The Official Momoiro Clover Z & Stardust Planet Thread

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Shiori finally got a secondary character on Gucchoki Party. Her name might be "Burning! Shiorin".

Looks like you're getting your Shachi wish 😛

They're releasing a new song on October 2nd, working with a 70+ member brass band

Bubble Poppin MV is out!

Stardust reading this thread is confirmed!

Ya know, I actually checked Iginari's twitter right before going to bed, so of course they uploaded their video while I was asleep (>.<)

Last edited:

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
A-rin is now on the Tokyo 2020 home page

20190730-oneyeartogo-top-EN.jpg

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Sakura Ebis will release their second album "Octave" on the 21st. They had a pre-release event for it today.

Also today both Momoclo and Shachi performed @ Rock in Japan

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Look what was just posted!

Dance MV for WATASHI FEVER

They will hold a free event tomorrow where they will perform it for the first time.

It's part of the upcoming single "Taitoru mitei" (Title to be decided) which will be released on the second of October.
I'm not sure if that's the actual name of the single or if it's actually still to be decided :doge:
I think it might still be decided, since they haven't announced all the songs on the single yet (apparently there will be 3 new songs).

Last edited:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
My internet's been acting weird, so I wanted to check in while I can. I hope Arin can be a big part of the 2020 Olympics Team and we get to see allot of her!

I saw the Shachi dance practice pop up, but didn't have a chance to watch it yet. I was looking at the MVs they released this year and the views are interesting.

- Rose Fighter: 105k
- Grab Jamun: 48k
- Rock Away: 162k

Rock Away was just released a couple weeks ago and is already the most viewed. I wonder why? Could it be the involvement of the 2 band members? Anyway, Shachi's views are low in general (like most Stardust Groups), but they used to be much higher. I don't know if it's because they changed genre's slightly and have the horn section now or that they're being portrayed less like Idols.

I've watched Bubble Poppin twice and it's probably in my top 5 Stardust Planet songs for this year. I think it's one of the stronger debuts from the newer groups and they actually spent money on the video. They didn't get one of those cheapo videos where they just dance in the street, lol. With 9 members, Iginari are the biggest SP group. I hope they can maintain this size or add new members if some graduate. And when I watched the MV the second time I really noticed the dance they were doing. They used very simple arm movements and the fans followed along. I haven't watched them perform live in a while (I've got their TIF perf saved), so I can't remember if this kind of choreo is their thing. Maybe they can get a viral dance going, who knows.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
A couple of good Hustle Press photos (Arin and Mai)

There's an interesting dentist office in Japan:

It's even playing Momoclo videos on the monitors

Also here's Arin playing some sort of word ping pong for Guchioki Party

My internet's been acting weird, so I wanted to check in while I can. I saw the Shachi dance practice pop up, but didn't have a chance to watch it yet. I was looking at the MVs they released this year and the views are interesting.

- Rose Fighter: 105k
- Grab Jamun: 48k
- Rock Away: 162k

Rock Away was just released a couple weeks ago and is already the most viewed. I wonder why? Could it be the involvement of the 2 band members? Anyway, Shachi's views are low in general (like most Stardust Groups), but they used to be much higher. I don't know if it's because they changed genre's slightly and have the horn section now or that they're being portrayed less like Idols.

I've watched Bubble Poppin twice and it's probably in my top 5 Stardust Planet songs for this year. I think it's one of the stronger debuts from the newer groups and they actually spent money on the video. They didn't one of those cheapo videos where they just dance in the street, lol. With 9 members, Iginari are the biggest SP group. I hope they can maintain this size or add new members if some graduate. And when I watched the MV the second time I really noticed the dance they were doing. They used very simple arm movements and the fans followed along. I haven't watched them perform live in a while (I've got their TIF perf saved), so I can't remember if this kind of choreo is their thing. Maybe they can a viral dance going, who knows.
I hope your internet recovers!
Yeah, their dance kind of reminded me of PSY. A bit exaggerated but easy to learn and follow!
Maybe Shachi's MVs are getting fewer views because they've been released recently, and it will pick up? Or maybe non-fans aren't recognizing the new name. In either case I appreciate the image/sound change.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Kanako posted on the Stardust blog with pictures from the Meijiza stage practice

Interestingly she wasn't in any of the photos herself, which makes me wonder if she's got a new look or maybe isn't feeling well?
m001-768x802.jpg

m002-768x576.jpg

m004-768x1024.jpg

And the best photo:
m003-768x576.jpg

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
I think this is my Top 5 Stardust Planet releases so far this year. They're not in any particular order:

- Momoclo: Diamond Four
- Ebichu: Buzz Beater or Trendy Girl, I can't decide
- TokiSen: Victory Story
- SakuEbi: Kira Kira
- Inginari: Bubble Poppin

*Honorable mention goes to Shachi's Rose Fighter.

