The Official DreamCatcher / InSomnia Thread

Magus27

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭826,645
i don't think that's dc siyeon, doesn't sound like her. siyeon is a common korean name, so i think it's someone else.

I wasn't sure if it was her or not. I found it on iTunes when I was looking up to see that Paradise was still under Kakao M - also looks like Kakao M released a statement

However, later that same morning, Kakao M countered with its own statement, in which it claimed that Spotify had been the one who chose not to renew their agreement, even after a request on Kakao M’s part.

The company also clarified that it was still in the midst of negotiating whether its catalogue would be made available on the South Korean version of Spotify—and that the expiration of their global licensing agreement had been entirely separate and unrelated. Spotify also backed up this particular claim in its own statement earlier in the day.

“Unrelated to our preexisting global licensing agreement with Spotify, Kakao M has been separately negotiating with Spotify regarding a domestic contract for the supply of music,” stated Kakao M. “Unrelated to the domestic contract, which we are still negotiating, we separately received notice of the expiration of our license on February 28, and we requested a renewal of our existing global contract.”
“Due to Spotify’s policy that they must proceed with the domestic and global contracts at the same time, our global contract has currently expired,” they continued. “We are currently continuing our negotiations about the supply of music.”

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭237,763
I wasn't sure if it was her or not. I found it on iTunes when I was looking up to see that Paradise was still under Kakao M - also looks like Kakao M released a statement

However, later that same morning, Kakao M countered with its own statement, in which it claimed that Spotify had been the one who chose not to renew their agreement, even after a request on Kakao M’s part.

The company also clarified that it was still in the midst of negotiating whether its catalogue would be made available on the South Korean version of Spotify—and that the expiration of their global licensing agreement had been entirely separate and unrelated. Spotify also backed up this particular claim in its own statement earlier in the day.

“Unrelated to our preexisting global licensing agreement with Spotify, Kakao M has been separately negotiating with Spotify regarding a domestic contract for the supply of music,” stated Kakao M. “Unrelated to the domestic contract, which we are still negotiating, we separately received notice of the expiration of our license on February 28, and we requested a renewal of our existing global contract.”
“Due to Spotify’s policy that they must proceed with the domestic and global contracts at the same time, our global contract has currently expired,” they continued. “We are currently continuing our negotiations about the supply of music.”

If they don't sort this out, Apple Music or Youtube Music would be the winners

sometimes, SK protectionist policies are like China, although they probably have different objectives, one is economic, the other is political. SK people get their own set of services like Naver TV (YT alternative), Melon/Genie, KakaoTalk, etc

Magus27

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭826,645
If they don't sort this out, Apple Music or Youtube Music would be the winners

sometimes, SK protectionist policies are like China, although they probably have different objectives, one is economic, the other is political. SK people get their own set of services like Naver TV (YT alternative), Melon/Genie, KakaoTalk, etc

Yeah, although I think Spotify did this on purpose (not renewing the global contract) in order to put pressure on Kakao M to finish the negotiations of their catalog on the Korean version of Spotify. It sucks because the people hurt in this are the artists and the listeners while Spotify tries to make a power play (i.e., Kakao M loses the money they get from the global Spotify market while they continue to negotiate to allow Spotify access to their catalog in the Korean market).

I was disappointed this was almost all in Korean. I'm glad they posted the whole episode early because of that though. It sucks Eric couldn't meet them in-person. Maybe Yoohyeon can use more English next time.

Overall it looks like Eric and the girls had a great time. I forgot how great Dami looks with her hair long. I really enjoyed the interview and time flew watching it. Some highlights and new things I learned:

-Eric admitting he was late getting into Dreamcatcher
-Mutual respect and admiration of each other (Eric respecting and admiring Dreamcatcher and vice versa - you could tell the girls thought highly of him)
- Learned more about Handong's training period and how her family felt about her joining Dreamcatcher
-Handong complimenting Eric on his Chinese pronunciation and Eric using a little bit of Chinese with Handong warmed my heart and made her really happy. (This made my day)
-Totally with Handong when it comes to trying another country's food, it's a waste not to do so while visiting. Learning this made me love her more.
-Handong got to say closing lines in Chinese for fans
- Yoohyeon listens to the English Kpop Daebak show podcasts often
- Learned Dami is a fan of Eric Nam. She listens to the podcasts, listens to his music, follows Eric Nam's You Tube channel, and asked him a personal question which I did not expect. She also seemed a little extra flirty in this interview (maybe it's because I saw her wink and almost died)
-Eric promised to meet them for dinner when he gets back to Korea. I hope they take a picture together.

Anyone else have thoughts they'd like to share?

Last edited:

frostpuddle

Global Star Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭237,763
Yeah, although I think Spotify did this on purpose (not renewing the global contract) in order to put pressure on Kakao M to finish the negotiations of their catalog on the Korean version of Spotify. It sucks because the people hurt in this are the artists and the listeners while Spotify tries to make a power play (i.e., Kakao M loses the money they get from the global Spotify market while they continue to negotiate to allow Spotify access to their catalog in the Korean market).

I was disappointed this was almost all in Korean. I'm glad they posted the whole episode early because of that though. It sucks Eric couldn't meet them in-person. Maybe Yoohyeon can use more English next time.

Overall it looks like Eric and the girls had a great time. I forgot how great Dami looks with her hair long. I really enjoyed the interview and time flew watching it. Some highlights and new things I learned:

-Eric admitting he was late getting into Dreamcatcher
-Mutual respect and admiration of each other (Eric respecting and admiring Dreamcatcher and vice versa - you could tell the girls thought highly of him)
- Learned more about Handong's training period and how her family felt about her joining Dreamcatcher
-Handong complimenting Eric on his Chinese pronunciation and Eric using a little bit of Chinese with Handong warmed my heart and made her really happy. (This made my day)
-Totally with Handong when it comes to trying another country's food, it's a waste not to do so while visiting. Learning this made me love her more.
-Handong got to say closing lines in Chinese for fans
- Yoohyeon listens to the English Kpop Daebak show podcasts often
- Learned Dami is a fan of Eric Nam. She listens to the podcasts, listens to his music, follows Eric Nam's You Tube channel, and asked him a personal question which I did not expect. She also seemed a little extra flirty in this interview (maybe it's because I saw her wink and almost died)
-Eric promised to meet them for dinner when he gets back to Korea. I hope they take a picture together.

Anyone else have thoughts they'd like to share?
i don't have time to watch this yet, but your comments reminded me of something that is somehow stuck in my head.
ot: i was browsing around twitter and saw bp jisoo trending because of bp's spotify interview. after watching the interview clip, i actually felt bad for jisoo cause in that english interview, she didn't get any chance to speak except for the greeting. i don't know why the host (there has to be a person coordinating the interview right?) or her other members didn't prompt her to say something, or let her speak in korean. other countries commonly speak local language and english, why can't it be the same the other way around?

I'm just glad dc has always tried to include the newer members in early years' vlive, especially jiu. and handong can speak mandarin here and there. i really like the catching chinese series, where handong get to be the expert.

Last edited:
Top Bottom