The Official Momoiro Clover Z & Stardust Planet Thread

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
King Records introduced official stay gold gif stickers that can be used for free on LINE (if you get them in the first 3 days?)

You can also just watch the gifs/mp4s on desktop though
Examples:

original.gif

original.gif

original.gif

original.gif

Collaboration with Sanrio characters (maker of Hello Kitty)

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Shachi's Mega Man version of the Rocket Queen MV hit 1M views last week! I can't remember the last time they reached this milestone. The marching band version has just over 850K views, so maybe they can reach 1M for that as well 🤞

Fans have also been posting their scores in the game. I guess you get a percentage based on your progress. Finishing the game gives you a 100% score.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I was shocked with how good the mv looked. I'm wondering what the significance is of the member "copies", but as I'm thinking about it it seems like the whole concept of the release is "duality" or "two sides". First you have the close ups with half the face covered in shadows, there's the member doubles, and obviously also the outfits that are partitioned in two. Then there's the constant shift in perspective, which might or might not also be related. As for the shard-like effects of the members' faces, I'm not sure either. But at the end of the video, it seems to all come together into one. From the doubles to the "shards" uniting and the perspective staying constant.

My favourite part has to be towards the end, when the members faces form. It's such a neat effect!

Last edited:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
I so wasn't prepared for Stay Gold. It has such a fresh sound for Momoclo. There are some elements that are familiar, but the arrangement is so different that it creates a whole new feeling. It gives the song a sense of urgency and desperation. I think the composer has a classical background which explains why it's such a departure. The director of the MV really came through. He actually incorporated a variation on the endless stairway imagery in the background. I think my favorite part of the video is when they dance in front of the mirror images of themselves.

This is an easy inclusion in the Best of 2019 list 💓

I found the lyrics, but I've only done a quick google translate. The main theme seems to be about not giving up and "staying gold" when things go badly for you. That's like 50% of all Momoclo songs, lol.

Why did you cheat? さえ聞けなかった
笑顔の裏 影潜んでた
昨日の仲間が敵に変わるNowadays

見極めるには痛みが伴うんだFate

Stay Gold 君は間違ってなんかない
乱れたこの時代生きろ生きろ
Stay Gold 君を諦めるんじゃない
微かに残った希望 今解き放とう
思うままにゆけ

正直者が泣きを見る世界
疼く傷跡 何度負けても痛みを信じてSmile again

Take a chance 奇跡よりも軌跡を
まだ見ぬ楽園を探せ探せ
Take a chance 遥か先を描いてけ
あのとき願った未来 まだ遅くはない

誰かを頼る自分にトドメさせ 明日を撃て

Stay Gold 君は間違ってなんかない
乱れたこの時代生きろ生きろ
Stay Gold 君を諦めるんじゃない
微かに残った希望 今解き放とう
思うままにゆけ
Stay Gold

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Today was the third day of a (10-day? but I've only seen the line-up for 4 days so idk) festival/event called Yahoo Experience vol.1, and several SDP groups took part.
Amefurasshi, Crown Pop and Hachimitsu Rocket were the opening acts of the day.

Momoclo were one of the main performers alongside Sakurako Ohara, Little Glee Monster, Silent Siren and Polkadot Stingray.

Ebichu and ukka (opening) were also part of the lineup for day 1.

I so wasn't prepared for Stay Gold. It has such a fresh sound for Momoclo. There are some elements that are familiar, but the arrangement is so different that it creates a whole new feeling. It gives the song a sense of urgency and desperation. I think the composer has a classical background which explains why it's such a departure. The director of the MV really came through. He actually incorporated a variation on the endless stairway imagery in the background. I think my favorite part of the video is when they dance in front of the mirror images of themselves.

This is an easy inclusion in the Best of 2019 list 💓

I found the lyrics, but I've only done a quick google translate. The main theme seems to be about not giving up and "staying gold" when things go badly for you. That's like 50% of all Momoclo songs, lol.

Oh, I should have expected that!
I was a bit confused with the title being "stay gold" and the first line being "why did you cheat?" but that explains it

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Oh and today/the 23rd was Arin's 11th anniversary in Momoclo, congratulations!

IG posts

Momoclo changed their setlist for the occasion too, as they started with a 3-member MC where Kanako read a letter thanking Arin ("if I don't read this, I'll get hit"), followed by Arin performing A-rin wa Hankoki.
Also if you take a close look at the Momoclo performance photo, Reni is wearing something on her back. Turns out it was a promotional poster, but not of stay gold but rather the Ayaka Nation release next month. :palove:

Other songs performed were Mouretsu (rare), TDF, Link Link, stay gold (only the second time, I believe), DNA Rhapsody and tsuyoku tsuyoku.
For her solo performance, A-rin was riding around the Makuhari Messe Exhibition Hall in a truck/trolley, and in the MC afterwards Kanako asked her "Makuhari has a truck?!" but it turns out A-rin/management brought it.

Finally, I know this isn't directly related to SDP but Hikaru Yamamoto, the bass player of downtown Momoclo Band, released her first digital single, Dogma, today.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Last edited:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
New Stardust Planet Unit " Namie Joushi Hatsu Kumiai (Namie Women's Union/Association)" or "JaNamie" for short. It consists of Momoclo's Arin and members from several other Stardust groups. I don't know all the members yet, but 3 of them are from Amefurasshi and at least 1 is from B.O.L.T. Arin is the general producer.

ArinP off shot.

