score for the outfits until the end. :rightt:

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
A @Saint Renjun

My social issue theme is islamophobia.

Islamophobia is the fear, hatred of, or prejudice against the Islamic religion or Muslims generally. Now the most visible members of the Muslim community are woman who wear the Hijab, so I wanted to make an outfit that incorporated the modesty rules within Islam that woman who wear the hijab tend to follow.

I picked a yin and yang Kimono to cover the sleeves and to emphasise that a woman is more than one thing, she may wear the Hijab and practice a certain religion but there's more to her, she has many layers.

My body my choice is a popular feminist slogan, more commonly associated with abortion restrictions and people love to believe their's only 1 type of muslim woman, the quiet , submissive, does as she's told, has right wing views type when we've seen every day whether on tv, at protests or in our own lives that that's simply not the case, plenty of muslim woman support and believe in a woman's right to choose and it actually parallels the belief that muslim woman are forced into the hijab when from my own personal experience, the muslim woman in my life who do wear the hijab have chosen to do so of their own accord. It's their body and it's their choice.

I paired the look up with a long yellow skirt that goes past the knees and cute black pumps

For accessories I went with feminist statements, a tote bag with the future is female written on it and a 'fight like a girl' pin our gender has always been thought of as the weaker sex and it's time that ends.

Finally instead of hair, I went with a yellow Hijab and make up that really focused on the eyes.

19.png

21.png

20.png

Mina - 7/10 - I really love the skirt and shoes, your outfit had powerful and important statements too. I'm not a fan of the wolf kimono, it ruins the whole look for me unfortunately. I see where you're coming from choosing it, but it's ugly imo.
Mocha - 4.5/10 - The kimono... really ain't it. It turned the whole look into a 2012 tumblr feminist but make it Naruto. On top of that I'm not really sure how well a kimono, a Japanese piece of clothing with Chinese philosophy symbols on it, ties with your issue. It's a meh from me.
Riri - 6/10 - I like the color scheme and the overall vibe but the jacket seems out of place with that kind of skirt.
Aki - X/10 - This issue strikes personally with me as it is something I have personally faced so thank you for bringing it in this round. Now the outfit itself is very cute. I like that you went with how in modern times people incorporate the hijab elements into the outfit. The yellow against back is very pretty. The skirt is gorgeous and I love the shirt and the feminist elements of the outfit too. While I do like why you picked the kimono, I do think it seems out of place with the rest of the outfit. I think you could have incorporated a bit of jewellery. Rings would have been a nice addition. The shoes and hijab itself is very cute and I love the makeup.

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
B @OutroTearTheFirst

I guess this is a semi-new issue in my area (maybe just more intense now than before). So, with this virus, I topic that can be brought up (at least where I live) is the lack of care for the public health (by members of the public). There is a stigma against people that take safety precautions such as wearing masks or staying home as often as possible (even tho it is recommended). People will look at you funny or maybe say something not so nice if you wear a mask. Some people don't take the situation very seriously (still going to parks, having parties, etc.), so this outfit is a way of getting the message across.

PART A:

template_15.png

Alrighty. So, although this topic can be scary and depressing, I wanted to keep the colors light. Yellow is a color of positivity and happiness so I wanted my clothing to express a more optimistic future. The jacket would be open, not buttoned-up. The shirt would be tucked into the pants.

PART B:

template_12.png

My model would obviously wear this when she is going out for essential things only because she is responsible. Not all masks have to look drab, so for those that don't wanna wear them because they are perceived as ugly, my model will showcase that your mask can look bright and cheerful. Since she isn't going out to get her nails done, she did it at home which is why there is no design.

PART C:

template_13.png

No lipstick is needed since her mouth will be covered with a mask, so that is just lip balm. I chose a simple eye look since my model won't be out for very long.

Mina - 5/10 - It's a nice but plain outfit. The yellow pants stick out in a bad way, I would have chosen a lighter shade of yellow or another color that suits the rest of the look more.
Mocha - 4/10 - I feel like this is a very underwhelming outfit, once you take the t-shirt and the mask out of the picture it could be anyone's Monday at the office fit. Also, not a fan of these shoes. Next!
Riri - 5/10 - It's a nice idea but the individual pieces look a bit cheap or like they won't work well together.
Aki - X/10 - Hmmm. So I think the idea is really good and I am glad you picked an issue which is affecting many of us atm. The problem i have with the outfit is that while some elements work, example the tee shirt is really cute and I love the details in the jewelry(the house pendant is a very good addition), Some elements fall flat. The coat is too plain. The ear rings are not that good looking. While the yellow in the pants do stick out I think they go well with the mask you picked. The mask is definitely the most interesting element of the outfit. And it's kind of sad that it is the case because this is the final round but you've given a standard casual outfit with a cool mask.

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
C @Beefy

For my social issue/statement, I chose Air Pollution. I chose a dress with a pretty tree/environmental design, to represent our natural atmosphere. Then the raincoat is used to represent smog and how it ruins our beautiful environment (because the dress can is obscured from view). Finally, I used a mask which a hallmark symbol of pollution. Overall, I tried to keep a grey and blue theme going to match the color of a polluted sky.

Untitled-6.png

g5VMRl9.png

Untitled-9.png

Mina - 7/10 - I like the color scheme and the individual pieces put together. Since the dress takes up so much attention in the outfit, I liked that you chose not to include much else. The raincoat could've easily been switched for a grey coat, but since you had an idea I won't give it too much thought lol. I don't really think that make-up and hair would fit or look good with this outfit.
Mocha - 8.5/10 - Ooo, I really like this. The design on the dress is gorgeous, the only thing that I dislike about it is whatever it has going around the bust but it's not a major issue. I also wish you went with a full white hair situation, instead of the ombre & something bluer for the makeup... but that's fine. The outfit itself is still fire.
Riri - 6.5/10 - I'm not a big fan of that dress i feel like you could've chosen something less rigid when it comes to the silhouette, something more "airy" and free.
Aki - X/10 - Okay So first off I love this! Yes, the bust of the dress isn't the prettiest but I love the painted village in a forest that's there on the bottom of the dress. The entire outfit looks like a clean beautiful village and when you put that raincoat on top it sends the message of pollution home. I love how you went with a creative take and this is what I was expecting this round. The shoes are cute and I am glad you went with something plain because it just lets the dress take the spotlight as it should. Now the accessories, I love the earrings and the bracelet. The mask however... it just looks so harsh and massive. I truly despise it. I wish you had gone for a different design. While I like the ombre hair and I think it goes really well with your theme, I do think you could have gone for a blue toned gray cause the grays you picked for the makeup and hair are warm toned. And it doesn't suit the rest of the outfit and jewelry. Also the black in the hair is too harsh for the outfit. I think a white and grey ombre would have worked better than the black with grey. Plus there is also the mask which covers up like half the makeup. If the makeup and hair had a slightly different colour and you had a different mask or removed it entirely this would have been a 10 from me.

Top Bottom