What's your Top 5, abra? I know you really liked Hachi's single from earlier in the year and Bunny Gone Bad has become your favorite, but what about the rest?

A couple of good Hustle Press photos (Arin and Mai)

There's an interesting dentist office in Japan:

It's even playing Momoclo videos on the monitors

Also here's Arin playing some sort of word ping pong for Guchioki Party

I hope your internet recovers!
Yeah, their dance kind of reminded me of PSY. A bit exaggerated but easy to learn and follow!
Maybe Shachi's MVs are getting fewer views because they've been released recently, and it will pick up? Or maybe non-fans aren't recognizing the new name. In either case I appreciate the image/sound change.

We may have found the problem with the Internet, so here's hoping 🤞

Stardust has merchandised just about every with Momoclo's name on it, but Dentistry could open up a whole world of possibilities. Just imagine, you could get caps with each member's face on them 😆

Kanako posted on the Stardust blog with pictures from the Meijiza stage practice

Interestingly she wasn't in any of the photos herself, which makes me wonder if she's got a new look or maybe isn't feeling well?
m001-768x802.jpg

m002-768x576.jpg

m004-768x1024.jpg

And the best photo:
m003-768x576.jpg

Kanako's front and center in the first pic, though :bakacat: Did you mean "many" instead of "any"?

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I think this is my Top 5 Stardust Planet releases so far this year. They're not in any particular order:

- Momoclo: Diamond Four
- Ebichu: Buzz Beater or Trendy Girl, I can't decide
- TokiSen: Victory Story
- SakuEbi: Kira Kira
- Inginari: Bubble Poppin

*Honorable mention goes to Shachi's Rose Fighter.

What's your Top 5, abra? I know you really liked Hachi's single from earlier in the year and Bunny Gone Bad has become your favorite, but what about the rest?

We may have found the problem with the Internet, so here's hoping 🤞

Stardust has merchandised just about every with Momoclo's name on it, but Dentistry could open up a whole world of possibilities. Just imagine, you could get caps with each member's face on them 😆

Kanako's front and center in the first pic, though :bakacat: Did you mean "many" instead of "any"?
omg, how did I miss her 🙃 I posted the first pic a bit earlier and I guess I'd forgotten she was in it

My top 5 is difficult to say... Those two are fixed, followed by... probably Chuuken Hachiko. Then there's Trendy Girl, Karei Naru Fukushuu, Donten, The Diamond Four... Also Killer Killer Smile and Summertime Rule. And all the other songs on MCZ, depending on my mood.

Right now I'd probably say RF, BGB, Chuuken Hachiko, Donten, TDF.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Shiori is really cute here

Here's a few short clips from RIJ 2019
Wani to Shampoo

Hashire!

There were also videos from the crowd (Coco Natsu seems very popular with both fans and non-fans who attended)

And I'm not sure what this is about, but there was some tent and apparently they played some Momoclo songs there

It wasn't just Momoclo

Idk if it was something they did between performers or if it was part of a DJ performance. The tweet captions make it seems like it's the latter.

Burning Festival from Shachi's performance

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
I'm glad to see the leather jacket variants are their new go to outfits. I was never a fan of the polka dot/cow costumes.

I'm almost finished translating Part 2 of Momoclo's 5th album Interview with Natalie. I just need to do some editing and go over a few sentences that gave me trouble. I hope to have it up by the weekend.

omg, how did I miss her 🙃 I posted the first pic a bit earlier and I guess I'd forgotten she was in it

My top 5 is difficult to say... Those two are fixed, followed by... probably Chuuken Hachiko. Then there's Trendy Girl, Karei Naru Fukushuu, Donten, The Diamond Four... Also Killer Killer Smile and Summertime Rule. And all the other songs on MCZ, depending on my mood.

