SENSITIVE CONTENT The Official Coronavirus Thread

Bom

夢を諦めないで
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭66,380

I think they're dealing with it well, keeping strict measures in place.

Pyron

The Blue Lightning
Donor
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,686,430
  • GFRIEND's Umji
  • GFRIEND's Yerin
  • Certified Buddy
  • Certified ONCE
Korea has done a tremendous job of containing the virus, but they should have never opened the nightclubs. Even in european countries where they are easing the restrictions and returning many things to normal, nightclubs are still shut.

Infections in Itaewon clubs spread across nation
Yeah, not being in lockdown is a boon, but I think closing the nightclubs and similar services probably wouldn't make much of a difference economically compared to the risk.

Similarly Singapore were doing great, but some relapse resulted in more cases as well.

We are still learning how to deal with this. So far Taiwan, HK, and New Zealand are the true winners with Vietnam and Uruguay which aren't talked about much.

SK is doing decently, but because everyone else is botching their efforts, I think they are just doing average actually. When dealing with human lives, I think we need to be harsh at judging results.

Still it will be interesting to see if SK robust response can still be effective at dealing with more and more clusters reappearing and keeping their economy open.

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭609,790
End of total lockdown here in France, except for some schools, bar, restaurant, university, sport clubs, etc.

We'll see how that will progress

hojipoji

✰ 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝗲 ✰
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭23,650
i hope the coronavirus dies down quickly

my life has been going downhill ever since the covid-19 pandemic started

• Sad
Reactions: Bom

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭609,790
How is it going?
I'll tell you more at the end of the month. But it seems like almost everyone wanted to go out. We can go out up to 100 km from our home, more if it's really important (medical reason, help a relative, etc).

Social distancing, wearing mask, the same usual thing is maintained but I don't how many people are keeping these safety habits. Some people feared a second wave, a second lockdown.

Bom

夢を諦めないで
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭66,380
I'll tell you more at the end of the month. But it seems like almost everyone wanted to go out. We can go out up to 100 km from our home, more if it's really important (medical reason, help a relative, etc).

Social distancing, wearing mask, the same usual thing is maintained but I don't how many people are keeping these safety habits. Some people feared a second wave, a second lockdown.
Thank you. I'm in the UK and people are going to the beach, countryside and being stupid. :cry: Which I can understand, it's hard being locked up.
Wish we'd have done it more like you guys though. We can now go wherever we want, hardly anyone wears a mask, most social distance but still..

I fear a second wave. Our schools may be going back in June. It's too soon. :(
I hope people can stick to it - in every country. I'd hate to see this get way worse again.

• Sweating
Reactions: BianTwo

Pyron

The Blue Lightning
Donor
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,686,430
  • GFRIEND's Umji
  • GFRIEND's Yerin
  • Certified Buddy
  • Certified ONCE
There are some good news from countries like New Zealand and Montenegro seem to be on the clean (however, not sure about their plan to open their tourism industry soon).

However, places like SK are facing a relapse. Although numbers aren't that big, it seems like a fine line to walk on. Hope it doesn't escalate and they can trace every case and quarantine them properly, but it seems to be a disaster in the waiting even with their robust systems.

Now USA is a dumpster fire. Places opening even thou the first wave didn't even finish properly. Protests and riots may make things worse. LA was in a pretty worrying situation, but it was pretty much in control all things considered, but I'm not sure about this with protests going on.

We have to remind ourselves that this pandemic is just about 6 to 7 months old. Worldwide, the rate of growth is still pretty upward. People are getting complacent and we are still nowhere near the end of this as a whole.

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭609,790
More than two weeks after the end of the total lockdown here in France :

- No sign of a second wave even when most people went out, that's a great news
- Shops are really cautious, restaurant you can only order and take away food

If everything keeps doing alright almost everything will be open again. But no big events like concert without the social distanciation.

abra

Expert Of Things
Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭772,940
Thank you. I'm in the UK and people are going to the beach, countryside and being stupid. :cry: Which I can understand, it's hard being locked up.
Wish we'd have done it more like you guys though. We can now go wherever we want, hardly anyone wears a mask, most social distance but still..

I fear a second wave. Our schools may be going back in June. It's too soon. :(
I hope people can stick to it - in every country. I'd hate to see this get way worse again.
Schools being open or closed don't seem to affect the spread much