The Lion King 2019 Soundtrack, With Beyoncé, Childish Gambino, Elton John, Pharrell and more, Announced

Snowdrop

Flop Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
Source

The album also features Seth Rogen, Pharrell, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Hans Zimmer, John Oliver, Elton John, and more .
Disney’s The Lion King—starring Beyoncé as Nala and Donald Gloveras Simba—is in theaters on July 19. Today, the film’s soundtrack has been announced. It’s out digitally on July 11 and physically July 19 (via Walt Disney Records).

The soundtrack features Beyoncé and Childish Gambino’s rendition of “Can You Feel the Love Tonight,” which was previewed in a recent teaser.

The soundtrack also includes selections from Hans Zimmer’s score, production from Pharrell (on Tracks 4, 9, 12, and 19), and appearances from Seth Rogen (who voices Pumbaa), Chiwetel Ejiofor (Scar), John Oliver (Zazu), Billy Eichner (Timon), and others.

In addition, there is a brand new Elton John track called “Never Too Late.” John co-wrote the track with Tim Rice; it’s produced by Greg Kurstin. Check out the tracklist, which includes a conspicuous TBA for Track 14, below.

The Lion King (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack):

01 Lindiwe Mkhize / Lebo M: “Circle of Life / Nants’ Ingonyama”
02 Hans Zimmer: “Life’s Not Fair”
03 Hans Zimmer: “Rafiki’s Fireflies”
04 JD McCrary / Shahadi Wright Joseph / John Oliver: “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King”
05 Hans Zimmer: “Elephant Graveyard”
06 Chiwetel Ejiofor: “Be Prepared (2019 Version)”
07 Hans Zimmer: “Stampede”
08 Hans Zimmer: “Scar Takes the Throne”
09 Billy Eichner / Seth Rogen / JD McCrary / Donald Glover: “Hakuna Matata”
10 Hans Zimmer: “Simba Is Alive!”
11 Billy Eichner / Seth Rogen: “The Lion Sleeps Tonight”
12 Beyoncé / Donald Glover / Billy Eichner / Seth Rogen: “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”
13 Hans Zimmer: “Reflections of Mufasa”
14 TBA ?
15 Hans Zimmer: “Battle for Pride Rock”
16 Hans Zimmer: “Remember”
17 Elton John: “Never Too Late”
18 Lebo M: “He Lives in You”
19 Lebo M: “Mbube”

Evanescence

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,805
This soundtrack is going to slay! I'm really looking forward to hearing Just Can't Wait to be King and He Lives in You.

Buttered Sone

Certified Soneroach Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
Anticipating! I hope the TBA song is Beyoncé's

Kinky

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,397
Imaging realistic looking animal characters singing the Lion King songs. Its going to look so awkward and out of place

B

bumbers

Glad to see Lebo M is on there! His voice was what got me inspired to find other African singers I like and discover more world music instead of just being limited to Western artists.

Top Bottom