Right now I'd probably say RF, BGB, Chuuken Hachiko, Donten, TDF.

From what I've heard of Momoclo's new song, that's a contender for my Top 10. I wish they would release a live MV for it.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Meijiza posters for Momoclo Troupe:
ECGKVsuVAAAfSzK

Stardust has merchandised just about every with Momoclo's name on it

Speaking of which...
You've heard of the Katana light, now Momoclo are taking it to another level:
Introducing the Shuriken light!
52925c57430e8a49619505ab384535a5eb7e9179a38c3099.jpg

52925c57430e8a49619505ab384535a5cf0e9acb5717ac74.jpg

52925c57430e8a49619505ab384535a52b5586fa423901d5.jpg

I'm glad to see the leather jacket variants are their new go to outfits. I was never a fan of the polka dot/cow costumes.

I'm almost finished translating Part 2 of Momoclo's 5th album Interview with Natalie. I just need to do some editing and go over a few sentences that gave me trouble. I hope to have it up by the weekend.

From what I've heard of Momoclo's new song, that's a contender for my Top 10. I wish they would release a live MV for it.
I also like the new outfits more. I'm looking forward to the next translation!

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
The Momoclo badge thread got two more supporters yesterday, which means we have enough! I'm now officially moving into the suggestions phase for a few days!

Also here's a short clip of Momoclo's latest supporting song for Masahiro Tanaka, Uniform Number (背番号).

They should make the supporting songs available, I can't find them anywhere...

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Due to technical difficulties, I could get the 2nd part of the Momoclo Interview up over the weekend, but it's up now on my blog (^ . ^) Reni is so entertaining, lol.

Great news about the Momoclo badge! I better start getting my suggestions ready.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
The shurikenlight can apparently spin pretty well

Yoshine Kyoko

idk what the red things are

Some other shuriken-themed item

Due to technical difficulties, I could get the 2nd part of the Momoclo Interview up over the weekend, but it's up now on my blog (^ . ^) Reni is so entertaining, lol.

Great news about the Momoclo badge! I better start getting my suggestions ready.
Thanks again!
I enjoyed this part a lot, I feel like the interview really picked up!
Arin (22) being upset about being called almost 30 :ROFLMAO:

I also strongly agree that things don't really change that much once you enter your 20s... except maybe your surroundings.
As for Arin's comments on wanting to be 40 instead of 30, it's probably related to how in your 30s you often have young kids and generally have more responsibilities, while it can be a bit calmer in your 40s).

On another note, can I link your blogspot in one of the first posts?

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Things like these make me want to join Angel Eyes. I debated about joining when it was opened up to I-fans, but I never looked into how much a membership costs. It's frustrating not being able to buy something as simple as a t-shirt. With a few exceptions, most items on Amazon.jp don't offer international shipping. I've a found some t-shirts that will ship outside Japan, but none of them interested me.

The shurikenlight can apparently spin pretty well

Yoshine Kyoko

idk what the red things are

Some other shuriken-themed item

Thanks again!
I enjoyed this part a lot, I feel like the interview really picked up!
Arin (22) being upset about being called almost 30 :ROFLMAO:

I also strongly agree that things don't really change that much once you enter your 20s... except maybe your surroundings.
As for Arin's comments on wanting to be 40 instead of 30, it's probably related to how in your 30s you often have young kids and generally have more responsibilities, while it can be a bit calmer in your 40s).

On another note, can I link your blogspot in one of the first posts?

It wasn't until they released that pic of Kunoichi Momoclo that it made sense why they released the Ninja Stars. Ugh, I wish they were available outside of the theater (>.<) Here's some fan pics. Looks like the Wrestler they're friends with is featured in the play.

Glad you enjoyed the translation! Yeah, this part of the interview was more interesting than the first. Reni was cracking me up, lol. Even though I agree that things don't change that much in your 20's, I think Momoclo are a special case since they've been doing the same job for 10 yrs. Being Idols, they're expected to maintain a youthful image. They live in those personas almost every day, so it's bound to have an effect on the way they've grown up.

I had a feeling that's where Arin was going with her comment. It's like she was saying "Life begins at forty".

You can definitely link my blog in the OP (y)

Last edited:
Top Bottom