The Animal Crossing thread

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭156,409

first video is a big free update (adds some really nice stuff!), second video is paid dlc. honestly, the paid dlc is basically a better version of their happy home designer game they released on the 3ds and for roughly 25 bucks - a shockingly fair price given the amount of gameplay/content it adds :catpopcorn:

baerie

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭436,450
has anyone played the home designer yet? I still haven't bought it but thinking about it

also does anyone have any fruit that isn't peaches, cherries, or coconut?

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭156,409
has anyone played the home designer yet? I still haven't bought it but thinking about it

also does anyone have any fruit that isn't peaches, cherries, or coconut?
I've played it! If you played the one for 3DS, it's like that, but better. Although, I find that it takes longer to unlock certain features in it and new facilities (like the school, hospital, etc.).

baerie

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭436,450
how many times have you guys re-started your island? I did it like 3-4 times in the past few years... I restarted again when they released the 2.0 update and I finally feel satisfied with my map lol...

my villagers are nice, I had some ugly ones in the past! I just unlocked the cafe today !

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭156,409
how many times have you guys re-started your island? I did it like 3-4 times in the past few years... I restarted again when they released the 2.0 update and I finally feel satisfied with my map lol...

my villagers are nice, I had some ugly ones in the past! I just unlocked the cafe today !
I've restarted my New Horizons island just once, and I definitely prefer it over my first island. :poggers:

Happy

Sleepy Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭141,750

I have never restarted. I have been thinking about that when they release 2.0 but I change my mind and kept the island.

Dead Inside

Hongry Moderator Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,494,476
Pronouns
She/Her
Should I restart my island I know I’ve spent years creating it, but it’s not going the direction I want it :/

baerie

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭436,450
I've restarted my New Horizons island just once, and I definitely prefer it over my first island. :poggers:

nice, I'm glad you like it! what kind of theme does your island have? I'm trying to go for a forest theme but my island is a mess haha. most of it is filled with pumpkins, sugarcane, and wheat because that's the only way I can make a lot of money. I haven't even started cooking anything yet because I sell all the ingredients for bells lol. I'm trying to pay off the last home loan before I start any of that

I have never restarted. I have been thinking about that when they release 2.0 but I change my mind and kept the island.
dang you must be pretty satisfied with your island! that's good though, it can be annoying to re-do all the stuff you had to unlock. I'm glad they added some more features in 2.0 because it was getting kind of boring. I have so much to do now

Should I restart my island I know I’ve spent years creating it, but it’s not going the direction I want it :/
I would say restart it because deep down you know you'll never be satisfied. Before I restarted, I would feel bad every time I was on my island because it never look how I wanted it to. A fresh start was fun, plus the new island I have has more exclusive items than the old one. I actually get some diys and nookshop items that are cool instead of the common ones. I was afraid of having to learn everything again, but time actually went by fast (plus I used the time skip a lot lol). I'm in love with the map too. Is there a certain island theme you are going for?

Dead Inside

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,494,476
Pronouns
She/Her
nice, I'm glad you like it! what kind of theme does your island have? I'm trying to go for a forest theme but my island is a mess haha. most of it is filled with pumpkins, sugarcane, and wheat because that's the only way I can make a lot of money. I haven't even started cooking anything yet because I sell all the ingredients for bells lol. I'm trying to pay off the last home loan before I start any of that

dang you must be pretty satisfied with your island! that's good though, it can be annoying to re-do all the stuff you had to unlock. I'm glad they added some more features in 2.0 because it was getting kind of boring. I have so much to do now

I would say restart it because deep down you know you'll never be satisfied. Before I restarted, I would feel bad every time I was on my island because it never look how I wanted it to. A fresh start was fun, plus the new island I have has more exclusive items than the old one. I actually get some diys and nookshop items that are cool instead of the common ones. I was afraid of having to learn everything again, but time actually went by fast (plus I used the time skip a lot lol). I'm in love with the map too. Is there a certain island theme you are going for?
I was going cute/pastel before, but now I wanna focus on cottage core for my island

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭156,409
I don't really have an overall island theme, tbh! I just decorate little areas here and there with whatever I think is a good idea at the time. I don't really undertake big projects, so if I get tired of something or don't like the way it looks anymore, I can usually remove it or replace it in one or two sittings.

Dead Inside

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,494,476
Pronouns
She/Her
I restarted my island last night, I’ll keep y’all posted on the progress

baerie

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭436,450
I restarted my island last night, I’ll keep y’all posted on the progress

awesome! what is your native fruit? are you satisfied with your island map? restarting was so annoying for me because I had to keep closing the game and re-doing the beginning part so I can get offered a map choice that I would like. if you need any apples, peaches, coconuts, or cherries I got you. I would offer money but I just went broke because I had to pay 100k for some of the shop on harvey's island :noooo: now i'm waiting for my pumpkins, wheat, and sugarcane to grow so I can make some more money

Top Bottom