• Comic/Graphic Novel

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters

Pandaa

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭637,672
I used to use calibre when I had my first e-reader, I love my physical books, but i can't keep buying them...the only other option beside the e-reader is my phone or tablet, lets see what I do when I get paid
have you tried a book exchange or libary? you dont have to keep every physical book that you read :bakacat:

Guys, how about we create a small book club here? I never participated in one but I would love to body read some books with you! :peepopbirthday:
Since most of us here prefer fantasy, it would be lovely to body read some long fantasy books!

great idea :love:

wiz109

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,260
Guys, how about we create a small book club here? I never participated in one but I would love to buddy read some books with you! :peepopbirthday:
Since most of us here prefer fantasy, it would be lovely to buddy read some long fantasy books!

I wanted to this since the 6theory days of forums. Most people said it would be hard to do due to everyone different schedule. But I am game to try.

Everyone interested make book suggestions and we can make a poll later in the main forums inviting everyone to vote and participate if they want to.

have you tried a book exchange or libary? you dont have to keep every physical book that you read :bakacat:

great idea :love:

Never tried book exchange before, will look into it.

As for the library...my card disintegrated into a billion pieces because of how old it was. I haven't been back in years to get it replaced.
Odd story...I got my driver's license just so I wouldn't have to walk to the library, but have never gone back once since I was licensed.

Feitan

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,224,270

@hani's forehead
Just thought i'd let you know I actually bought A Little Life shortly after reading a sample and thirsting for more(and believe me im not one to buy books, ive only actually bought one that i can remember). I know you warned me that it would be depressing but i didnt think it would impact me the way that it did...you probably understand what i mean when i say this is such a genuinely morose tale that had me outwardly yelling at its pages several times. Being the slow reader i am im almost 500 pages in, cant wait for the final 300!

A bit OT but the book in the flesh is gorgeous too. Sadly Im taking a little break from reading it becausr my clumsy ass spilt water on it and the pages are soaking wet. I nearly cried because of it. So if anyone has tips for drying big fat wet books faster that would be great.

Another sidenote, i think i might get back into purchasing books now. It encourages me to finish the books so I dont live witg the notion of spending my money in vain. Yet at the same time accidents like the one previously stated discourage me from buying books, I'm to anxious and protective over them sometimes its even difficult to read them without worrying i might damage them from the way im holding them.

hani's forehead

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,030
@hani's forehead
Just thought i'd let you know I actually bought A Little Life shortly after reading a sample and thirsting for more(and believe me im not one to buy books, ive only actually bought one that i can remember). I know you warned me that it would be depressing but i didnt think it would impact me the way that it did...you probably understand what i mean when i say this is such a genuinely morose tale that had me outwardly yelling at its pages several times. Being the slow reader i am im almost 500 pages in, cant wait for the final 300!

A bit OT but the book in the flesh is gorgeous too. Sadly Im taking a little break from reading it becausr my clumsy ass spilt water on it and the pages are soaking wet. I nearly cried because of it. So if anyone has tips for drying big fat wet books faster that would be great.

Another sidenote, i think i might get back into purchasing books now. It encourages me to finish the books so I dont live witg the notion of spending my money in vain. Yet at the same time accidents like the one previously stated discourage me from buying books, I'm to anxious and protective over them sometimes its even difficult to read them without worrying i might damage them from the way im holding them.

honestly im so wary in recommending that book because its so dark and depressing and every time i think about my heart feels heavy, so im relieved that you are enjoying it even if its causing you to yell LOL im so excited for you to finish it!!! its such a giant book but i really think the story and the beautiful writing makes it worth it.

also maybe you can use a blowdryer on a warm setting for the wet pages??? i have no idea if that might do anything though :(

Feitan

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,224,270
honestly im so wary in recommending that book because its so dark and depressing and every time i think about my heart feels heavy, so im relieved that you are enjoying it even if its causing you to yell LOL im so excited for you to finish it!!! its such a giant book but i really think the story and the beautiful writing makes it worth it.

also maybe you can use a blowdryer on a warm setting for the wet pages??? i have no idea if that might do anything though :(
while the brother luke arc made me sick to my stomach, the caleb arc was the one that infuriated me the most (so far) and got me yelling
I dont have a blowdryer and i dont want the pages to dry all wavy. Right now im just waiting it out but idk if theres a better technique

hani's forehead

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,030
while the brother luke arc made me sick to my stomach, the caleb arc was the one that infuriated me the most (so far) and got me yelling
I dont have a blowdryer and i dont want the pages to dry all wavy. Right now im just waiting it out but idk if theres a better technique

i had the same exact reaction, and if i remember correctly i had to put the book down for a day because i was so disgusted by the brother luke arc and the caleb chapters got me so mad. it was like i had to put the book down for a breather but i also wanted to pick up right back up because i was so sucked in. i have a general idea where you're at now in the book so i hope your pages dry quicky!!! :cry:

wiz109

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,260
Try this, though not sure how well it works, it's the most common method I've seen to save a wet book

lira

☆ la sirena ☆ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭180,535
not me getting addicted to the TOG series after disliking the first book for years and telling myself i would never continue that series

book 3 is so good though. :feelsblankie:

peach

♡ Sweet Like Sugar Poison ♡ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭146,190
Currently reading 'Liebes Kind' by Romy Hausmann and it's about a young woman, who was abducted by a men for 14 years, to play the perfect housewife and mother in a house in the middle of a forrest.
It‘s a really nerve wracking book with sooo many plot twists!

