EVENT+ The Mystery at Halloville- Can you find who the Killer is?// Prize Distribution is out!!!

Lilac

fearless of adventure Third Place HoE Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭720,808
waiting to see 'results pending'

Bobo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,100
I'll reveal that i got the last hint
and that narrowed it a lot
1vB10FD.gif

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,400
Anyways, my top 3 suspects were Gary, Margaret, and Elizabeth. :jinjudge:

Lilac

fearless of adventure Third Place HoE Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭720,808
Rememebr when i said my internet was flopping?

apparently someone cut the cables from my provider company
i'm most likely not having internet for the whole weeked
1vB10FD.gif
hope you have mobile data.

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
So who did it?

One by one everyone entered the parlour. Poirot smiled at his audience. There were 10 of them. 10 people who knew Isabella Hollow. And 1 of them took her life too.

“Why did you call us here?” Mr. Edward Hollow questioned.

Poirot smiled. “It is simple really. I found the truth.”

He looked at all the surprised faces.

“Isabella did not commit suicide. She was killed.”

“What?”

He looked at elizabeth and nodded.

“Yes, she was murdered." He stood up and moved to the front of the room, "Let me tell you a story. A story of love and a story of death.”

“Isabella Hollow loved Rogers Mitchell. They have been in love for a long time. However she was the daughter of a wealthy noble. He was a mere clerk. Her parents did not agree to this union. How could they? Their youngest child. A child of excellent character and upbringing. How could she be the wife of a clerk?”

Mr and Mrs. Hollow frowned as they glared at Poirot.

“But then she became sick and they agreed to give them a chance. A weekend party was planned and 15 handpicked guests arrived. They were to tell her if they accepted roger to be their future son in law or not. However as the weekend wrapped up, they saw something else. They saw David Bassett chasing after their girl. They seemed to enjoy each other’s company. How wonderful would it be, if their girl married the wealthy David. The two families were already close. Daisy was engaged to Edmund. However David is the heir to the Basset Family’s wealth. Surely a union between Isabella and David will be much better than a union between her and the clerk. They informed her of such on Saturday Night after dinner in the lounge.”

Edmund turned to look at his parent’s with disappointment.

“Why? Just why? I told you not to say no. I begged you not to say no.”

“We can explain.” Mr. Hollow said. His voice sharp.

“You can absolutely explain yourself but only after I am done.” Poirot interrupted before continuing, “Isabella was upset at her parent’s decision. She fought with them. They were firm but so was she. She left the lounge and promised her lover that she will be his wife. She will be with him no matter what. Roger then left her side and after awhile David Bassett found her outside the lounge. When he tried to ask her what happened, She told him off and said that she will never love him nor will she be his wife. She would rather die than be his wife.”

Elizabeth held onto David’s arm. “It will be okay,” She whispered. He smiled and held her hand.

“David Bassett loved her for a long time so his heartbreak knew no bounds. He drank himself to a stupor and was found by Ms. Williams. He told her everything and they went to her room and spent the night there. She swears he never left. But can he vouch the same for her?”

He looked at David who frowned.

“Returning back to Isabella, the poor girl met David at half past 9 and she met his sister at half past 10. Daisy Basset discovered her former maid Margaret working for the Hollows. She accused her of following her and was terrified that she will tell the truth to Edmund. What truth you may ask?” He looked at Daisy. She didn’t meet his eyes and stared at the floor.

“A few months before, while engaged to Edmund, she had an affair with one of David’s friends. Margaret stumbled upon this by accident and was then accused of stealing Daisy’s necklace and fired from her job. As her sister worked for the hollows, she was able to find a job as a scullery maid here. On Saturday night, Isabella heard Daisy quarrel with Margaret and upon being told of what happened. She took Margaret’s side. She then wanted to tell Edmund what she had found out and even though daisy begged her not to, she went to meet Edmund.”

Hercule poirot looked at Edmund and then Gary before continuing, “She told him of what she saw but was then-”

“You don’t have to be kind to me, Monsieur Poirot” Edmund looked at Gary and then at his father. “She walked in without knocking and found me embracing Gary.”

“What?” Mr. Hollow yelled as he stood up.

“Yes, I love him. And she realized that too.”

“How dare you?” Mr. hollow said furiously, “You are my son. My only son. You cannot be with... a man.”

Edmund smiled. “I have been with Gary for the past 16 years. I can be with a man, father. I am with a man.” He turned to look at Poirot “But that is not the point now is it?”

“No. What happened after she came into the room?” Poirot asked.

