The Official E-girls Thread

S

Some

What is Manami going to do?

I'm guessing she's staying in ldh doing something related to fashion/dancing or maybe acting we'll know by the end of the month if nothing changes then yeah thats what she probably doing . I hope she just dosent turn into elina and stays in ldh but in the end we hear nothing from her

S

Some

So nothing new is happening with the girls ? Usually at a time like this a new E-girls song should be out especially since they have a tour next year . No happiness news is normal plus they just released their single of course ldh isn't gonna give them decent promotions / push so nothing new . And even though ami released a single i didn't see or hear much about her . Flower are gone So whats left is E-girls this is the longest EG family drought we ever had there is s still shizuka but when did ldh care that much about her her single had so much potential but as usual ldh blew it . And ldh's transtion to digital releases just made things worse idk maybe they gained a few bucks but they messed up with the girls's popularity which was already worrisome since 2017 .

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
More like devolution. Is E-Kou still going? I figured they'd have some details about upcoming releases, but I'm really behind.

SYY did release a new song "Magic Time" on the 10th. It's the ending theme for "Gundam Build Divers re:RISE".

Nabi

4feels Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,200
More like devolution. Is E-Kou still going? I figured they'd have some details about upcoming releases, but I'm really behind.

SYY did release a new song "Magic Time" on the 10th. It's the ending theme for "Gundam Build Divers re:RISE".

I like the song o: I wouldnt mind more like that on an album from them

S

Some

As time passes I feel more and more like the collective work of EG fam has just fallen apart since their "evolution"

Well yeah peopl withdrew from E-girls or you mean that the release schedule fof the groups is a mess ? If so then 1000000000% i mean ... i bet the one who thought of the " evolution " concept just found the word randomly and dosen't know anything about the english language . Ever since hero the only one who cares about the girls left his CEO position for LDH japan everything has been fucked up we were supposed to get an evolution not a devulotion like some have said first they don't give them an E-girls perfect year like they gave tribe in 2014 ( if they gave them one at their peak ldh would be filthy rich by now ) ok cool they don't let them join exile tribe ok cool they invent a one system after another with the first being the shitstorm that happened in 2015 that was not ok! And then the "evolution" which was fine since that's what the girls want then they ignore them and instead of putting them on tv and giving them a decent relese schedule for all groups we get tours which happened at very wrong timings EG2018 tour shouldve happened in 2017 and EG power shouldnve happened it was too early for that yes you were trying to bring back those who left we know but its too early the evelotuion just happened and the amount of new music after that is little . EG fam are supposed to be part of ldh perfect year 2020 but they arent even performing in the new year eve or is it new year day anywho its for sure new years concert and nothing else is announced besides E-girls tour i can't understand ldh instead of making EG fam bigger ok that song didnt do as good as " insert boy group here " give them a tour we need cash will of course it wont u aint promoting them right i swear to god i saw a survey on twitter about idols and e girls were there at the bottom of the list and we know E-girls arent idols i mean .... ,

Exile tribe are everywhere on tv programs movies magazines even in the company they have postions and most of them have been around for a while i bet the ceo thought process is like ok hero gave me the postion i cant dissapoint yeah of course ill help out exile they are the kings anything for you hero ! Oh 3jsb of course they are the are the current hot thing yes money oh its all about generations now i gota ya guys dont worry oh we are debuting a new group called rmpg gene from the corner : take care of my homies
Ceo : yeah sure guys
Rmpg sells records
Ok fanatastics and the other new group i forgot what its called
Ceo : oh egirls aha yeah sure give them this that
Few months
Aha new single sure ok
Oh what itt didnt sell as much as the newly debuted boy group flop tour now i need money

S

Some

I don't blame mio on getting tired of this and deciding to live her life and find a guy . Speaking of mio she is still listed next to manami in the eg family site weird i thought she retired i know the ones who work on the site arent that good at it but usually her name is supposed to be gone by now

Nabi

4feels Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,200
It's just hard for me to think of this group of artists as EG Family still. Everything feels so disjointed and sparse that they just seem like the survivors of some sort of purge in the company tbh.

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Two big things that contributed to the stagnation of EG Family (which I'm using as the umbrella for all the groups since 2011):

1) Not introducing enough new members. For such a large affiliation of groups, you need to bring in new faces to keep things fresh. You can't have members continue to leave without adding new ones. I understand that Flower didn't want new members, but all that did was speed up their decline.

2) Not adding new groups. They did introduce sub-units, but unfortunately ShuuKaren was short lived. I don't really count Dance Earth Party because it was still more of a solo project for Shizuka. It goes back to keeping things fresh. Why does Exile continue to add new groups while EG Family doesn't? I'm optimistic about the new group that will likely debut next year, but it's too little too late.

*I don't think it was as big of a problem, but putting Dream on the backburner was really stupid. There's no reason they couldn't have released a single every year.

Nabi

4feels Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,200
I find it sad Aya felt the need retire when she's still young enough to perform even now. If she was actually tired of it then I get it. But I feel if Dream had continued to have activities then she would still have a place to sing outside of EG if she truly felt like she wanted the younger members to have more of the spotlight.