not me getting addicted to the TOG series after disliking the first book for years and telling myself i would never continue that series

book 3 is so good though. :feelsblankie:

I really need to start TOG :RichPar:

hani's forehead

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,030
anyone else excited for the goldfinch movie next friday? im actually so hyped for it. i was a little iffy about it being adapted but it looks very promising. it's one of my favorite books. :sejeongcry:

peach

♡ Sweet Like Sugar Poison ♡ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭146,190
anyone else excited for the goldfinch movie next friday? im actually so hyped for it. i was a little iffy about it being adapted but it looks very promising. it's one of my favorite books. :sejeongcry:

I bought the book yesterday and I‘m really anticipating it! The trailer looks promising

hani's forehead

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,030
I bought the book yesterday and I‘m really anticipating it! The trailer looks promising

ahhh, yay! i hope you like it!!! i've been seeing a lot of people picking it up recently ever since the trailers have been rolling out!

wiz109

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,260
Went on a bit of a reading spree after my slump:

Finally finished River God...not sure if I liked it or not, going to try a few more Wilbur Smith books before I decide if I like his writing style.

Read The Huntress by Kate Quin - Fast paced, action packed, I am for sure going to pick up the Alice Network and give that a whirl too

The Poppy War by R F Kuang - It is not bad for her debut novel, I wish it had more world building and character depth about the gods, it gets pretty cut throat and gorey, still I am sticking with the series I think the reviews the next book got were better

The Goldfinch - Was really good, but I am sure this is the type of book that will get analyzed to death in an English class. I like that it was not a love story and focused on PTSD and destructive behaviour.

Now I am currently reading Circe, and To All the Boys I've Loved Before (this one is not really on my list to read because I don't like YA chick lit romance, but it was a gift from a friend along with Crazy Rich Asians so I'm giving them both a read)

hani's forehead

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,030
Went on a bit of a reading spree after my slump:

Finally finished River God...not sure if I liked it or not, going to try a few more Wilbur Smith books before I decide if I like his writing style.

Read The Huntress by Kate Quin - Fast paced, action packed, I am for sure going to pick up the Alice Network and give that a whirl too

The Poppy War by R F Kuang - It is not bad for her debut novel, I wish it had more world building and character depth about the gods, it gets pretty cut throat and gorey, still I am sticking with the series I think the reviews the next book got were better

The Goldfinch - Was really good, but I am sure this is the type of book that will get analyzed to death in an English class. I like that it was not a love story and focused on PTSD and destructive behaviour.

Now I am currently reading Circe, and To All the Boys I've Loved Before (this one is not really on my list to read because I don't like YA chick lit romance, but it was a gift from a friend along with Crazy Rich Asians so I'm giving them both a read)

ahh im glad you ended up enjoying the goldfinch! one of my favorites. circe is also one of my favs, though the song of achilles is probably my favorite from madeline miller. i love her writing, and im excited to see what myth she'll be focusing on for her third novel.

what im currently reading and also the books im planning to read after that:

black chalk by Christopher J. Yates: was fully prepared to dnf this until i decided on a whim to rent the audiobook and i suddenly find it a lot more bearable! im really into the story now. if anyone else can recommend me some really great audiobooks, i'd appreciate it because this is the first one i've listened to and its nice to still be "reading" when im busy with other tasks

what i have to read next:
The picture of Dorian Gray
The year of the runaways
The lotus eaters
Silver in the Wood
Blackbird #1 (Blackbird, #1)
A Brightness Long Ago

Polaris_Tae

🚀🚩 Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭671,659
This is what my reading list looks like right now, not even counting the Manga and Comics I'm reading, help what'd I get myself into...

Reading:

• I Became A Virtuous Wife & Loving Mother In Another Cultivation World
  • How To Survive As a Villain
  • Mo Dao Zu Shi - on hold
  • Legend of Fei

Want to read:

• Heaven Official's Blessing
  • The Legendary Masters Wife
  • The Villain Has Something To Say
  • The Reader & The Protagonist Definitely Have To Be In True Love
  • Rebirth of the Supreme Celestial Being
  • Advance Bravely
  • The Husky & His White Cat Shizun
  • Guardian
  • The Wife Is First
  • AWM: PUBG
  • Every Day The Protagonist Wants To Capture Me
  • The Kings Avatar

AwPY5iV.gif

lira

☆ la sirena ☆ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭180,535
wow it's been so long since i last posted in this thread, this semester really killed my reading marathon oof
but i'm finally on my break! i've already started back and i'm sort of doing a readathon, whew, it feels good. i've read the turn of the key by ruth ware after hearing a lot about it... it was less than what i was expecting, but oh well. it was still fun!

i have a lot of books i want to read next, i'm so excited <3

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
I've been really wanting to revisit the Star Wars books I read before my teens because I totally didn't appreciate them back then. There was one book I knew one character was gonna die in it so I only read chapters with him in :sip: It's just that the series (what is the plural of series) I wanna re-read have like a lot of books in them and I still don't have them all except in badly scanned pdf form :somicry:

Top Bottom