“She was shocked,” Edward said. “But then she told me how she accepts me and my love for a man. She told me she will have my back like I always had hers. That it is alright for me to be happy with the person I love and I shouldn’t marry a conniving whore.”

He turned to look at Daisy, “She told me what you did with that man and what you did to Margaret. Do you know what I told her?”

Daisy shook her head as her eyes welled up with tears.

“Me and you, daisy. We are the same, aren’t we? We are getting married because in Society’s eyes and in our families’ eyes, it is the right thing to do.” He reached out and brushed her hair with his fingers. “I will never love you and you will never love me, but we will marry because we don’t have a choice.”

He turned to look at Poirot, “Isabella she is a romantic, She couldn’t accept that two people would marry even if they loved someone else. She couldn’t understand the rules of the society. She is a child. She believed in love…” he wiped a tear off his eye and sighed, “She was furious by my decision to do nothing. She told me for the first time in her life. She was disappointed in me.”

“You didn’t see her again, did you?” Poirot asked.

Edmund shook his head before breaking down in tears. Gary rushed to his side and no one tried to stop him. Everyone stared at Poirot numb.

“So who did it then? Who killed her?” Elizabeth asked.

Poirot sighed and for the first time since coming here he was furious.

“Isabella decided to elope that night. She wrote a letter telling Rogers that they were to leave at 3 am on Monday Morning. She gave this letter to the Butler and asked him to take it to Rogers. On his way to Mr. Roger’s Room, he was intercepted by Mrs. Rosamund Hollow. She took the letter from him and went to meet Isabella.”

He looked at Mrs. Hollow. She sat there silent on the couch. Her eyes frozen looking at the portrait of her family.

“I spoke to the butler. He told me everything. You killed her didn’t you? Why?” He asked.

The silence that fell in the room was deafening. Everyone looked at her with shock and horror. It couldn’t be. Not her. No.

She continued to look at the portrait and then she finally spoke.

“For centuries the Hollows have stood. We have a reputation in society. We are the perfect family…”

“Perfection doesn’t exist mother.” Linda said furiously.

Rosamund sighed. “I took the letter and read it. I went to confront Isabella and she told me everything she knew about Daisy and Edmund. She told me she was going to leave. I begged her not to. That we can sort it out but she refused. She wanted to leave. She was going to leave. If people found out about Isabella eloping and Daisy and Edmund’s secrets, we would lose everything. Our daughter ran away. Our son is a homosexual. And our future daughter in law is having an affair with someone else. The society would mock us. We would become a joke. I have already lost one son. My daughter, she is a widow and she depends on us. My son is the Family’s future and my husband worked hard to ensure that we are able to hold our heads up high in society. How could I let them lose all of this? I thought it would be alright to lose one more child if it meant protecting the rest of my family.”

She looked at her children and her husband. “I gave her milk laced with arsenic and she died on my lap. I cleaned the room and burnt the letter in the fireplace. I then had the butler carry her body and keep her by the pond. I figured they wouldn’t find her body in the blizzard until it was too late. I figured they will write it off as suicide and this blood on my hands i will carry it to my grave.” Tears rushed down her cheeks. “All i wanted to do was protect my family.”

“So you killed her?” Edward asked mortified by what he heard.

“Forgive me,” she said quietly as her family turned away from her. She looked at Hercule Poirot as the Belgian turned away too.

She walked out of the room and into the snow. Her legs carried her across the snow filled garden and towards the pond. Rosamund looked up at the sun which shone through the clouds and she wondered if her daughter was up there in heaven. She should be. Heaven only accepts kind souls. And her daughter was the kindest of them all.

But there would be no mercy for Rosamund. No forgiveness for her sins.

She didn’t dare hope for it.

She knew she didn’t deserve it.

She took a breath and walked across the icy pond.

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
It is time for the results.
This game took me so long to plan. I am not even kidding. It was so tough. As i had to write all of the story from scratch. And as the game has never been done before on hplus, and a similar game that was done on another forum only has 20 posts (and i never played it) so I have no idea how actually the game worked, I needed to do everything except for the base setup from scratch. It was ridiculously tough and I was so worried because no one was able to check the game beforehand.
So i was not sure how tough it was going to be. And i didn't want to disappoint any of you.
I have to thank you all for joining the game and being a part of this journey. As seeing your remarks gave me the confidence to try hosting this again. If i made any mistakes or you see any room for improvement, please let me know via pm as I would love to improve this and make it better.

So who guessed it was Mrs. Rosamund Hollow?
There was only one.
17.jpg

Congratulations Dr. Sweetea.