Whereas male artists in LDH seem to enjoy performing into their middle age, the same can't be said for any of the girls, and I find that terribly disappointing. I honestly miss Aya's voice and think she was never really used to her full potential there. Idk maybe I'm biased because I know she still got more screentime than other members, but I still think she contributed nicely to the vocals.

And with members retiring and leaving, I agree that they needed to bring in new faces and a new gg.

S

Some

Two big things that contributed to the stagnation of EG Family (which I'm using as the umbrella for all the groups since 2011):

1) Not introducing enough new members. For such a large affiliation of groups, you need to bring in new faces to keep things fresh. You can't have members continue to leave without adding new ones. I understand that Flower didn't want new members, but all that did was speed up their decline.

2) Not adding new groups. They did introduce sub-units, but unfortunately ShuuKaren was short lived. I don't really count Dance Earth Party because it was still more of a solo project for Shizuka. It goes back to keeping things fresh. Why does Exile continue to add new groups while EG Family doesn't? I'm optimistic about the new group that will likely debut next year, but it's too little too late.

*I don't think it was as big of a problem, but putting Dream on the backburner was really stupid. There's no reason they couldn't have released a single every year.

You are absouletly correct and all that was due to the new management ignoring them new member wise i think only yuzuna being added back to E-girls was huge mistake they couldve added the rest back slowly atleast also there are expg trainess who were trainess with yuzuna since day1 they couldve been added as members of E-girls and dont say this is too much E-girls are not idols this is too much for the freaking management because they dont wanna bother themselves counting them people think E-girls are idols anyway unfourtunely having an idol system aka many member system + fresh cute cocept is what made E-girls Sell having new members is what keeps the group alive at first when i was new to all of this i was like no way but thats the reialty in japan people like having a variety of choices people like seeing cute girls everywhere on tv which E-girls used to do in 2012 till 2014 but not anymore E-girls was supposed to be a collective group not the main focous of the female groups in the company . Whats the use of releasing something like cinderella fit with no new members and not that big of a push who watches cms these days ? When they were on music station people were like who and the point dance was too easy and unnoticable they shouldve done the whole move not just the circle part . Probably happiness don't want new members too and now E-girls are the same since during the female audition last year harumi said new members will join a new group in EG family and no one has heard from that group till this day the audition was supposed to foucus on every feald and in the end they focued on the vocal team and didnt highlight the rest and chose 2 girls and after that nothing i guess for dream it was like ok ami is a superstar shizuka is working in DEP and aya is figuring out what photography is to her seeing Eri go made her think alot and think she said that she started thinking about retirement in 2016 but E-girls were still working hard to make people not leave after the 2015 revamp . To us she still young but the prejudice againts female singers in japan and korea isnt the same as men in korea thankfully brown eyed girls are breaking that and are still active to this day but in japan its pretty much alive if you are 30 you cant be in a girlgroup i guess there is perfume but they are the same age plus aya isnt intrested in performing anymore ami and shizuka want to explore more options and grow more as solos and the company is back ignoring dream and they are tired of fighting so we are here now . Appetently 2020 we are geeting a bunch of ldh artists in each quarter of the year since its appetently a " perfect year " yeah right for males maybe so i'm hoping for atleast 1 new egirls single soon

Last edited by a moderator:

Nabi

4feels Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,200
With regards to things selling I'm only talking by feel here not data cuz I'm not that deeply into it, but I think if EG had retained its members (at least at the time that Erie left), they would still have done well. I don't think their lack of rotation or graduation was hurting them, although they kept pushing some members into the background when they didn't need to. Now that some members HAVE left, yeah, the lack of new faces and promo is basically LDH leaving them out to dry so... :/

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Not to be all gloom and doom, but I believe EG Time was their most successful album and has sold over 250k copies. The decline started right after that. To my knowledge, EG Crazy sold significantly less, and I don't know why. Was the double album too much for fans? Something happened either with the fandom or behind the scenes way before the restructuring took place in spring 2017. There was no competition for E-girls in 2016, so I don't know where the fans went.

Nabi

4feels Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,200
Eg crazy didn't have much going for it. Even for a jp album it was pretty ridiculous that the bulk was really old stuff, and only 2 or 3 songs were totally new. Even ADLL and that minuscule clip of Harajuku Time Bomb couldn't save what was a pretty blatant final cash grab by the company. Most people probably just bought GGLG right before the album release and already had EGSR and PC and the past singles a long time ago.

From what I remember, I thought EGSR and PC did quite well. GGLG didnt sell as well, but then I remember that song being pretty divisive here (I personally loved it). So jumping off of that and into a studio album that's actually just another best hits album that literally had songs from old ass EG BEST was probably not a great sendoff.

I'm not sure what else was happening with them bc iirc Shuuka was still with them and even Erie was in the jacket shoot for GGLG.

S

Some

So that confirms it manami is still part of EG family we just dont know how

Also another confusing thing even though harumi was part of an article about ray magazine's model's favorite skin care product or them promoting a product not sure anywho if you go on the list of the models on rays website she isnt there anymore ? Here

And This is here photo from the recent article published on october 11 her situation with ray has been confusing me for about a year and a half i searched the site and appearently the last ray photo shoot she did was for i'm guessing either the may or the april issue but the photos were published in april so i think may after that all are model articles may contract problems ? idk 🤷‍♀️

Top Bottom