The J-Music general discussion thread

Hemlock

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
Someone give me album recs because i've been getting bored of japanese music lately. The only albums i can think of from this year that i've really enjoyed is Sirup's and Yorushika's

davidguy

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭121,910
Someone give me album recs because i've been getting bored of japanese music lately. The only albums i can think of from this year that i've really enjoyed is Sirup's and Yorushika's

Have you listened to ANGERME's album?

My favorites from it

• Lyrics: Hoshibe Sho (星部ショウ)
  • Composition: Hoshibe Sho (星部ショウ)
  • Arrangement: Okubo Kaoru (大久保薫)

• Lyrics: Kodama Ameko (児玉雨子)
  • Composition: Hoshibe Sho (星部ショウ)
  • Arrangement: Hirata Shoichiro (平田祥一郎)

• Lyrics: Maeyamada Kenichi ( 前山田健一)
  • Composition: Maeyama Kenichi ( 前山田健一)
  • Arrangement: Suzuki Shunsuke (鈴木俊介)

• Lyrics: Kodama Ameko (児玉雨子)
  • Composition: Nakajima Takui (中島卓偉)
  • Arrangement: hisakuni

Ryusenkai

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭720,800

I'm probably somewhat out of step with what most people like this year, but I'll throw my Top 5 Albums at you. If none of those are your thing, it's also worth noting that there's a Sakanaction Double Album due out this week.

GRAPEVINE - ALL THE LIGHT

Suchmos - THE ANYMAL

the dresscodes - Jazz

Odotte Bakari no Kuni - Hikari no Naka ni

B'z - NEW LOVE

Hemlock

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
Have you listened to ANGERME's album?
i remember liking a song or two from them a few years ago but didn't care enough to keep up with them.

I'm probably somewhat out of step with what most people like this year, but I'll throw my Top 5 Albums at you. If none of those are your thing, it's also worth noting that there's a Sakanaction Double Album due out this week.
I'll check out the Bz album.

why has j music been shit recently
It's been a steady decline for me the last couple of years. Everything feels stale now. I've been listening to english music a lot more than usual lately because of it.

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Ayacho (Wada Ayaka) just graduated from ANGERME after a decade in the group. It's an end of an era in many ways, as she was the only remaining original member, one of the longest-active idols and leader of H!P.

kevinpr9

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭11,350
why has j music been shit recently
My J-music playlist is plenty of old J-Pop but few new J-Pop songs. Oh don't forget about the alternative, J-Rock, and another guitar-based band. I love them very much than the new J-Pop.

IceHism

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
Wow, I guess OH is dead now. I’ve heard OH has been a terrible site recently ?. Guess this is the new one
Haven’t really kept up but if Spotify Japan chart is anything to go by, I don’t think I’ve been impressed much for a while.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Wow, I guess OH is dead now. I’ve heard OH has been a terrible site recently ?. Guess this is the new one
Haven’t really kept up but if Spotify Japan chart is anything to go by, I don’t think I’ve been impressed much for a while.
There hasn't been anything that really blew me away so far this year either but there's been some good songs.
And yeah, OH has been down for ages. Apparently they're actually moving to new servers now, but who knows when that will be finished?

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
June was a great month for me as far as JPop goes. It was mostly the frequency that made it so good. Allot of the artists I follow had new releases around the same time, so it was pretty packed. There were also some surprises and my potential SOTY came out, so that's a bonus.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
June was a great month for me as far as JPop goes. It was mostly the frequency that made it so good. Allot of the artists I follow had new releases around the same time, so it was pretty packed. There were also some surprises and my potential SOTY came out, so that's a bonus.
Do you have some recommendations? :shablob:

Top Bottom