CHARTS The Japanese idol song that topped the Korean Tiktok chart

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Japanese songs get very little attention in Korea and almost never show up on the charts. When they do it's usually old songs or anime soundtracks. So it was shocking to see "Suki!" by the Japanese girl group Cho Tokimeki Sendenbu not only show up on the Korean tiktok chart, but take #1 as the most played song for the week!

Suki's rise to the top of Korean tiktok is surprising but the song finally made the move after months of popularity in Japan and a MV was released last month.

The song became popular thanks to its addictive chorus and Korean fans who found the live videos and MV were surprised, with comments like:
  • I thought they were Korean
  • So cute!
  • Because of this song I became interested in Japanese for the first time in my life and I started studying Japanese
  • They are much prettier than I expected
  • Work hard unnies! I followed and subscribed on tiktok! Fighting! I was moved to see you speak Korean
  • Honstly they're really short and I don't like their clothes but they're so cute ㅠ Even their Korean is cute ㅠ
  • I sing this song every day... it's the best... bliss
  • I've become addicted! It's etched in my heart. I like you, work hard.
  • Please come to Korea

Many fans were thankful to the group for speaking Korean in a video letter to their Korean listeners.

Top Bottom