The Official Momoiro Clover Z & Stardust Planet Thread

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Frowny faces FTW, lol.

I'm glad Takoyaki got another release this year. I can't remember if I knew about this or not. The song is produced by Hyadain who's worked with just about everybody including Momoclo and Ebichu.

EGK4o3mUcAArYQj

Last edited:

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Frowny faces FTW, lol.

I'm glad Takoyaki got another release this year. I can't remember if I knew about this not. The song is produced by Hyadain who's worked with just about everybody including Momoclo and Ebichu.

EGK4o3mUcAArYQj

It was about time they got another release! At first I wasn't sold on the song, but the chorus gets really catchy.
I feel like I'm missing something in regards to why Saki and Mai are frowning at eachother at the beginning.

Speaking of frowny faces, on this episode of "Disgusted Arin":

And I guess this sketch counts too

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985

Exactly. There's that brief moment in the MV when Saki contemplates calling Mai on a land line, but doesn't go through with it. If she did, she'd have to talk to Mai instead of hiding behind her smart phone. They must have had some sort of beef before the video started, and the feud escalated because they were just texting. Only when they dropped their phones did they start to really communicate again. It's surprising to get such a topical message in a Stardust MV.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Momoclo were interviewed by Woman type magazine

This interview is ostensibly about the movie they'll be in, but few questions are about it directly. Some of the questions and answers are particularly interesting, much more so than most interviews I've seen.
In particular, some parts really show the different personalities of the members, especially when they talk about what they do in their free time.
----
On loincloth they showed a short clip of the overture for Momoclo's The Great Satsumanian Hestival set:

It's so loud, and this was outside :ohmygod:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
It really feels like Stardust is putting in more effort in promoting Stardust Planet recently (like in the last two years or so).
Stardust Planet concerts, SDP songs/units, joint events with several groups, Kawakami promoting the other groups more recently and the new TV show "Momokuro to Iku" with different SDP idols.

Speaking of which, here's a short clip

Last edited:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
I noticed Rocket Queen is getting some pretty good views. The video game version has 444k and the collab with the high school marching band has 372k. This is the best they've had since Burning Festival. I can only hope it will create a little more interest.

Team Shachi playing their game.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
There was also an interview with Momoclo and Muro Tsuyoshi, an actor who appears in Saiko no Jinsei:

The actor also appeared in The Curtain Rises/Maku Ga Agaru.
Not that much of interest in the interview but apparently Momoclo were cast thanks to Sayuri Yoshinaga having relatives who are fans.
There are also some profile photos.

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Some Ebichu updates. They released a live MV for a new song called "Pandora" as a preview for their 6th album "Playlist".

They announced a big New Year's Eve concert called "Countdown School Festival". Venue and details to be announced later.

Mayama Rika is releasing her first photobook. It was shot in Taiwan.

It really feels like Stardust is putting in more effort in promoting Stardust Planet recently (like in the last two years or so).
Stardust Planet concerts, SDP songs/units, joint events with several groups, Kawakami promoting the other groups more recently and the new TV show "Momokuro to Iku" with different SDP idols.

Speaking of which, here's a short clip

It does seem like the groups are getting better promotions. It could be to help hype up the next Stardust Planet concert and increase the chance it sells out.

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
I looked into the new show "Momokuro to iku (Let's go with Momoclo)", and there's not much more to add to what you already said about it. It's supposed to be like an "emotionally connecting road movie". Every week, 1 member from Momoclo and 1-3 other Stardust Idols will travel to a specific region of Japan and showcase things unique to the area. Sounds like they'll be visiting all 47 prefectures. In the second episode, Shiori, Honoka, and Ai went to Kanagawa to do some octopus fishing. In addition to discovering new things, I think it's also meant to bring the Stardust groups closer together. In the article I read, Honoka says how all the groups only get together about once or twice a year, so it's great to travel in a random combination like this and talk about various things. Shiori also mentions it's a rare opportunity for the three of them to get together like this and share their interests.

And of course, the episode can be enjoyed in it's entirety on bilibili.

Edit: After watching the episode, there's a bit more going on. It's still a variety, so there's rules and objectives they have to accomplish. I'll do some translating to get a more complete picture.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Looks like they are airing the Momoclo vs Ebichu episode on momoclo chan

There's also a very cute gif in the Momotamai thread!

TDF (song) at Rock In Japan

Some extreme mononofu fashion

A video of Momoka performing Catch Up was uploaded on her YT

Maginashi

Maginashi's the name, orb collector's the game Wandering Merchant
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭129,142,302
There was also an interview with Momoclo and Muro Tsuyoshi, an actor who appears in Saiko no Jinsei:

The actor also appeared in The Curtain Rises/Maku Ga Agaru.
Not that much of interest in the interview but apparently Momoclo were cast thanks to Sayuri Yoshinaga having relatives who are fans.
There are also some profile photos.
こんにちは優しい魂

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Hirase Misato has announced her departure from BOLT

She explains that she still wanted to be an idol when Rock A Japonica disbanded, but has since changed her mind.
She noticed that she lost the drive and passion to be an idol, and is sorry to Rina and Chiho who were with her in Rock A Japonica as she knows the feeling of losing members and really enjoyed being in the same group as them. She's also sorry to the new members for not being able to be with them on the journey as BOLT.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
悲しいです....
tumblr_o0mzr34L351umk6hwo1_400.gifv

面白いことを教えて、私を幸せにする :darkkermit:

I'll reply in English if that's fine since I won't be able to keep up the conversation otherwise!
Did you know that newborn babies release a smell that creates a high similar to that experienced by drug addicts satisfying their cravings?

Maginashi

Maginashi's the name, orb collector's the game Wandering Merchant
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭129,142,302

I'll reply in English if that's fine since I won't be able to keep up the conversation otherwise!
Did you know that newborn babies release a smell that creates a high similar to that experienced by drug addicts satisfying their cravings?

寝る前にこれを教えてくれたら、おやつをあげたでしょう :RMplsdont:

しかし、今私はあなたが私を起こしたのであなたをだまします ...
tenor.gif

Top Bottom