The J-Music general discussion thread

rektinq

regrettable...but there was no other way. VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
tbh i was wondering where do yall get all ur news for jpop stuff like new releases and stuff

also gimme some recs for jpop groups to listen to I need to get into jpop more.. japenese songs i like a lot are like... everything by reol and i love perfume

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
tbh i was wondering where do yall get all ur news for jpop stuff like new releases and stuff

also gimme some recs for jpop groups to listen to I need to get into jpop more.. japenese songs i like a lot are like... everything by reol and i love perfume
I mostly get it from twitter (or H+ recently, since a lot of releases are posted here). You can also follow official Youtube channels of labels/artists.
Another option is to look at CDJapan's list of monthly releases, although that isn't necessarily the most convenient. The easiest would probably just be to check out the threads that are posted here.

You already listen to Perfume, but apart from them my favourite Japanese groups would be Momoiro Clover Z, NMB48 and probably Team Shachi.
I made a thread listing and linking the releases of Stardust (a Japanese agency) girl groups, you can find the link here:

If you want I could also tell you which ones I like the most so far.

niyin

少女A Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,670

twitter, if u follow the right people and news accounts u get a solid base. there are tons of people updating and sharing info and translated content, not as much as kpop but still, to me its pretty consistent
also jpn news site like natalie and oricon

niyin

少女A Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,670
hearing from twitter the joint =LOVE&≠ME live went veeery good, notme did 46&48's songs because they have nothing at the time, and who is surprised

both https://twitter.com/8c3iy0PhNlJU5WX and https://twitter.com/onigiridouga posted clips of the live, there was a live streaming on yt but is already down

also they announced the 6th single, we just now the release date 30th October 2019 and notme will be in the coupling tracks

davidguy

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭121,910
Hoshino Gen is now available on streaming platforms. I can't see any of his stuff on Spotify, here in the US. I don't know if it's a time delay thing or what. I can see his stuff on iTunes/Apple Music though.

niyin

少女A Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,670
its namie's bday in japan (20th Sep) and her music in on spotify, can't check if all the discography but lets hope next step is global

niyin

少女A Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,670
just to confirm that, i checked that out myself and yes, there is all her discography, all her singles and albums plus her last two live concerts (i wish they would put even the tours tbh)

niyin

少女A Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,670
interesting and nice video, appreciate her take w/o the usual western prejudices

niyin

少女A Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,670
spotify jpn decided to release different playlists made with the works of the most relevant and famous japanese composers/lyrics/producers
is very interesting, many tracks are region locked (but u just need to have a jpn account)

MedicationHelps87

Bounced Back 2024 Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,488,851
Pronouns
He/Him
I am not sure if this is too old to revive.

But I just got my shipment of Aoi Eir/Fragment
LiSA/Leo NiNE and Leo Ieiri/Duo

I haven't listened to fragment yet.
But the other two are amazing thus far.

chi4

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭30,200
What are the best sites for buying digital Japanese music (that accept payments outside of Japan - Amazon JP doesn't)? I can only think of the Apple Store and OTOTOY. Anything else?

Yachii

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭70,850
I miss Yuna so much. Her retirement from the music world was a tragedy. Her roaring vocals are legendary.

Fda00CraAAAWYA-

Top Bottom