The Official DreamCatcher / InSomnia Thread

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭238,763
WJSN is a different situation. Cheng Xiao is under management of Yuehua Entertainment (Chinese company). They decided to keep her in China while the other 2 Chinese WJSN members promote with the project group there.

Starship had partnered with Yuehua for WJSN, with Starship managing the Korean members and Yuehua managing the Chinese ones. The 3 of them are rumored to come back to WJSN next year once the project contract ends.

Yes, Frost was correct as usual

I don't know what DCC is trying to do, but it could be Handong's choice to apply. This will be the first season of Idol Producer with girls and not guys.

Survivors promote with exclusive temp group, probably for 18 months (based on length of prior contracts).

That said, there are some popular Chinese girls in the show so there's no guarantee Handong would make it that far. Keep in mind there will be 100 girls competing. If anything, it'll probably end up like fromis_9 situation where a member participated, didn't quite make it to the final group, and returned to fromis_9. At the same time, her participation generated buzz so I can guess if DCC gets anything out of Handong's participation, it will be that.

Plus I do think it will be a good way for Handong to show off her other talents that we normally don't get to see.

And if we think worst case scenario where she does make the final group, I imagine DCC will let her decide if she really wants to join the project group or return to Dreamcatcher. Given her weibo is Handong_Dreamcatcher, I'm going to guess she may just decide to return to Dreamcatcher if that happened.

I say that they'll let Dongie decide because that's what DCC did for Dal Shabet
handong being cut from the teaser already not giving me any good feeling about the show

welcome mate! :judgingyou:

this is actually kinda weird combo, they should've invite Sohee (as a new member of Nature) so it'll be complete 95 line~

kei & heejin make siyeon look tall lol.

Hmmm, I'm not really sure how i feel about Dongie's situation. I'll support her no doubt, i hope she does well. But a show that big, there's a good chance she wont make the cut. Best case scenario is as others have said, we got our Dongdong back, but she manages to get the group some new attention in the process.
Of the like 100 contestants how big is the final group anyway? just out of curiosity.
9 members group. most c-fans are talking & hyping the 48 groups girls, only c-somnias talk about handong. the 48 girls, particularly from snh48, are more popular compared to the nugu kpop girls. however in the overall c-pop market, girl/boy idol groups don't do very well and not mainstream.

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭238,763
Ce la vie ma friends
original.gif

So here u all hided urselfes :whistle:
Hello everyone!

I was on OH with the same username but i was mainly a lurker like here too.

I don't really care about survivals or variety shows but i have to say i'm curious about Idol producer.
I want to see how Dongie will do.
welcome back :shablob:

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭391,250
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
EHANIHaU8AARGmk

o

Not much opinion on my fansite poll thing?
V4xA4n1.png
what poll?

:tears:

on second thought, don't stare into my soul. i don't wanna contaminate you XD

Last edited:

sleety

is alcoholic
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭40,325
Pronouns
She/Her
Nice to see u all again :wow:
So, what is about that new show that Dongie is going to join??

Loonathehoe

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭37,340
WJSN is a different situation. Cheng Xiao is under management of Yuehua Entertainment (Chinese company). They decided to keep her in China while the other 2 Chinese WJSN members promote with the project group there.

Starship had partnered with Yuehua for WJSN, with Starship managing the Korean members and Yuehua managing the Chinese ones. The 3 of them are rumored to come back to WJSN next year once the project contract ends.

Yes, Frost was correct as usual

I don't know what DCC is trying to do, but it could be Handong's choice to apply. This will be the first season of Idol Producer with girls and not guys.

Survivors promote with exclusive temp group, probably for 18 months (based on length of prior contracts).

That said, there are some popular Chinese girls in the show so there's no guarantee Handong would make it that far. Keep in mind there will be 100 girls competing. If anything, it'll probably end up like fromis_9 situation where a member participated, didn't quite make it to the final group, and returned to fromis_9. At the same time, her participation generated buzz so I can guess if DCC gets anything out of Handong's participation, it will be that.

Plus I do think it will be a good way for Handong to show off her other talents that we normally don't get to see.

And if we think worst case scenario where she does make the final group, I imagine DCC will let her decide if she really wants to join the project group or return to Dreamcatcher. Given her weibo is Handong_Dreamcatcher, I'm going to guess she may just decide to return to Dreamcatcher if that happened.

I say that they'll let Dongie decide because that's what DCC did for Dal Shabet
There's no "Handong decides" or DCC pulls her. They are bound by contract if she wins. It would also be really offputting(?) for her c-fans to do that

Top Bottom