EVENT+ The Mystery of H+ Academy Opening Thread

Chiharu

The Worst Girl in the World Events VIP+ Tenth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,048,132
banner1.gif

image4.jpg
Hello, gamers and non-gamers, I am the amazing Chiharu and I will be your main host for this event.

There are many things to enjoy about Halloween, from the costumes to the candy, to the terrible horror movies, to the general spookiness. For my part, I've always been a huge fan of mystery novels, and what's more fitting for Halloween than a good old murder mystery? And as it just so happens, one of my favorite video games is Danganronpa, a battle royale-style mystery game. Thus, drawing from aspects of the game, I have written a story for you all to read and enjoy.

Now, onto the actual event.

image2.jpg
This is a murder mystery event in which participants will be following a story as it unfolds and attempting to solve the case revolving around it. Every other day, a portion of the story will be posted in this thread at 4 PM EST. Players’ objective is to figure out the culprit’s identity, how the victim was killed, and what the motive was.

Each user will have 3 chances to guess. Guesses are to be submitted via PM to me and only me. Users may guess at any time before the deadline, but they must wait for the host’s response to their first guess before making the next one. Also, they must submit all 3 factors (culprit’s identity, how the victim was killed, and motive) at once on each of their guessing attempts. I will tell players how many factors they got correct on their guesses, but I will not reveal which factors are correct or incorrect. The deadline for users to submit their guesses is October 31st at 2:59 AM EST

As with any of our past events, various games and activities will be held. You are free to participate in these games/activities without participating in solving the mystery, and vice versa. However, after each game, the first-place winner will receive a hint that will assist them in solving the mystery. Please note, long games and team games will not give out hints.

The first person to correctly guess all 3 factors wins first place, while the second person to do so places 2nd and the third places 3rd. Users who sent in guesses and got at least 2 factors correct will receive participation prizes (note: subject to change depending on how difficult the story ends up being to solve). See the prizes section for details.

If for some reason, only 1 or 2 players are able to solve the game, only them will be entitled to the grand prizes; the remaining placement(s) will simply be left unclaimed.

For suspense purposes, the winners will not be announced until the end of the event. So even if there have been 3 players who successfully solve the mystery, the host will continue to accept guesses until the end.

image3.jpg

Good sportsmanship and behavior are expected. Please do not attempt to cheat or collude with other users. Doing so will result in penalties and a possible game ban.

Please do not reveal your guesses or share answers with other users until the event is over and final results are announced!

You MAY NOT share the clues you won from any games.

You may post in the story thread and share your thoughts on the story, but you MAY NOT share any theories or hints.

Please do not edit your guesses once submitted! The host will be able to see your edits so if you do, your answers will be disregarded and considered as “used guesses” regardless of it being correct or not.

If you encounter any issues or conflicts during the event, please reach out to one of the Events team’s leads first.

Please be respectful of all H+ general rules.

Last but not least, have fun!

image1.jpg

In addition to orbs, coins, and elite points, every official game held in this event will give out a themed polaroid to one of the lucky participants via RNG. ***A user may only win up to a maximum of two polaroids. If they get rng’d for the third time, it will go to the next user on the RNG list.

The top three players who manage to solve the main mystery of the event will also receive the following grand prizes:

1st place - 5 +cards of choice from the special edition; 1-month temp stamp; and the champion’s banner that lasts 1 month.
2nd place - 4 +cards of choice from the special edition; 1-month temp stamp.
3rd place - 3 +cards of choice from the special edition; 1-month temp stamp.
Participant prize* - 1 +card rng’d from the special edition.

*For those who were able to guess at least 2 factors correctly.

Unless specifically approved by the Events Team, items won via this event are not eligible to be redeemed for orbs/coins.

Prizes must be claimed within 30 days from the day the event concludes, or they’ll be considered forfeited.

Credits

A big thank you to @yerm for the forum theme, @Kazuha for the intro thread gfx @Bchip for the special edition cards @sm maid for the polaroids.

@Gamer Squad

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
4654-monokuma-judge.png

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭156,409
dude-interesting.gif

looking forward to reading and hopefully playing along ... smartly lol :wherearethelies: :catpopcorn:

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,400
I don't think I'll be able to play many games so I hope I'll manage to solve the mystery :poggers:

Top Bottom