How to identify it was Rosamund?
There were a couple of things said about rosamund people seemed to not focus on.
She was given a letter very late in the night. But her saying that she didn't collect it from the butler until so late must have been a dead giveaway that she was lying. Butlers tend to pass messages or letters to their employers then and there especially not past 11 in the night.
Furthermore the arsenic was kept at home in the basement. And only the family knows about it. This meant either the gardener or the family killed isabella.
You guys missed 2 very important hints.
1 was the hint of the fireplace. that no one got.
He finds the remnants of a letter in the fireplace. There were about 3 pieces. One was badly burnt and nothing could be read. But the other 2 had not burnt completely and he could see a few sentences. "Tomorrow as the clock strikes 3 and the night is dark and cold, we will leave." "I wish I could say I feel sad but I don't" "Yours Isa-"
"Bella" Poirot clutched the pieces in his hand. She was trying to leave the house. This letter was meant to go to Roger but was never delivered. And that very night, she was killed. Was the one who burnt the letter and the one who killed Isabella the same person... or were they different? Was the murder done to silence her? If so. It had to be someone who had something to lose if she tells what she knew. It couldn't be Margaret or Roger. It had to be one of the others.
The letter being burnt suggested that rosamund who picked a letter up must have burnt it.
the second hint was the last hint which iu got.
Hint -
"So you've come."
The butler said. His voice was low and shook. Was it because he was scared or guilty?
He looked at the gun the butler was holding in his hands. It wasn't pointed at poirot. Instead it seemed to have a different purpose.
"Why are you holding that?"
The butler looked up.His eyes seemed overwhelmed with emotion. He smiled. But the smile was one of pain and suffering.
"To bring an end to what I feel. Do you wish to hear a joke, sir?" He chuckled but it was devoid of humour.
"We are supposed to serve them and help them. But where exactly does that stop? When do you say No, I am not going to do that?"
"Murder is a good reason to stop and tell no. Don't you think?" Poirot responded.
"I didn't have a choice. She said she will blame me anyway. I had no choice."
"It is not too late to do the right thing. If you tell me the truth. I could help you."
The butler sighed. He stared at the gun and then at poirot.
"She called me to Miss Isabella's room after midnight. When i went there... Miss isabella.... she was..." He couldn't continue as he looked at Poirot pleading to not ask any further.
"What did she ask you to do?"
"Carry the body near the pond and leave her there. The blizzard would have covered her body and no one would find her for days." That is what she told me.
Poirot looked at the man and wondered what to do.
"If you take your life, a girl may never get justice. You know who killed her. You need to testify."
"She will destroy me."
Poirot reached out and held the man's hands.
"Do not worry. She has already ruined one life. I will not let her ruin another. You have my word."
This hint clearly states that the one who did the murder could order the butler around so should be family. And it is a female so either Linda or Rosamund. Daisy could have also been a good bet. But given that linda had little to no motivation at all except for her fight with isabella. The better bet would have been rosamund.
Something else which was there in front of you but no one saw. when poirot is investigating the drawer in round 7. It is mentioned he found envelopes. And as rosamund mentioned letters. and so did the clue for round 3 where the guest said she saw rosamund taking the letter from the butler.
"There was someone else with them. I couldn't recognize her voice. To be frank, I don't think I have ever even heard that voice before."
"Are you certain you don't recognize who it was?" Poirot asked.
"I am affirmative. But it was a female voice. I can tell you that."
Poirot thanked her and turned to leave when he felt a hand hold him back.
"One more thing. I don't know if it would help you."
"Anything you say will help me, miss."
She looked at the butler for a moment and Poirot realized she wanted this to be private. He sent the butler off before turning back to face the young lady.
"When I finished smoking it was about a quarter past 11. I was walking down the hallway to go back to my room when I saw him, the butler with Mrs. Hollow. I am not sure what they were talking about but I did see her leaving with something like a letter clutched in her hand."

Also one last thing, it is mentioned that she was there when the father said no to the love between isabella and roger. Plus the fact that her son was gay and isabella knew about it. And the whole daisy showdown. plus the multiple references to someone killing isabella to silence her was also there pointing at a protective kill.

Also i forgot to include it here (eventhough i meant to lol and satan pointed it now making me remember), talking to butler gave the last hint and the mother was the only one ever associated with the butler in any way. So it should have pointed that it had something to do with the mother. Also poirot notices how she looked terrible on one day but fine-ish even pretty on the next. This should have also given away that it was most likely the mother.

Anyway thanks for playing!
I will release the candy and point distribution tomorrow. I really need to sleep now. lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom