ANNOUNCEMENT The Current State Of H+

Ackerman

Everything Everywhere All at Once Administrator
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭14,989,284
2020 has been a year we will never forget. I think everyone here has been affected by it one way or another. We will tell our children what happened, and we will tell them what we did during these difficult times. I think as terrible as 2020 is, its a necessary year for human growth. That being said, I wanted to address a few things as I'm sure a few of you have noticed and participated in. I'll begin with the most recent issue. A JM we hired brought about some issues that have been lingering for a while. We wanted to give that person a chance, but it didn't work out. We listened to the community and made a decision based on new information gathered. That was solved then and there. But this did bring about lingering issues as I said.

To avoid exposing people directly and for the sake of privacy, everything I will say will be vague, but I want to begin this by apologizing. Humans are not perfect, we all make mistakes, sometimes we see those mistakes then and there, other times it takes a bit longer. For the past few months there are people who this entire time have been hurt because of assumptions, both on the staff side and our regular users, and information we had at the time that turned out to be half truths. We will never fully know everything that happens in the privacy of PM's or discord chats, but what we know now is enough for us to see that mistakes in judgment were made, and misinformation from various parties didn't help the cause. So to those people who know what I'm referring to, I invite you to reach out me and we can discuss this better. Otherwise, please accept an apology on behalf of all the people directly involved.

We had a conversation with all our staff recently to get a better understanding of things we knew were an issue and things we didn't know. This is something we did early on, but as our team went from 5 to more than 30, talking among staff became a thing of the past, and communication was staying within teams. This is where a lot of misinformation came from for various things, but we are trying to work that out with them.

This brings me to the last thing I want to address. If you look at the donation bar, we are not where we need to be. We are less than 3 weeks from renewing the server, and at the pace we are going we won't make it. Ill be frank, things are not looking good. What we have right now a is a dedicated server which costs almost $2k. We bought this because we were growing very rapidly and we consume a ton of bandwidth. But if we have to look for a cheaper alternative we can try for a VPS, which is a mid tier server you could say. Its typically less than $1k for one, and if we can get to $800 we can get the best one in that category.

I know people can sometimes feel jaded, like they aren't important and even disposable. If there are people out there who felt like that, I sincerely apologize. It wasn't our intention. I want us all to grow together and learn from this. I want us to keep having a fun site where people can post and create content without feeling bad or left out.

2020 has been a terrible year, but let's get through it together.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭37,250
I like the site, I honestly do, It's well designed and has a great little community. But some of the staff incidents have damaged reputations beyond repair. It's a shame, but we're losing our dedicated server for sure.

Alina

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,600
I still see toxic persons* with a staff banner. Let me hear more about your crocodile tears.

Last edited:
I

I'm Busy

you didn't have to mention your onehallyu hate in your staff Behavior issues toward users. like owner like staff

Ackerman

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭14,989,284
I still see that toxic person with a staff banner. Let me hear more about your crocodile tears.
I've no idea who you are referring to, but you are welcome to PM about it.

Alina

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,600
Edit: actually forget that. I heard more and that’s disappointing.

Last edited:

Ackerman

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭14,989,284
Just I want to make one thing clear. I have absolutely no problem with the admins (except the owner but that's another story). As I told @Aerith a few days ago, I actually like her and @Galaxy even if it doesn't seem so. I think sadly they got caught up in the troubles of someone with a bad influence that a lot of users wish to see without a staff banner now.
I see. Well, if it's the person I think you're referring to, she just resigned. If not I'll ask those two who you are referring to.

moue

⥀⥀⥀
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭313,917
Never seen someone go through months of messages to delete "half-truths" but go off :RichPar:

That being said, I know I talk a bunch of crap, but I genuinely like the users on this forum. I think it is a very nice community and the site could thrive. Good luck to all of you, honestly. I hope you can replenish staff and get even more talented people. Just stop putting your friendships before logical interactions.
As staff you hold all of the power, to use it against users is just going to create more friction.

When this site first started there were several signs of it ending in users vs staff. I've read a lot of messages recently of staff specifically antagonizing users and even speaking down to them in private. Stop looking down on your regular users, and even your regular staff. The moment founders started creating a divide in staff, it should have been nipped in the bud.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you guys see a bright future with this site. I'm not a founder, but I've been here since (close to) the beginning and at some point I shared the same passion to create a great experience for users. I do want to apologize to Rich, and even Rin and Gal. For most of my time on staff I really liked you guys. I loved that Rin could always take a joke. As Alina said, I've been seeing you guys mixed in with something that technically had nothing to do with you (except for one thing, but it wasn't my place to be angry) but I do, genuinely, admire your work ethic and everything you have put into this site.

Tommie

🍨 Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭819,500
As others have said this community and site is nice and I was initially excited about it. But I have to wonder, are the founders taking their own advice and apologizing to the people that they hurt? Because I can think of at least one person. This apology really doesn't mean nothing. It's just the pot calling the kettle black.​

rosie

• ♔ • Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭17,750
The idea of building a community where the leadership team cared about the rest of the community was great in theory. I just wish that no one was sacrificed in the process because, no matter how I look at it, I know at least one person was. Conflicts happen, however the way in which you resolve them matters. That's why communication is so important, especially when you're working in a team. You guys were the leadership and I know you didn't take your role lightly, for the most part. I didn't like seeing how one person was singled out and made to be the "scapegoat". Sure, let's say it was misjudgement. But what's going to be done for the user who was sacrificed in the process?

Top Bottom