The Animal Crossing thread

BlessMeAchoo

Excuse My Charisma
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭58,100

Seeing as we got a preview of the new Animal Crossing game at E3, I thought I may as well make a thread to discuss all things Animal Crossing!

I'm kind of bummed that it's being delayed, but I'd rather that compared to Nintendo rushing it and putting out a half finished game of sub-par quality. I can't wait for it to be released though.

What did you guys think of the new game?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Baymax and usshi

Chu

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,038,898
ayy i was just thinking we should have an animal crossing thread

agreed, i don't mind waiting if it means improving the quality
i'm waiting to see more features on the map cos no way this is just it
also, i saw an airplane symbol on the map in the gameplay at e3, what's that all about?
:lurk2:

Delphine

Certified Sommungchi
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,350
I'm just happy the satanic ritual finally fucking worked y'all!

I don't mind waiting a bit more for this. Crunch is a serious problem in the video game industry, I like my game devs socially happy, well-fed and well-rested.

BlessMeAchoo

Excuse My Charisma
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭58,100
ayy i was just thinking we should have an animal crossing thread

agreed, i don't mind waiting if it means improving the quality
i'm waiting to see more features on the map cos no way this is just it
also, i saw an airplane symbol on the map in the gameplay at e3, what's that all about?
:lurk2:
Maybe you can take a plane to the shops or something because I'm worried at the lack of Able sisters etc.

Reactions: Chu

Frandae

Alchemist
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,583,505
Yaaas it's nice to see more Animal Crossing fans!

As for the latest video where they showed a short gameplay I'm reaaaaally excited tbh; the part where the villager used a pole to cross the river? I was shook lmao

I'm not that excited that the area is a deserted island tbh, I don't know it feels kinda limited? I saw a plane icon on the map when they were showing the gameplay; I hope that one lets us go to a big ass city with a lot of amazing stuff tbh

As for now it feels like Pocket Camp tbh but I'm sure they'll get more new features so I'm not that worried. I can't wait for 2020!

BlessMeAchoo

Excuse My Charisma
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭58,100
Yaaas it's nice to see more Animal Crossing fans!

As for the latest video where they showed a short gameplay I'm reaaaaally excited tbh; the part where the villager used a pole to cross the river? I was shook lmao

I'm not that excited that the area is a deserted island tbh, I don't know it feels kinda limited? I saw a plane icon on the map when they were showing the gameplay; I hope that one lets us go to a big ass city with a lot of amazing stuff tbh

As for now it feels like Pocket Camp tbh but I'm sure they'll get more new features so I'm not that worried. I can't wait for 2020!
Yes, that part with the pole is a great idea, I'm glad we won't have to waste time walking all the way around to a bridge just to across the river anymore.

Reactions: Frandae

roseychu

Idol
Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭338,450
I'm totally hyped. I like the mobile game but...it's repetitive for me...and you have to buy stuff and no. I want one on my switch dang it

Reactions: BlessMeAchoo

BlessMeAchoo

Excuse My Charisma
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭58,100
I'm totally hyped. I like the mobile game but...it's repetitive for me...and you have to buy stuff and no. I want one on my switch dang it
Yeah I did like Pocket camp at first, but it got difficult to get anywhere without spending money (which I'm not going to do) so I stopped using it eventually.

usshi

wherever you go, i'll follow
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,500
The map looked so tiny in the preview, how do they expect up to 8 players to live on that small map with villagers and stores?
I sincerely hope they make this game have a large living area + additional shopping areas

But holy hell I am excited to decorate outside! I've always wanted a true garden with a white picket fence and chairs outside my house and now I can finally have it :D

Chu

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,038,898
The map looked so tiny in the preview, how do they expect up to 8 players to live on that small map with villagers and stores?
I sincerely hope they make this game have a large living area + additional shopping areas

But holy hell I am excited to decorate outside! I've always wanted a true garden with a white picket fence and chairs outside my house and now I can finally have it :D
exactly, that's why i'm hoping what they showed is just a small area of a larger map
whew i'm just excited for all the paths i'm going to make around the island
:peepopbirthday:

usshi

wherever you go, i'll follow
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,500
exactly, that's why i'm hoping what they showed is just a small area of a larger map
whew i'm just excited for all the paths i'm going to make around the island
:peepopbirthday:
Making paths was one of my favorite things to do and I loved going to towns with nice paths!
Ahh this game inspires so much creativity, the most fun will be visiting other islands imo

Reactions: Chu

Baymax

(•—•)
Shop+
Fourth Place HoE
First Place Elite
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,600
I'm always looking forward to Animal Crossing so I'm hyped for this! ♡
I just know I'm going to spend literal hours on the paths (and probably get bored of it after a week and redo them).

I also read that Mr. Resetti isn't going to be doing his usual yelling at you for forgetting to save in New Horizons but now I'm curious to see what "role" he might have now. He's lowkey annoying but still an iconic character to me.
:sejeongcry:

IM HYPED tiMe To GeT a sWitCH??????
Get one!
:darkkermit:

yerm

電気です
Graphics Lead
Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,734,756
I have never played Animal Crossing, only that app, but I'm hoping to play the new one when it's out (if I have money)!

emily

개냥이
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭23,750
it looks sooo good :sejeongcry: finally my switch will have a purpose. honestly i'm pretty uncreative so having so much choice is a little scary but i'm really curious to know everything new about it

seolar

Nugu
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,472
I'm always looking forward to Animal Crossing so I'm hyped for this! ♡
I just know I'm going to spend literal hours on the paths (and probably get bored of it after a week and redo them).

I also read that Mr. Resetti isn't going to be doing his usual yelling at you for forgetting to save in New Horizons but now I'm curious to see what "role" he might have now. He's lowkey annoying but still an iconic character to me.
:sejeongcry:

Get one!
:darkkermit:
Maybe in March haha

purelusts

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
i almost bought a 3ds xl so i could play new leaf... i was getting so impatient. but the news saved me some major $$$ and i found an emulator coughs

Baymax

(•—•)
Shop+
Fourth Place HoE
First Place Elite
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,600
Resurrecting this thread because I can't get over how pretty the Animal Crossing switch is! :noooo:
Just looking at it makes me feel so relax, the power this design has on me ajksdhfafj

I'm going to pre-order the game sometime next week; I'm probably going to the pack with the tote bag :peepopbirthday:

Last edited:
  • Love