kimsguardian

πŸ„³πŸ„ΎπŸ„ΎπŸ…πŸšͺ Sixth Place HoETop Poster Of Month
Reaction score
π–π–Šπ–Ž'π–˜ π–—π–Žπ–Œπ–π–™ 𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖉
Plus Coins
β¨­1,165,220
Pronouns
He/Him
wahh yoohyeon's indonesian is so good! the song sounds good in indonesian too, except the angin angin angin part is so funny lol
was that sup iga? i miss sup iga :(
i don't recognise the chicken dish
yeah that's soup iga similar to galbitang indeed, that looks like grilled chicken

i'm pretty amazed by her pronunciation, why it's so good :omgwhat:
but that dog leg dance tho lmao

as expected from our genius food master, she even dropped something in the fondue lol :tears:

Last edited:

Magus27

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­825,645

I'm sure they'll work it out, or everyone can use You Tube music or Apple Music instead.

They locked Kakao M's wikipedia page because so many people were messing with it. Guess a lot of Twitter k-stans use Spotify so are blaming Kakao M.

Note Apple Music pays more per stream than Spotify

Calculated on average for all countries, Apple Music pays 2.88 times as much per stream as Spotify. While the factor in the home market USA is 2.16, it’s almost 5 in southern European countries such as Greece. In Portugal even at an incredible 5.77.

How much do I earn per stream on Apple Music? - iGroove | Push Your Music (igroovemusic.com)

If anyone wants to know what really happened:

In a statement given to NME, a spokesperson for Spotify confirmed that Kakao M’s catalogue would no longer be available to users around the globe from March 1, 2021 β€œdue to the expiration of our licence”.

β€œWe have been working with KakaoM over the last year and a half to renew the global licensing agreement, so that their artists’ music would remain available to Spotify’s 345M+ listeners in nearly 170 markets around the world,” they said. β€œDespite our best efforts, the existing licensing deal we had with KakaoM (which covered all countries other than South Korea) has come to an end.

β€œThe fact that we have not yet reached agreement on a new global deal is unfortunate for their artists, as well as for fans and listeners worldwide. It is our hope that this disruption will be temporary and we can resolve the situation soon. We remain committed to working with local rights holders including KakaoM, to help grow the Korean music market and overall streaming ecosystem together.”

Spotify confirm hundreds of K-pop releases removed from platform globally (nme.com)

Last edited:

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­230,763
I'm sure they'll work it out, or everyone can use You Tube music or Apple Music instead.

They locked Kakao M's wikipedia page because so many people were messing with it. Guess a lot of Twitter k-stans use Spotify so are blaming Kakao M.

Note Apple Music pays more per stream than Spotify

Calculated on average for all countries, Apple Music pays 2.88 times as much per stream as Spotify. While the factor in the home market USA is 2.16, it’s almost 5 in southern European countries such as Greece. In Portugal even at an incredible 5.77.

How much do I earn per stream on Apple Music? - iGroove | Push Your Music (igroovemusic.com)

If anyone wants to know what really happened:

In a statement given to NME, a spokesperson for Spotify confirmed that Kakao M’s catalogue would no longer be available to users around the globe from March 1, 2021 β€œdue to the expiration of our licence”.

β€œWe have been working with KakaoM over the last year and a half to renew the global licensing agreement, so that their artists’ music would remain available to Spotify’s 345M+ listeners in nearly 170 markets around the world,” they said. β€œDespite our best efforts, the existing licensing deal we had with KakaoM (which covered all countries other than South Korea) has come to an end.

β€œThe fact that we have not yet reached agreement on a new global deal is unfortunate for their artists, as well as for fans and listeners worldwide. It is our hope that this disruption will be temporary and we can resolve the situation soon. We remain committed to working with local rights holders including KakaoM, to help grow the Korean music market and overall streaming ecosystem together.”

Spotify confirm hundreds of K-pop releases removed from platform globally (nme.com)

i guess spotify tried to get kakao m to license their songs for spotify's korean service, but kakao m refused so nego broke down. kakao m owns melon, so spotify is a competitor. spotify will end up like apple music in korea.

genie doesn't do this so far, even though they own the genie music streaming service. a lof of dc's songs are distributed under genie.

is interpark still alive?

Last edited:

Magus27

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­825,645
i guess spotify tried to get kakao m to license their songs for spotify's korean service, but kakao m refused so nego broke down. kakao m owns melon, so spotify is a competitor. spotify will end up like apple music in korea.

genie doesn't do this so far, even though they own the genie music streaming service. a lof of dc's songs are distributed under genie.

is interpark still alive?

That makes sense. Kakao M probably doesn't want a competitor, especially one they have to split revenue with and who may try to offer songs cheaper.

Interpark is still alive, but it looks like Dreamcatcher Company was being smart and moving rights over to Genie so all the Dreamcather music will eventually be available under one publisher. Their older albums were moved over from Interpark who had a deal with Kakao M to Genie.

Also, I just found this. I didn't realize Siyeon was featured on this song

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­230,763
That makes sense. Kakao M probably doesn't want a competitor, especially one they have to split revenue with and who may try to offer songs cheaper.

Interpark is still alive, but it looks like Dreamcatcher Company was being smart and moving rights over to Genie so all the Dreamcather music will eventually be available under one publisher. Their older albums were moved over from Interpark who had a deal with Kakao M to Genie.

Also, I just found this. I didn't realize Siyeon was featured on this song

i don't think that's dc siyeon, doesn't sound like her. siyeon is a common korean name, so i think it's someone else.

Top Bottom