They'll be performing once a month in the town of Namie, Fukushima as part of the reconstruction efforts. The town was evacuated after the meltdown of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station in 2015. Even though it's been safe of radioactive isotopes for years, people have been reluctant to return. As of June 1, 2019, Namie had a population of zero, making it literally a ghost town. JaNamie's debut performance was at the annual Tokaichi Festival that was dedicated to the reconstruction this year. They performed an original song called "Namie no wa". Momoclo also performed.

Last edited:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
More JaNamie stuff. I saw these on twitter the other day, but didn't know who they were (Arin looked suspiciously familiar, lol). They already have official group pics.

浪江女子発組合-min.png

bdc523c2-s.jpg

EKGdg19VUAA7byE.jpg

nXfE0Lh.jpg

And here's the full lineup courtesy of Amefurasshi's blog. Along with Arin, it's all the members from Amefurasshi and half of B.O.L.T:

小島はな(アメフラっシ)
 鈴木萌花(アメフラっシ)
 高井千帆(B.O.L.T)
 佐々木彩夏(ももいろクローバーZ)
 愛来(アメフラっシ)
 内藤るな(B.O.L.T)
 市川優月(アメフラっシ)

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I recognized the BOLT members, but wasn't sure about the rest. I was also unsure about the reason it was called "JA"-Namie, but according to that article it's a mix of Japanese and English :peepopbirthday:
Hopefully those who lived in Namie are able to return and the town comes to life.

There was also a rumour going around that Shiori was quitting, so Kawakami had to deny it.

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
That's a relief, but I wonder where the rumor started? It would be really odd if Shiori graduated. Unlike Momoka, I don't get the sense that she's done with Momoclo. Shiori's been so energetic in all of Momoclo's activities whereas Momoka was very laid back towards the end. It would also mean that Shiori only signed a 2 year renewal. We have no idea how long their contracts are, but that seems pretty short. I would have thought it would be at least 4 years.

I actually thought the "Ja" in JaNamie might have referred to "ja mata (see you later)". Then it would mean "see you in Namie".

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Reni Zero for HP

Oh and I was going to post pictures of IG updates w/ SDP/Momoclo/other artists but I haven't managed to do so yet... maybe I'll do it in the next few days

That's a relief, but I wonder where the rumor started? It would be really odd if Shiori graduated. Unlike Momoka, I don't get the sense that she's done with Momoclo. Shiori's been so energetic in all of Momoclo's activities whereas Momoka was very laid back towards the end. It would also mean that Shiori only signed a 2 year renewal. We have no idea how long their contracts are, but that seems pretty short. I would have thought it would be at least 4 years.

I actually thought the "Ja" in JaNamie might have referred to "ja mata (see you later)". Then it would mean "see you in Namie".
If I understood it correctly the rumour was that she told some staff at their concert, which seems very unlikely.

While we're on the subject of Shiori, here are a few gifs/videos

The last gif is from a TV show she recently appeared on, where she said that the best way of seeing Momoclo is to go to Disneyland :iwillfightyou:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Yeah, highly doubtful that Shiori would leak her graduation to some staffers. And there's no way Kawakami is going to lie about it, so I think we're safe. Give me at least 2 more years and 1 more album Shiorin!!! 😭

Shiori is pretty shameless with the Disney promo! I wonder if that's a conflict with Universal Studios, lol.

A few more JaNamie tidbits. You're correct about the abbreviation. They're using the first letters from the Japanese phrase "Joshi-hatsu (from Girls)" and the English word for "Kumiai (Association)". I'm still not sure why they went with English for association. It could simply be that it roles off the tongue easier. If you're curious, you can see the full lineup on their official website. They wrote all their names in English so I don't have to :p

I found their live perf at the Festival. It starts a little past the 3 min. mark. Their song isn't half bad, and they have some serious vocalists in the group. I knew Moeka and Aira from Amefurasshi were powerhouses, but all of them seem to mesh really well together. I'd almost consider this a vocal line. I wonder if they'll make an MV?

I think this topic is interesting enough to deserve a thread. I did a more extensive write up and will post it in a couple days. Probably on Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Momoiro Uta Gassen details were just revealed, Kanako and A-rin will be in the white team and Reni and Shiori will be in the red team.

Some notable participants:
Ebichu (first time), Tokyo Girls' Style, Wada Ayaka (first), m-flo (first), Tacoyaki Rainbow, Up Up Girls (Kari), Boys And Men, CHAI...

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Sasaki-P is real. A new concert called AYAKARNIVAL 2019 was just announced, and it will be organized by Arin.

Details:
Venue: Pacifiko Yokohama
Date: 30th of December
Line-up: =LOVE, Coming Flavor (SKE48), EMPiRE, Sasaki Ayaka

A more in-depth article:

Last edited:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
I went ahead and posted the JA Namie write up on my blog so I could fine tune it. I'll repost it on the forum tomorrow.

Momoiro Uta Gassen details were just revealed, Kanako and A-rin will be in the white team and Reni and Shiori will be in the red team.

Some notable participants:
Ebichu (first time), Tokyo Girls' Style, Wada Ayaka (first), m-flo (first), Tacoyaki Rainbow, Up Up Girls (Kari), Boys And Men, CHAI...

I'm pretty hyped for m-flo to be at the Uta Gassen! The profile of the groups they're inviting is definitely getting bigger:shablob:

Sasaki-P is real. A new concert called AYAKARNIVAL 2019 was just announced, and it will be organized by Arin.

Details:
Venue: Pacifiko Yokohama
Date: 30th of December
Line-up: =LOVE, Coming Flavor (SKE48), EMPiRE, Sasaki Ayaka

A more in-depth article:

I should post a comment on one of Arin's blog posts to tell her to invite Last Idol. You can't have enough 48G affiliated groups.

Top Bottom